Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:53 PM

Default Need Glen Helen INROADS Program Info

I am looking for any current information on the Glen Heln INROADS program. Anything you can give. I have been on their site, not much info. I am a detail oriented person and want details. What the program offers, hours involved, anything. I would like to send info to my son who is currently at West Valley and going to Glen Helen. He will be in 6 to 9 months. First offense, "beer run" stole a 12 pack of beer, no extenuating circumstances. Really stuck it to him. He must pay his dues though!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22mom View Post
I am looking for any current information on the Glen Heln INROADS program. Anything you can give. I have been on their site, not much info. I am a detail oriented person and want details. What the program offers, hours involved, anything. I would like to send info to my son who is currently at West Valley and going to Glen Helen. He will be in 6 to 9 months. First offense, "beer run" stole a 12 pack of beer, no extenuating circumstances. Really stuck it to him. He must pay his dues though!
Hey 22mom, Let me take this opportunity to welcome you to PTO. I noticed no one has responded to you yet, so I wanted to let you know usually information is readily shared here IF we have any to share. I'm guessing that the others who have viewed your post are like me, which is to say, we really don't know anything about Glen Helen. I, personally, have never heard of it.

I did do a little PTO search and found this one thread where another mother asked about it in 2009. Maybe you can PM her and ask what she was able to find out? Here's the link to her post.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...en+helen+rehab

Just click on her name and you can send her a private message. Hopefully, she's still a member and will get back to you soon. If you have any other questions or concerns-don't hesitate to ask-we DO want to help IF we can!

PS-I'm sorry about your son. Unfortunately, CA's "justice system" is Stuck on Stupid so they are prone to "Stick It" to whomever they can. I will say, if Glen Helen is a rehab or intervention program & I'm assuming it is-perhaps that's not such a "bad" thing??? Coming from someone whose first time offender got 12 years in a max...

Obviously, the offense was more serious than your son's but still-well, you get the point.

Last edited by 12 years gone; 01-16-2011 at 04:19 AM.. Reason: PS
Old 01-16-2011, 06:22 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,900 Times in 9,928 Posts

also see this
http://www.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/detentions/GHRC.asp

visiting appts
http://www.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/detentions/GHRC.asp

sending mail
Full Inmate Name
Inmate Booking Number
Inmate Housing Location
Glen Helen Rehabilitation Center
PO BOX 9490
San Bernardino CA 92427

There is a nap for that

Last edited by sidewalker; 01-16-2011 at 06:24 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
California_Mom (01-18-2011)
Old 01-16-2011, 09:59 AM

Thank you for the reply. I figured there wasn't much info since I had searched the forum prior to posting. Oh well, I was hoping to send my son some info. Yes, Glen Helen is a Rehabilitation Center so, yes, it will be a good program. I am glad he's going there. He just turned 19 so he will need all of the intervention he can get. You're right about the California Justice System. I never realized until now. I'm sorry about your inmate getting 12 years. I never thought it would be this difficult and mine only has 6 - 9 months. Stay strong!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22mom View Post
Thank you for the reply. I figured there wasn't much info since I had searched the forum prior to posting. Oh well, I was hoping to send my son some info. Yes, Glen Helen is a Rehabilitation Center so, yes, it will be a good program. I am glad he's going there. He just turned 19 so he will need all of the intervention he can get. You're right about the California Justice System. I never realized until now. I'm sorry about your inmate getting 12 years. I never thought it would be this difficult and mine only has 6 - 9 months. Stay strong!
Thanks, ya know, “it is what it is” as the saying goes. Still, I do have my moments. So, I get by with a little help from my PTO friends. Some of my moments consist of wishing I could go back to the days when I didn’t know how bad the justice system really is but then, I’d still be part of the problem that allows it to be so bad. When we know better we do better. Now that you know, please help educate others, so we can all start voting “Smart on Crime.” The entire system is a failure and the harm that it causes is, in itself, criminal.

On the positive side, 6-9 mo will pass before you know it. Hopefully, the time will be well "served."