Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Kentucky Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:39 PM

Default Felony probation/drug court/How much time if violated?

im new here and im in a situation just looking for some answerS SORRY IF THIS IS POSTED IN WRONG PLACE during my trips in and out of the county ive heard many diffrent sayings to my question

situation: im in drug court im sick of it i go to jail for the pettiest things mostly becuase i missed drops failure to produce i cant even pee im not even dirty... i have 4 years all together i was on felony probation violated and caught a new felony did some programs and a paid lawyer and i was giving drug court for my first charge i did 6 months then was probated the 2nd i violated with new case and was givin drug court i did 7 months on this before getting drug court each case i was given 2 years total= 4 now when i get these sanctions in drug court it goes towards my time so now im at 15 months and some change im a class d offender

question?
how much longer do i have
is a state year 7/21 6/21 5/21 or 12 months
im really wanting to get on with my life and get this behind me any help much appriciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2010, 06:51 PM

Angel, you say when you violate you catch new charges...you want to be thru with this...QUIT CATCHING NEW CHARGES! And quit violating. Follow all the rules, if you gotta drink 12 gallons before you go in, do it. The only way to get thru it is to do it. If I'm not mistaken, 23 days kills 1 month but I think that's in, and good time.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:54 PM

i havent caught a new case since drug court ive been changing my life its just i really just want to get it over and know how much time i have left thanks
Old 12-28-2010, 07:08 PM

If I am not mistaken, Drug court is a little different than other courts. If you have 15 months left to serve in probation, I believe on the street, it's day for day. If you have been doing well, you can sometimes make a motion for unsupervised probation. Your best bet would be to ask your PO or your attorney. I'm a little confused by your post..Is 15 months the balance remaining on your sentence (or probation?)

The Following User Says Thank You to foolsjourney For This Useful Post:
etradeetc (12-28-2010)
Old 12-28-2010, 07:12 PM

no i have 15 months in on my total of 4 years
Old 12-28-2010, 07:28 PM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,779 Times in 8,951 Posts

If you violate probation, you can be made to serve the 4 years. I'm on felony probation for five years with one to serve if I violate. So, I can do 4 1/2 years on probation and screw it up = serve one year. However, with class D's, you are eligible for parole after serving only 15 % of the time. Parole is never guarenteed, but you are eligible. foolsjourney gave you the best advice: quit violating, stay clean, no more new charges. Lay low. Also, when you go in for your UI, do not drink an excess of water. That will give you a deluted test, which is the same as a failed UI. I know its hard to pee in front of others (for some folks, I never had that problem), don't look at them, don't think about them, turn the water on in the sink and let your mind go elsewhere. Ya just gotta pee in the cup. You can do it.

Oh. When you have to pee, whistle. Even at home. A neighbor of mine had race horses, which have to pee after a race, so they conditioned the horse to pee when they whistled. Sorta like Pavlov's dogs.....condition yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
etradeetc (12-28-2010)
Old 12-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I'M ON CALL TO BE THERE

In SC when my bf got discharged from drug court he had to serve his entire sentence in full, don't know if it works there, but yeah drug court is no joke. I think the graduation statistics here are really low, with most ending up in prison to serve out time in full. My man ended up with 5 years. Your 4 might be right. Good luck.

"Enough to hold you to the brightest of lights,
to place you dangerously close to that sun,
enough to acknowledge the flaws you can't ignore
and recognize the cause of what's done is done..."
The Following User Says Thank You to CherryPi78 For This Useful Post:
etradeetc (12-28-2010)
Old 12-28-2010, 07:48 PM

all the time i have the 15months all counts towards my 4 years some people say they killed 5years in 36 months other said killed 3 in 18 month so its not full yearsso im thinkin 4 should be around 28-30 this shit is just stressin me out i think im better off just gettin it behighnd
Old 12-28-2010, 07:53 PM

If i'm reading it right, You've done 15 months of the 4 years, you want to know what time you'll have to do if violated? If I am not mistaken, time out doesn't equal time in. Meaning if you violate you might have to do the full ride. You need to ask your PO, or your attorney. Each case is set up differently based on your particular crime, your particular violation, and what was set up in the case of plea bargains. If drug court is more stringent they might have some super strict rules and give you extra time to serve if you violate. Every thing is so confusing on sentences you really need to speak to someone who is familiar with your charges, cases and can give you the right answer. You really should ask yourself would you rather serve 4 years outside, working, trying to make a life. Or behind bars waiting for someone to come see you, write you, or send you a few bucks to get ramen noodles to eat?

Old 12-28-2010, 08:28 PM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Street time counts if you're on parole and go back for a technical violation. But its not the same for probation....you will be sentenced to your origianl sentence minus what ever jail time you had before sentencing. So, 4 years minus the 15 months = 21 months at 15%. You'll be out before you know it But I still think you need to stay clean, suck it up and pee in the cup. They drug test in prison and on parole so get used to it. You'll lose privacy in more ways than that if you go to prison. JMHO
Old 12-28-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Street time counts if you're on parole and go back for a technical violation. But its not the same for probation....you will be sentenced to your origianl sentence minus what ever jail time you had before sentencing. So, 4 years minus the 15 months = 21 months at 15%. You'll be out before you know it But I still think you need to stay clean, suck it up and pee in the cup. They drug test in prison and on parole so get used to it. You'll lose privacy in more ways than that if you go to prison. JMHO

so 7 months and 21 days is not a state year?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:43 PM
PTO Super Moderator

Donation Award 

7 months and 21 days per year is under the old 20% law, it'll be a tad less under the new 15% law.
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
etradeetc (12-28-2010)
Old 12-28-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
7 months and 21 days per year is under the old 20% law, it'll be a tad less under the new 15% law.
so ill have 21 months left..thats before good time?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:32 PM

If you can't pee in a cup in front of people you're kind of out of luck for good time. Popping or failing to take a test in prison will kill the good time pretty quickly. I don't know why you're thinking that the answer is to go down for the remaining time, but it isn't. Just stay clean and jump through the drug court hoops. You'll be much better off in the end that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteShirt For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-07-2011)