Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Georgia prisons.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:10 PM

Default Wilcox State Prison in Abbeville GA

My son is at Wilcox and seems to be doing ok; I would like to find others who have loved ones there to see if I can get more info on what they think about the place. So far visitation has been good, never any problems. I live only 60 miles from there so I visit every Sunday from 1030 -200.....

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2010, 01:33 PM

My husband has been there for around 3 years. He says it is ok but it is still prison. He has not had any major problems while he has been there. He has about a year and a half before his TPM. I live so far away (about 3 hours each way) that I don't visit like I did when he first got there (such a tedious journey). I pray that as he gets closer to getting out that they will move him a bit closer to home. He says the food has improved in the cafe since he got there. He thinks the kitchen staff has changed. He is just putting one foot in front of the other and waiting for daylight.

-Sai Baba
Old 01-26-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJWill View Post
My son is at Wilcox and seems to be doing ok; I would like to find others who have loved ones there to see if I can get more info on what they think about the place. So far visitation has been good, never any problems. I live only 60 miles from there so I visit every Sunday from 1030 -200.....
my husband is there now. He has been there for about a year now. He likes it there he says. He is on outside detail. I have had my fair share of prisons from going to see him on different occasions. This isnt his first trip. This prison seems to be ok but what i dont like about it is the fact that one minute you are allowed to wear something then the next time you come you arent. I guess it all has to do with what officer is working when u go. I go at least one time a month normally on sundays. I cant afford to go every weekend. I live like almost three hours away.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:08 PM
journey started 3-28-11

Smile New to Wilcox

My fiance was just transferred from Burruss Correctional Training Center in Forsyth to Wilcox.

How long will it take until I can receive a call from Wilcox if we were already approved for calls from his prior institution?

How long will we have to wait for visitation if I was already approved at his last institution?

Any tips for visitation at Wilcox?

Thanks!
Katy
Old 08-15-2011, 07:44 PM

Default Sorry......

I am so sorry, I am just now seeing this posst. Hopefully by now you have gotten ur call and a visit. Honestly, since my son has been there we have had no problems. I think it may have been like 3 wks before we saw him and no time at all before the first call. Be careful what you wear when you visit, no shorts, not sleeveless tops, no see thru, and your pants cant be too tight. Expect to wait at least an hour in line to enter and you can't get in between 11 and 1:00. I suggest you go early because the vending machines get empty quick.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtkaty13 View Post
My fiance was just transferred from Burruss Correctional Training Center in Forsyth to Wilcox.

How long will it take until I can receive a call from Wilcox if we were already approved for calls from his prior institution?

How long will we have to wait for visitation if I was already approved at his last institution?

Any tips for visitation at Wilcox?

Thanks!
Katy

The Following User Says Thank You to LJWill For This Useful Post:
vtkaty13 (09-26-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Lonely since 11/4/10

Is this the only thread about Wilcox State?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 PM
journey started 3-28-11

VISITATION info: no ripped jeans or holes in pants, no pictures in visitation room, and for the first time in *8* visits we got some condiments!! woo hoo- gotta celebrate the small stuff...