Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Lifer
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Loving a Lifer For those whose loved one is serving a life sentence.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 AM

Default Any lifers in California recently released?

FIRST I WANNA SAY HELLO, AND I HOPE THAT FEBRUARY IS GOING GREAT FOR YOU, AND ANYONE WITH A LOVE ONE BEING RELEASED THIS MONTH OR MARCH, CONGRADS. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HEARD OF ANY LIFERS BEING RELEASED IN CALIFORNIA THIS YEAR DUE TO PAROLE BOARD, COURTS OR ANY OTHER REASON? THAT MAN HAS DONE THIRTY YEARS ON A 15 TO LIFE SENTENCE. HE HAD A THREE YEAR SET OFF IN 09' SO HIS NEXT HEARING IS IN 2012, RECENTLY WHENEVER WE GET TO TALK ALL HE TALKS ABOUT WITH SO MUCH POSITIVITY IS THE MARSY LAW BEING OVERTURN BY THE COURTS, HE GETS REALLY EXCITED AND IF YOU ASKED QUESTIONS YOU NEVER REALLY GET THE FULL PICTURE OF WHAT IS GOING ON. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING ON THEM OVERTURNING THE LAW OR THEM RELEASING LIFERS DUE TO THE POSSIBILITY OF IT BEING OVERTURN, OR JERRY BROWN RELEASING PRISONS. I LOVE THAT MAN WITH ALL MY HEART. BUT HE IS KINDA GOT A ONE TRACK MIND AND NOTHING ESLE CAN REALLY GET IN THERE OR OUT OF THERE. OF COURSE LIKE MOST INMATES WHO HAVE DONE ALOT OF TIME AND ARE NEARING THEIR LATER YEARS OR IN THEM HE WANTS TO COME HOME, AND TO LISTEN TO HIM YOU WOULD SWEAR HE HAS PAROLE PAPERS IN HIS HANDS AND IS STANDING BY THE GATE ON HIS WAY OUT. I AM NOT MAD AT HIM, HE NEEDS TO HOLD ON TO HOPE AND FAITH I KNOW IT IS WHAT KEEPS HIM STANDING TALL THROUGH IT ALL. HE RECENTLY GOT DENIED BY THE COURT, AFTER BEING LET DOWN, THERE WERE WEEKS AFTER I WAS NOT SURE THAT HE WAS GOING TO PULL OUT OF HIS FUNK. BUT HE DID, AND I HATE TO SEE ANOTHER DISAPPOINTMENT GET HIM DOWN AGAIN. HE IS FIFTY YEARS OLD AND HE WANTS SO MUCH TO COME HOME, AND WHILE I WOULD LOVE FOR US TO GET AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEND OUR LATER YEARS TOGETHER, I HATE TO SEE HIM ALL WORK UP OVER SOMETHING THAT HAS NO BEARING FOR HIM. I AM NOT ASKING TO HELP ME BURST HIS BUBBLE, I AM REALLY HOPING THAT HE IS HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS AS ALWAYS. BUT I WANT TO GET MORE INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE MARSY LAW AND IT BEING OVERTURN, IT SEEMS WRONG TO ADD MORE TIME TO A MAN SENTENCE THROUGH DENYING A YEARLY PAROLE HEARING, BUT IT IS THE LAWS AND THEY USUALLY BREAK OTHER LAWS OR CONSTITUTIONS TO EXISTED. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE WHOLE STORY, BECAUSE THE MAN IS KINDA ONLY GOT ONE THING ON HIS MIND AND RIGHTFULLY SO AND UNDERSTANDABLE. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE MARSY LAW OR LIFERS IN CALIFORNIA BEING RELEASE RECENTLY. THANKS AND ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 08:56 AM
PTO Staff on LOA

Thanked 4,121 Times in 971 Posts

I wish I had something good to share. I have a 57 year old brother with 17-Life at CMF in Vacaville who has been in now 28 years. I talked to him on the phone last week and I really wonder when this is going to end for him. Hope you hear some good news from someone here on PTO soon. Take care.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post

I wish I had something good to share. I have a 57 year old brother with 17-Life at CMF in Vacaville who has been in now 28 years. I talked to him on the phone last week and I really wonder when this is going to end for him. Hope you hear some good news from someone here on PTO soon. Take care.
IT DOES SEEM AS THOUGH IT WILL NEVER END DOES IT? THAT MAN HAS DOES 30 YEARS NOW ON A 15 TO LIFE SENTENCE, AND THIS LAST TIME HE GOT A 3 YEAR SET OFF ON HIS PAROLE HEARING. I HOPE THAT YOUR BROTHER COMES HOME. SO HE CAN SEE AND SPEND REAL TIME WITH HIS FAMILY AND LOVE ONES. I THINK 28 YEARS IS LONG ENOUGH. WOW. THERE ARE SO MANY COMING HOME I GOT A FEW PM FROM WOMEN WHO HAVE HEARD OF PEOPLE BEING RELEASED NOW. SO WE CAN HOPE AND PRAY. I WILL KEEP YOU AND YOUR BROTHER IN MY PRAYS.
The Following User Says Thank You to SOLLIAH For This Useful Post:
Ramira34 (05-06-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONLILMAMA View Post
IT DOES SEEM AS THOUGH IT WILL NEVER END DOES IT? THAT MAN HAS DOES 30 YEARS NOW ON A 15 TO LIFE SENTENCE, AND THIS LAST TIME HE GOT A 3 YEAR SET OFF ON HIS PAROLE HEARING. I HOPE THAT YOUR BROTHER COMES HOME. SO HE CAN SEE AND SPEND REAL TIME WITH HIS FAMILY AND LOVE ONES. I THINK 28 YEARS IS LONG ENOUGH. WOW. THERE ARE SO MANY COMING HOME I GOT A FEW PM FROM WOMEN WHO HAVE HEARD OF PEOPLE BEING RELEASED NOW. SO WE CAN HOPE AND PRAY. I WILL KEEP YOU AND YOUR BROTHER IN MY PRAYS.
I know of 2 lifers that have been released in the last 6 months in Claifornia. I have the articles from the newspaper if you want to read them, PM and I'll forward them to you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hizgirl123 For This Useful Post:
DsLatinCutie (10-23-2012), Ramira34 (05-06-2011), SOLLIAH (02-21-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizgirl123 View Post
I know of 2 lifers that have been released in the last 6 months in Claifornia. I have the articles from the newspaper if you want to read them, PM and I'll forward them to you.
i want them too plleeease!!

i can hardly believe i get excited when i learn of lifers being released....i feel like an insane woman! when i was in jail i use to trip out on the ladies who constantly shook their heads ((probably from a medical condition)) well i find myself feeling like that now, always shaking my head and excited over lifers being released, yup im crazy... crazy in love with a lifer.

i've learned that since 2007 the amount of lifers released in California alone have increased "each year", i yet have to find that figure / statistic online, but hubby and i believe it and are extremely hopeful for our parole.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:27 PM

From wifey, "Don't give up hope because where there is life, there is hope. Hubby was released and it has been wonderful." From hubby, "To all the women that have stood by us, thank you. Also, it is not like we have been told, once found suitable and 150 days have been exceeded, you are released within a few days. To those that have help on outside (like you ladies who have stood by their men and women), it is truly a blessing. Without you, we couldn't do it. God Bless."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HeIsMighty For This Useful Post:
crow woman (10-06-2011), DsLatinCutie (10-23-2012), forthelonghaul (10-06-2011), imtornin2 (10-11-2011), Junior'sQueen (03-28-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Donation Award 

Can I get that info too. I have a friend who brother is a lifer?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:20 PM

http://prisonmovement.wordpress.com/...ry-of-a-lifer/

Here is one of the articles. I will post the other one soon. I have to locate it in my documents, so bare with me. Thx!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hizgirl123 For This Useful Post:
BOSSFREE310 (10-15-2012), DsLatinCutie (10-23-2012), PBslilsister (11-09-2012), Peach&Cream (02-24-2011), Ramira34 (05-06-2011), raysbabe (02-19-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 08:49 PM

Well my husband was released by the board as of three weeks ago. Thank God for
Jerry Brown. Arny was on his way out and was not going to release my husband and reverse
The board's decision but as soon as Jerry came in, he reviwed my husband's case and released my husband.
The day my husband was released, three other guys were released as well. Also about 3 of my husbad's friends were released within a 4 month period. There has been countless others as well. My guy has been in for 24 years and I took him to the movie theatre for Valentines Day. Keep the faith and have hope. We have a much better governor this time around.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to I'mTei's For This Useful Post:
*Precious* (02-20-2011), ajrdn (05-09-2011), brerodriguez81 (05-11-2011), cassy3345 (03-31-2011), deedee2004 (11-07-2012), DsLatinCutie (10-23-2012), imtornin2 (10-11-2011), Junior'sQueen (03-28-2011), malmhernandez (03-16-2011), MsJ41 (02-20-2011), Mz*DlOc (02-21-2011), Peach&Cream (02-20-2011), pookiessparkle (03-15-2011), Ramira34 (05-06-2011), SC1575 (02-19-2011), Sininen (02-22-2011), ViggosWifey (02-27-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 PM
SG_blkgrlone

i have not heard about lifers release, but i have been hearing about 3-strikers getting released through help from the Stanford legal clinic. My husband is a 3-striker in CA, and the Stanford legal clinic just agreed to take my husbands 3-strike case. THANK GOD, I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR THIS. THANK YOU JESUS.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chris2009 For This Useful Post:
*Precious* (02-20-2011), Beachhouse (03-29-2011), Brandy (03-02-2011), Mz*DlOc (02-21-2011), pisces_in_soCal (04-01-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mTei's View Post
Well my husband was released by the board as of three weeks ago. Thank God for
Jerry Brown. Arny was on his way out and was not going to release my husband and reverse
The board's decision but as soon as Jerry came in, he reviwed my husband's case and released my husband.
The day my husband was released, three other guys were released as well. Also about 3 of my husbad's friends were released within a 4 month period. There has been countless others as well. My guy has been in for 24 years and I took him to the movie theatre for Valentines Day. Keep the faith and have hope. We have a much better governor this time around.
Right On Girl!!! SO happy for you guys!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hizgirl123 For This Useful Post:
I'mTei's (02-21-2011), luevanos06 (04-16-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizgirl123 View Post
i would love them articles plz!!!!!!!!!! you can fwd to my email gracenorth@yahoo.com
Old 02-20-2011, 12:33 PM

Hello Lil Mama,, I am going to PM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONLILMAMA View Post
FIRST I WANNA SAY HELLO, AND I HOPE THAT FEBRUARY IS GOING GREAT FOR YOU, AND ANYONE WITH A LOVE ONE BEING RELEASED THIS MONTH OR MARCH, CONGRADS. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HEARD OF ANY LIFERS BEING RELEASED IN CALIFORNIA THIS YEAR DUE TO PAROLE BOARD, COURTS OR ANY OTHER REASON? THAT MAN HAS DONE THIRTY YEARS ON A 15 TO LIFE SENTENCE. HE HAD A THREE YEAR SET OFF IN 09' SO HIS NEXT HEARING IS IN 2012, RECENTLY WHENEVER WE GET TO TALK ALL HE TALKS ABOUT WITH SO MUCH POSITIVITY IS THE MARSY LAW BEING OVERTURN BY THE COURTS, HE GETS REALLY EXCITED AND IF YOU ASKED QUESTIONS YOU NEVER REALLY GET THE FULL PICTURE OF WHAT IS GOING ON. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING ON THEM OVERTURNING THE LAW OR THEM RELEASING LIFERS DUE TO THE POSSIBILITY OF IT BEING OVERTURN, OR JERRY BROWN RELEASING PRISONS. I LOVE THAT MAN WITH ALL MY HEART. BUT HE IS KINDA GOT A ONE TRACK MIND AND NOTHING ESLE CAN REALLY GET IN THERE OR OUT OF THERE. OF COURSE LIKE MOST INMATES WHO HAVE DONE ALOT OF TIME AND ARE NEARING THEIR LATER YEARS OR IN THEM HE WANTS TO COME HOME, AND TO LISTEN TO HIM YOU WOULD SWEAR HE HAS PAROLE PAPERS IN HIS HANDS AND IS STANDING BY THE GATE ON HIS WAY OUT. I AM NOT MAD AT HIM, HE NEEDS TO HOLD ON TO HOPE AND FAITH I KNOW IT IS WHAT KEEPS HIM STANDING TALL THROUGH IT ALL. HE RECENTLY GOT DENIED BY THE COURT, AFTER BEING LET DOWN, THERE WERE WEEKS AFTER I WAS NOT SURE THAT HE WAS GOING TO PULL OUT OF HIS FUNK. BUT HE DID, AND I HATE TO SEE ANOTHER DISAPPOINTMENT GET HIM DOWN AGAIN. HE IS FIFTY YEARS OLD AND HE WANTS SO MUCH TO COME HOME, AND WHILE I WOULD LOVE FOR US TO GET AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEND OUR LATER YEARS TOGETHER, I HATE TO SEE HIM ALL WORK UP OVER SOMETHING THAT HAS NO BEARING FOR HIM. I AM NOT ASKING TO HELP ME BURST HIS BUBBLE, I AM REALLY HOPING THAT HE IS HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS AS ALWAYS. BUT I WANT TO GET MORE INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE MARSY LAW AND IT BEING OVERTURN, IT SEEMS WRONG TO ADD MORE TIME TO A MAN SENTENCE THROUGH DENYING A YEARLY PAROLE HEARING, BUT IT IS THE LAWS AND THEY USUALLY BREAK OTHER LAWS OR CONSTITUTIONS TO EXISTED. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE WHOLE STORY, BECAUSE THE MAN IS KINDA ONLY GOT ONE THING ON HIS MIND AND RIGHTFULLY SO AND UNDERSTANDABLE. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE MARSY LAW OR LIFERS IN CALIFORNIA BEING RELEASE RECENTLY. THANKS AND ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 PM

Wow you guys thanks for the good news and info. I read up on the Marsy law and how it all start basically money making laws, it was amazing to me how many newspapers in California were against it. How that man says that he feels so sure he will get to come home this time. I just worry the last denial was bad for him. THANK YOU ALL! CONGADS TO ALL WHO'S LOVE ONE ARE HOME AND COMING HOME! I HOPE THE MAN GETS THE SAME! THANKS LADIES SO MUCH!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2009 View Post
i have not heard about lifers release, but i have been hearing about 3-strikers getting released through help from the Stanford legal clinic. My husband is a 3-striker in CA, and the Stanford legal clinic just agreed to take my husbands 3-strike case. THANK GOD, I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR THIS. THANK YOU JESUS.
I am so happy for you, please keep us updated, I hope all goes well for you and your husband!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:03 PM

My husband was released in October through the california appellate court. He ended up being friends with a lawyer that represents lifers at their board hearings and does writs and she said that Jerry has reversed some of the parole board decisions. He also knows of an inmate that just found out jerry decided not to review his and will be getting out some time this year. This is a hard road to walk, but it can be done and don't ever give up hope.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JMC521 For This Useful Post:
Beachhouse (03-29-2011), Doll Eyes (03-07-2011), DsLatinCutie (10-23-2012), Junior'sQueen (03-28-2011), Peach&Cream (02-24-2011), pookiessparkle (03-15-2011), Ramira34 (05-06-2011), SOLLIAH (02-21-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 PM

I just read 2 weeks ago the 5th district appeals court overturned a life sentence for bad jury instructions. That was great news for me because 5th district is notoriously tough and my Dads appeal is going through there pretty soon. Gave me a little hope. Good luck to all of you!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:06 PM

Grrrr. I think I lost my whole post :@

Anyways, just got a letter stating that a friend had got a parole date at his first hearing on a 15 or 16 to life. YAY!!

And, I tried to post a link, but b/c I had to re-sign up, it won't let me. But, if you google "governor brown prison 2011" there is a cool article about how he is using his legislative power to enable parole even if the board recommends against it.

"Gov. Jerry Brown signaled Wednesday that he will resist any constitutional amendment imposing a check on blanket pardon powers or limits on a governor’s authority to commute sentences"

It is the fourth link down when I search. . .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angela2016 For This Useful Post:
ajrdn (05-09-2011), Junior'sQueen (03-28-2011), Peach&Cream (02-24-2011), united (04-03-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela2016 View Post
Grrrr. I think I lost my whole post :@

Anyways, just got a letter stating that a friend had got a parole date at his first hearing on a 15 or 16 to life. YAY!!

And, I tried to post a link, but b/c I had to re-sign up, it won't let me. But, if you google "governor brown prison 2011" there is a cool article about how he is using his legislative power to enable parole even if the board recommends against it.

"Gov. Jerry Brown signaled Wednesday that he will resist any constitutional amendment imposing a check on blanket pardon powers or limits on a governor’s authority to commute sentences"

It is the fourth link down when I search. . .
Sorry you lost your post, but thank you so much for the information. It has been so helpful, and I am so happy so many of you were willing to share your stories! Good luck to everyone and their love ones recently or soon to be released! Thanks again!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Default 2 weeks..

My inmate goes back to the parole board in two weeks. I am so nervous for him, he has been approved twice, this will be the third in a row. He has to do well (that has feels like desperation) he will be devastated if it doesn't. He is hearing and seeing people who are getting out. He has an even stronger parole plan, has even more progams, has made a point to correct the issues the governor reversed it for. I can't see how they can say yes 2 years in a row, have someone do even better and then say no, but you just dont know. 2 weeks.....they are going to be stressful. Sorry if I posted this before, I think most here can relate to when you just want something to happen so bad... I cant wait just to know one way or another...
Old 03-02-2011, 01:45 AM

im so glad to read this post, i knew of a couple of mines friends who were released this year ,but its good to read of more, good luck to those with loved ones heading to appeal,parole board soon.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sius View Post
My inmate goes back to the parole board in two weeks. I am so nervous for him, he has been approved twice, this will be the third in a row. He has to do well (that has feels like desperation) he will be devastated if it doesn't. He is hearing and seeing people who are getting out. He has an even stronger parole plan, has even more progams, has made a point to correct the issues the governor reversed it for. I can't see how they can say yes 2 years in a row, have someone do even better and then say no, but you just dont know. 2 weeks.....they are going to be stressful. Sorry if I posted this before, I think most here can relate to when you just want something to happen so bad... I cant wait just to know one way or another...
I do understand completely, I just want to know what, if he does everything they say, with the man they used the crime, which you can't change if we go there would be no one in prison? Yikes! Anyway,I am praying trying to help him with his parole plans? Talk to a few guys about good plans and stuff and the man has great ideas and thoughts he has done this for thirty years! I hope this is his last time and they let him come home, I hope yours does get what you both pray and hope for! I am just really tired, but the man is determined to come home and I got his back! Good luck!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:35 PM

My man is a lifer on a 19to life sentence. He's been in for 9years but still has 13more to do. He got screwed and wasnt counted for his county jail time of 3 years. :/ I'm hoping to take his case back to court and get the life taken off. His case is pretty strong in my opinion, but who knows. I pray everything goes well.
XO kayla

Old 03-11-2011, 06:11 PM
doing time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKakes View Post
My man is a lifer on a 19to life sentence. He's been in for 9years but still has 13more to do. He got screwed and wasnt counted for his county jail time of 3 years. :/ I'm hoping to take his case back to court and get the life taken off. His case is pretty strong in my opinion, but who knows. I pray everything goes well.
XO kayla
Hey MissKakes, Iam glad to hear that your hoping to take his case back to court to get rid of his life term.. Me and my bf have been thinking about doing the same... its a big process but someone has to do it... Good luck and my best wishes to you and yours
Old 03-17-2011, 05:40 PM

How do you get to go back to court and take the life off your sentence?