Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Connecticut Member Introductions Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Connecticut prison system.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:17 PM

Default Hi

Hello and thank you. I am trying to find out if a male is found guilty of a felony in Litchfield Superior Court is he automatically sentenced to Bridgeport CC? If he is from Hartford County is this taken into consideration? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2010, 06:34 AM

if he has been sentenced he could be taken to Walker for assessment and then will be placed into a facility

Old 12-02-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJGTWH View Post
Hello and thank you. I am trying to find out if a male is found guilty of a felony in Litchfield Superior Court is he automatically sentenced to Bridgeport CC? If he is from Hartford County is this taken into consideration? Thank you
I am not certain which county jail he'll start in, but I believe that from Litchfield it is either Bridgeport or New Haven. It's not always the same pattern for everyone, but the usual process is to start in a county jail for a short time, then to Walker for assessment (which notmychkurchk pointed out above - and was absolutely correct about), then to a regular state jail. A lot will depend on the level of the felony (classes A, B, C, or D), and whether or not DOC determines if it is a "violent" or "non-violent" crime (they have their own set of rules). You should be able to locate him fairly quickly once he's in using this web site.

In general, especially if this is his first time in jail, once he reaches the county jail he'll need to put together his phone list (so he can call home) and his visitor's list, both of which he'll do through the unit counselor. That can take a few days (maybe a few weeks) to get together. Probably the best bet to communicate with him when he's first in is by mail - you can get the address of the facility here (be sure to use his inmate number when mailing).

The phone list is a form he fills out and then turns in - it has to go through a security review process and then the numbers are entered into the system. He'll get a PIN and then be able to call (if he has trouble tell him that when he enters his PIN into the phone he first must put in his inmate number, then the PIN, then press "#").

For visitors he'll need to get a form sent to each person he wants on the list. They have to fill it out and send it back. Each person goes through a security review. Be aware that anyone with a conviction on their record will be turned down for visiting privileges at first - they will need to then go through the facility's warden to get permission to be placed on the visitor's list.

OK...well, I know I didn't answer your first question, but I hope this information helps.

BRRRRRRT!!

A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in on the experience.
- Elbert Hubbard
Old 12-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,722 Times in 1,646 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 12-04-2010, 07:10 PM

Default New Information

I just talked to a friend of mine who was sentenced out of the Litchfield Court. He tells me that you start in the New Haven county jail on Whaley Avenue when coming out of that court. Hope that helps.

BRRRRRRT!!

A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in on the experience.
- Elbert Hubbard
Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM

well everyone else already answered your question but welcome any way. we are all here to help in any way we can.