Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation & Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Federal Probation & Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:55 PM

Default Gerald R. Hinzman Center (HWH) Cedar Rapids, IA

I am trying to find out any information on the procedures of this hwh. I have searched online extensively and have ended up empty handed. I am trying to find out what there rules & regulations are. can he be picked up from the county jail where they are holding him (he's fbop) to take him to the hwh or will he be transported there? Once, there how long does he have to stay there before he can go out of the center? What are visitation hours? What property can he have? Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:22 PM

Default did u get any answeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyB71 View Post
I am trying to find out any information on the procedures of this hwh. I have searched online extensively and have ended up empty handed. I am trying to find out what there rules & regulations are. can he be picked up from the county jail where they are holding him (he's fbop) to take him to the hwh or will he be transported there? Once, there how long does he have to stay there before he can go out of the center? What are visitation hours? What property can he have? Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.
I was at this HWH for 3 months they are different for fed and usually the HWH will pick him up in their van. How long he stays depends on his sentence.. if he was just supervised release as soon as he has a residence that is approved and a job they usually will put him on home monitoring pretty quickly. If they judge didnt request him to be placed there for a certain amount of time. The two Fed Councilors there are pretty cool and will work with you. What you can do is call the HWH 319) 398-3668 ask for one of the FED councelers. they can tell you what is correct according to his case. Each are different and depends on crime and sentence. if u have any more queastions let me know. He can bring in his own property shampoo etc can have a TV in his room... most fed men are placed in a dorm style room but alot has changed as that was the new housing for the jail so I dont know how they do it now that its all back to norm there.. but was a dorm room with 12 other fed men...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Club_Fed030 For This Useful Post:
bellisq (02-07-2011), HoneyB71 (02-07-2011)
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM

Red face Center

My husband was thier also, is thier already this post is old but my husband is going back so i know alot about it if you need anything let me know!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 PM

If you need anymore help let me know my husband was thier and going back and he was thier for 6 months the first time and looking at 6 months this time!
The Following User Says Thank You to familyfirst2010 For This Useful Post:
HoneyB71 (05-10-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 02:55 PM

My sister was sentenced to 5 yrs for a class d felony for Dui (or owi, im not sure), anyway, they are transporting her to Hinzman as soon as there is space available. Do you know if, once she completes the program, she will be released? or will she have to go back to prison?