Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Connecticut Member Introductions Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Connecticut prison system.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:52 PM
!New To This!

Default 1 Week, 2 Days: Hello My New Existance.

Hello Everyone,

I've been falling apart since the 17th a basket-case and I am barely getting through this. I'm 28 have a baby girl who turns 1 next month, and now her father is locked up. He was sentenced to 3 1/2 years for probation violation, had 5 1/2 left on his original sentence and it was federal so we're looking at 2.5 years (85%) I'm guessing. This is TOO much for me! But thanks to you guys (been reading through for a few days) I know I can do this. I got together with Families in Crisis and they seem to be willing to really help. It's just so hard waking up each day and he's not there to help with the baby, we got up and went to work together, came home cooked, bathe the baby, and were always together. Yesterday his mom and I went to see him and they had switched him from Memorial to Madison Unit so now I'm just depressed cos of their hours, so anyway that's my intro. I hope I can be just as supportive toward others and I expect ya'll to be with me. Thanks.

Jo

He tells me he loves me, that I need to be strong for our baby and ourselves. He tells me it'll get better, that it's hard for him too, and we'll be together soon. He tells me what I need to hear to get by each day, and still I cry.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2011, 07:48 PM

Default It's Not Easy...

Welcome to PTO and I'm sorry about the circumstances that brought you here.

I can tell you a few things. First off, he's probably quite unhappy too. I know I was. I missed my wife and kids so much when I was in...I thought about them every single day and was depressed that I couldn't be with them. I missed so much of their lives. But here's the thing - as we settled into new routines the time apart go a bit easier - not better - just easier. And time went pretty fast.

The other thing is that this is a good place to hang out. There are so many here going through (or having gone through) what you are. We understand. So - welcome.

BRRRRRRT!!

A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in on the experience.
- Elbert Hubbard
Old 02-25-2011, 10:31 PM

I also wanted to say welcome to PTO. I'll be the first to tell you my biggest support comes from right here. I too am new to all this and like eidolon say once you get you and your daughter into a routine things will get a little easier.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:10 PM
!New To This!

I've started getting mail, and had a visit so I'm feeling better. When I went to see him the other day, they moved him to another building so now visits are just during the day and early afternoon...I probably won't see him til he goes to Walker for processing unless my job will find coverage so I can leave early once a week. Thanks so much for the encouragement, and I do believe once the routine is in place, and I start getting phone calls it will be easier. I just am so sad for the time he's missing from our daughter.

He tells me he loves me, that I need to be strong for our baby and ourselves. He tells me it'll get better, that it's hard for him too, and we'll be together soon. He tells me what I need to hear to get by each day, and still I cry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Down4DaddyCT For This Useful Post:
ednspirit (02-28-2011)