Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:50 PM

Question Can People On Parole/Probation Live In The Same Place/Socialize Together

Can 2 brothers, one off of parole, one on parole , live with thier mother in the same house? Under what circumstance would they not be able to live together? Both are registrated as sex offenders. (not child molesters) One was registered only because his older brother had sex with a 24 year old girl. who died of an overdose in the middle of the trial. Later cried rape. and one was charged for rape. the other because the judge said that evan though he did not rape, He knew that his brother was going to have sex with the girl and did not try to stop his brother from going with the girl to have sex.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2010, 09:14 PM

Thanked 2,483 Times in 1,122 Posts

Yes they can live in the same house unless the court or parole makes an order that they can't, and for them to prohibit them from living together they would have to have a good reason.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Default in parole and probation living together

Hello to all, I have a question I am currently in formal probation and my boyfriend is currently incarcerated in chino for a parole violation we are planning to move in together when he gets out ...my question is would we be violating parole/probation by living in the same place as felons ?
Old 01-04-2011, 04:18 AM
His Everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagegladiator View Post
Hello to all, I have a question I am currently in formal probation and my boyfriend is currently incarcerated in chino for a parole violation we are planning to move in together when he gets out ...my question is would we be violating parole/probation by living in the same place as felons ?

You two should be fine! But sometimes, parole/probabtion officers get wild hairs up their noses and it gets all crazy! I would call his parole officer and make sure!

I was on "informal probation" with the DMV for having to many points on my record because of car accidents and tickets. I also had a FTA and FTP which I had to get cleared up to visit him, but I was still technically on "informal probation" with the DMV and it was never a problem with him and I living together, but we were husband and wife. You can always look at your plea agreement/condtions for informal probation it might say something about it! But from my experience with parole as well as working in the courts, the problem comes in when you it's two felons together! Your best bet is to check with his parole officer or any parole officer that can pull up his information and let you know!
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. -Lamentations 3:22,23

Happy New Morning! Screw the New Year! I take it day by day, and every new morning is worth celebrating!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kissesprincess2 For This Useful Post:
cagegladiator (01-12-2011), CrazyMailMan (01-10-2011)
Old 01-08-2011, 12:37 AM
He's HOME! Sweet it is!

Thanked 1,993 Times in 879 Posts
Default Family members on parole, can they socialize together?

I understand that people on parole are not supposed to be fraternizing with each other, but what if one of them is a family member, and they are together at a family function? I know I'll find out more once my husband gets his parole orders but I just thought of this as his cousin was released from prison today. My husband will be high control if that makes any difference and his cousin WAS NOT in a gang.

Thanks!
You're the proof of when they say
You never know what's gonna be
Old 01-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts

I know in the past I have heard that they violated someone for being a family function that a known gang memeber was cause the person was also a known gang member. I am really not sure how it would work if gangs were not involved. I would say the best thing to do is talk to the PO when he goes to check in after release. Since he will be on high control he will have more conditions than just someone on regular parole. Also all parole agents are different so you can not really go by what someone will say cause his PO might do things differently. If I was you I would start making a list of questions for the PO and bring them when he checks in and get the answer straight from the horses mouth.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,737 Times in 711 Posts

The standard parole conditions do prohibit felons from hanging out together. However, in my experience, this is not enforced in California. However, the condition about associating with known gang members is enforced. I have personally been pulled over, while on parole, and there were other parolees present. There was no problem. Also, I have lived in sober living homes where we were all parolees...again, no problem. If it has to do with family, the best bet is to ask the parole agent...better safe than sorry when dealing with CDCR.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMailMan View Post
The standard parole conditions do prohibit felons from hanging out together. However, in my experience, this is not enforced in California. However, the condition about associating with known gang members is enforced. I have personally been pulled over, while on parole, and there were other parolees present. There was no problem. Also, I have lived in sober living homes where we were all parolees...again, no problem. If it has to do with family, the best bet is to ask the parole agent...better safe than sorry when dealing with CDCR.
There is NO rule in California that prohibits felons from hanging out together. That was challenged in court and overturned several years ago. They can make a rule prohibiting hanging around with members of a specific gang, but that is somewhat different.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sleepy For This Useful Post:
CrazyMailMan (01-12-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,737 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There is NO rule in California that prohibits felons from hanging out together. That was challenged in court and overturned several years ago. They can make a rule prohibiting hanging around with members of a specific gang, but that is somewhat different.
You are right! I was wrong. I had to dig through my paperwork and look at my parole conditions again. I know it used to be a condition, but it is not anymore. Thank you for the correction.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMailMan View Post
You are right! I was wrong. I had to dig through my paperwork and look at my parole conditions again. I know it used to be a condition, but it is not anymore. Thank you for the correction.
Most people are not aware that it has changed. It was found by the court to be too broad, and that in most cases it had no 'nexus' to the conviction offense
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sleepy For This Useful Post:
CrazyMailMan (01-13-2011), tobyjean (01-21-2011)