Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2011, 07:23 PM
PrincessSinohui's Avatar
PrincessSinohui PrincessSinohui is offline
TriCky'sWif33
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Anaheim, Califas...
Posts: 693
Thanks: 836
Thanked 144 Times in 114 Posts
Default Time reductions 85%, 65%, 50% etc RUMOR or NOT

i need to know if anyone knows anything new on this 65% law in affect ?? does this affect the state prisoner or just the county jail?? with strikes....
__________________
*P@ti3ntly In LuV*
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-15-2011, 06:06 PM
sunangel111 sunangel111 is offline
Account Closed
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 347
Thanks: 45
Thanked 251 Times in 134 Posts
Default

If you're talking about 85%'rs being dropped to 65% then that's just rumor and no such proposed or existing law that I'm aware of. It's been rumored for a couple of years now and has gone unproven to be true thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSinohui View Post
i need to know if anyone knows anything new on this 65% law in affect ?? does this affect the state prisoner or just the county jail?? with strikes....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:57 AM
griffinjenn75 griffinjenn75 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: santa rosa, Ca. USA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default anything new

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesssinohui View Post
i need to know if anyone knows anything new on this 65% law in affect ?? Does this affect the state prisoner or just the county jail?? With strikes....
by chance have u found the answer to ur question? My husband is in county jail now but will be sentenced next month & goint to state prison
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 AM
2sleepy 2sleepy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Reno NV
Posts: 3,057
Thanks: 398
Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default

there is no present or pending law regarding this and it can only be changed by law.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:55 AM
4ever love's Avatar
4ever love 4ever love is offline
Gone fish'n...NMFA
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,376
Thanks: 581
Thanked 1,934 Times in 808 Posts
Default

I'm going to take a guess here. The guys are hearing bits and pieces. I'm guessing that what they are hearing is if the enhancement issue on the ballot gets affirmed, then some of them may get their enhancement(s) removed. Right?

If that's the case, then those getting enhancement's stricken (removed) would get their sentences lowered. My man's enhancement gave him 1 added year. So if removed, that year is removed. Correct?

This percent thing drives me nuts because the way the CDCR calculates that term form they use, it's 1 for 1, 2 for 1, 4 for 6, etc. etc.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4ever love For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (10-18-2012)
  #6  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 AM
4ever love's Avatar
4ever love 4ever love is offline
Gone fish'n...NMFA
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,376
Thanks: 581
Thanked 1,934 Times in 808 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffinjenn75 View Post
by chance have u found the answer to ur question? My husband is in county jail now but will be sentenced next month & goint to state prison
Your husband falls in a totally different catagory because he's under the CA Realignment Plan. CDCR's website has some info on that plan as does Governor Brown's site. He's in the Oct 1, 2011 group.

Now if the Prison Law Office's recent reply brief gets Ordered by the Three Court Judges, and there's more transparency in the system, we will get some education on how the "inside admin" works.

Possibility of increased credits to earn is on the table with Plata vs Gov. Brown as a way to reduce the inmate population. Will that happen? We're waiting as CDCR is behaving spoiled childlike and not following the rules, but rather digging their feet in deeper. Might take a Contempt of Court to dig them outta their mud
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4ever love For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (10-18-2012)
  #7  
Old 10-18-2012, 08:27 PM
MONS4BZ's Avatar
MONS4BZ MONS4BZ is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: us california
Posts: 115
Thanks: 2
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever love
I'm going to take a guess here. The guys are hearing bits and pieces. I'm guessing that what they are hearing is if the enhancement issue on the ballot gets affirmed, then some of them may get their enhancement(s) removed. Right?

If that's the case, then those getting enhancement's stricken (removed) would get their sentences lowered. My man's enhancement gave him 1 added year. So if removed, that year is removed. Correct?

This percent thing drives me nuts because the way the CDCR calculates that term form they use, it's 1 for 1, 2 for 1, 4 for 6, etc. etc.
Iam so confused, my son has 16 years applied in enhancements, what am I supposed to be voting on to help get this changed?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 PM
tea12 tea12 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CA USA
Posts: 96
Thanks: 16
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
Default Time reductions 85%, 65%, 50% etc...

Hello Everyone,

I have heard so much about California reducing the percentage times from 85% to 65%, etc... It's a shame that we cannot get a straight answer. Does anyone know if this is truth or rumor? I can't find info anywhere which lead me to believe it's probably a rumor. Please help if you can.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2012, 09:46 PM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is online now
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 27,193
Thanks: 24,578
Thanked 18,736 Times in 8,931 Posts
Default

Because your questions are state specific, I've moved your thread to the California sub-forum CDCR - What You Need to Know And while I'm not familiar with California, I will say that these things are usually rumors
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 PM
2sleepy 2sleepy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Reno NV
Posts: 3,057
Thanks: 398
Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default

The percent of time served can only be changed by the legislature and there is no legislation pending to change it, so the simple answer is-it's just a rumor. That particular rumor has been circulating for years, particularly inside prisons
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-28-2012, 09:33 PM
tea12 tea12 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CA USA
Posts: 96
Thanks: 16
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
Default

sad face boo I don't understand why things have to be so confusing and up in the air. It's crazy....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Gryphon Gryphon is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA Sacramento
Posts: 6,104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,467 Posts
Default

It isn't up in the air when it comes to conduct credits. It is decided by the legislature.
50% is county jail and garden variety state prison felonies (for both CDCR and "County Prison" sentences.) Note that the old 33% county jail time has changed to 50%).
65% is a 50% inmate at fire camp.
15% is a "violent" crime and a prison sentence (only one violent count required, and all counts are 15%)
20% is a sentence on a crime that isn't violent, that has been enhanced by 1 prior strike.
There is nothing proposed to change these percentages. No pending bills, no new laws. It is subject to possible future changes, but if it does I think it'll be front page news and there will be loud political rumblings that will be more than obvious.

Release dates on county jail sentences in urban areas can be subject to early release. That depends on local policies and is related to jail overcrowding. An early release makes knowing a release date "up in the air".

Last edited by Gryphon; 11-05-2012 at 06:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gryphon For This Useful Post:
2sleepy (01-28-2013)
  #13  
Old 11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Gryphon Gryphon is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA Sacramento
Posts: 6,104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,467 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONS4BZ View Post
Iam so confused, my son has 16 years applied in enhancements, what am I supposed to be voting on to help get this changed?
There is nothing on the ballot that applies to CA enhancements. The only 2 criminal law issues are whether the Death Penalty should be repealed and Life Without Parole substituted; and whether a 25 to life sentence for a third strike ought to in the future only be for a new serious or violent crime (leaving local courts to hash out what to do about old cases that resulted in 25 to life.)
The Prositions are 34 and 36.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 AM
FrankeysGirl22 FrankeysGirl22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: california
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 85% going to 65%?

Hello there I was wondering if the 85% was going down to 65% my bf has been telling me he heard they r passing some law or prop idk I'm not sure if anyone knows it will be a big help thank u
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:43 PM
2sleepy 2sleepy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Reno NV
Posts: 3,057
Thanks: 398
Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default

no it has not changed and there is no legislation pending that would change it, that rumor has been circulating for years..sorry
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:30 PM
FrankeysGirl22 FrankeysGirl22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: california
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Aggghhh that sucks what a let down. -_- thank u
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Sheryl P.'s Avatar
Sheryl P. Sheryl P. is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california
Posts: 4,645
Thanks: 2,470
Thanked 3,451 Times in 1,912 Posts
Default

So to make a long sory short,
is there any change in the length of time to be served based on enhancements?
Is there anything for shu/gang validated inmates who are incarcerated for a non-violent & non-serious offence?
Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM
2sleepy 2sleepy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Reno NV
Posts: 3,057
Thanks: 398
Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl P. View Post
So to make a long sory short,
is there any change in the length of time to be served based on enhancements?
Is there anything for shu/gang validated inmates who are incarcerated for a non-violent & non-serious offence?
Thanks!
sorry, I thought I responded to this. The answer is no, there are no changes- or pending changes that would alter enhancements.

Changes for shu/gang validated inmates would require a change in CDCR regulations. I don't know of any but this is a good site to check (click on the links for pending and recently adopted regulations:
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...ons/index.html
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sleepy For This Useful Post:
Sheryl P. (01-02-2013)
  #19  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 PM
JustYeah JustYeah is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 51
Thanks: 35
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
It isn't up in the air when it comes to conduct credits. It is decided by the legislature.
50% is county jail and garden variety state prison felonies (for both CDCR and "County Prison" sentences.) Note that the old 33% county jail time has changed to 50%).
65% is a 50% inmate at fire camp.
15% is a "violent" crime and a prison sentence (only one violent count required, and all counts are 15%)
20% is a sentence on a crime that isn't violent, that has been enhanced by 1 prior strike.
There is nothing proposed to change these percentages. No pending bills, no new laws. It is subject to possible future changes, but if it does I think it'll be front page news and there will be loud political rumblings that will be more than obvious.

Release dates on county jail sentences in urban areas can be subject to early release. That depends on local policies and is related to jail overcrowding. An early release makes knowing a release date "up in the air".
So if I got this right.. even though he got 50% conduct credits in county, once transferred to prison, it drops to 15% of whatever time was left since it was an assault charge?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Miss Cornbread's Avatar
Miss Cornbread Miss Cornbread is offline
Loving my King
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 758
Thanks: 837
Thanked 484 Times in 264 Posts
Default

Husband just told me today that people have been getting called in people with 85% dropping down to 50% I am looking up why now trying to see if my hubby is a candidate
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
FrankeysGirl22 FrankeysGirl22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: california
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Yeah my bf told ne the same thing my moms friend was in nd he said he's getting released early cause of it so I'm thinking it went through!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-26-2012, 02:22 PM
2sleepy 2sleepy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Reno NV
Posts: 3,057
Thanks: 398
Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cornbread View Post
Husband just told me today that people have been getting called in people with 85% dropping down to 50% I am looking up why now trying to see if my hubby is a candidate
There is NO new law reducing the percentage that is served on a crime. Prisons cannot change the percentage, only the legislature can do this. You have posted this in another forum, and my guess is the people you are talking about had an error on their prison commitment regarding the time they had to serve and that is being corrected.

Unless an error was made in sentencing people are not getting out early, no matter how much everyone wishes that it would happen.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sleepy For This Useful Post:
Xiu Xiu (12-28-2012)
  #23  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 PM
JustYeah JustYeah is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 51
Thanks: 35
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustYeah View Post
So if I got this right.. even though he got 50% conduct credits in county, once transferred to prison, it drops to 15% of whatever time was left since it was an assault charge?
Well, I got my answer since this. He only has to do half of what he was sentenced. He thinks he'll even get out sooner than that due to them being over crowded and kicking the ones out early that don't get in trouble.(Not sure where he got that idea from) Maybe he just got lucky.

Last edited by JustYeah; 12-28-2012 at 04:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:23 PM
nateeslamislady's Avatar
nateeslamislady nateeslamislady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: French Camp California
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

All I can really say is we all will know come January 7 2013 on what the plans are for the prison population and there plans on making things reduce increase who will b realeased etc just hold tight its going to be sooner than u know I have a feeling everyone will have somethimg to say about it
__________________
Our I dos were forever and our forever means eternity
married as of January 25 2013
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Xiu Xiu's Avatar
Xiu Xiu Xiu Xiu is offline
taking a break
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ca
Posts: 1,158
Thanks: 101
Thanked 545 Times in 387 Posts
Default

Courts orders to reduce population and people spreading rumors about time reductions are two completely different things.

I wish the mods would delete post with rumors being started. That's what was done on here years ago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:23 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics