Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Illinois Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 PM

Default What does a "projected release date" mean?

Hey everyone,
My boyfriend is in prison. today we received parol papers in the mail. his project release date isnt until August of this year. what does this mean? is he looking at getting to come home early?!
Thank you in advance,
Samantha
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts

I have never heard of them mailing parole papers home. Usually they will go to the guy and have him sign them.

Is your guy in reception or is he mainlined. He can ask for his release date (sorry I forget the form used for this) and they will be able to give him his EPRD. Was he given a date already and was it later than Aug.?

Wish I could tell you if he was going to get out early or not.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:10 AM

He is in Vienna prison in Illinois. Illinois does not currently have "good time".
i received a paper in the mail askin questions such as, "are there any other felons living in the home", "are there fire arms in the home", " could he live here being on parole", & "can i financially support him until he is capable himself". There were also a few other questions of the sort but i am confused. it says on the paper that they need to know this information for his "project release date". his project release date isnt until August of this year. its only January. Why would i receive these papers so soon? does this mean he is possible just looking at house arrest or something? does this mean he is coming home soon? i have heard you only get these papers when they are looking/starting the process of releasing an inmate.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:00 AM
waiting for my baby

No I got my fiance's papers from field services I July of 2010 and he's not comming home till April of this year, They just do it like this in Illinois. The parole officer came out in December 2 my house so yeah they like 2 get everything ready early.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,838 Times in 1,992 Posts

Like kemo's girl said, the paperwork was just sent out early. He'll still be realeased in August. And congrats on him coming home in a few months.