Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oklahoma DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 PM

Question Drug offender work camps in Oklahoma?

so my fiance just signed a lil over a week ago, to do a drug offenders work camp and will be released apon completion....... would love to know more about the program and how long he'll be gone.... i'm sooo lost without him and sooo new to this lifestyle, bein in love with a badboy and ridin with him lol....... so any good advise or words of encouragment would be greatly appericiated!!!!! thanks for takin the time to hear my story......
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Miss My Buttercup

I cant really answer that but my baby just found out how long he has. I cried and yelled and screamed but the best thing you can really do is vent and then keep busy time will fly by so fast
Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 PM
ghostsbabygirl

Welcome to PTO! I know nothing about the drug programs. Hopefully, they will have room for him soon since their is a wait list for the prisons with drug programs. If it's court ordered, I believe, DOC tries to make them priority but still depends on space.

I was told all visits will stop at the end of the month until July 1 due to more furloughs and out of money unless they finally get additional funding but hang in there. I wish you the best!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 AM

Drug Offender Work Camp takes a long time. There is a long waiting list. If your man is assigned to Bill Johnson in Alva, they use students from the college there. There is a lot of no shows on the teachers, and weeks go by without another assignment. The scary part is usually judges sentence to completion of program, and you feel like no one really cares and there is not a definite release date to set your goals for. All of the men stay in one room, which is highly aggravating. If one messes up, all 150 cots are also punished. There is a shower in the same room, so the bath and toilet are open for all access, but there is no privacy. I would not like to have to use the bathroom in front of 150 people EVERY time.!! The guards are famous for complete strip searches-
Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 PM

oh boy.... this is all so overwelming!!!!! well he did finally pull chain today actually so he's in LARC. i truly believe this journey of his transformation is in God's hands. however long it takes, i know the day that man comes home, he'll be spiritually changed; a man of God. his spirits are so high and he's actually doin better than me :-( sad huh? he's a very strong person and as he would say.. "i got this mamabear." ughhhhh its been 36 days since i've seen his face..... oh i miss him so much!!!!! please everyone keep us in your prayers that this stays a smooth and fast journey lol i wish. also how do i address his mail, do i put his doc # under his name or the entire address!?!
The Following User Says Thank You to amyfair8 For This Useful Post:
okiegyrl (03-24-2011)