Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison Profiles > Garden State Youth Correctional Facility
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Garden State Youth Correctional Facility Discussions and information relevant to the NJ Garden State Youth Correctional Facility

Old 11-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,641 Posts
Default Welcome to GYCF - Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Welcome to GYCF - Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to bean123 For This Useful Post:
Shortex018 (11-25-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 01:02 PM

My name is April, Hubby's been @ GYCF since July of 2010...about 6 months in and possibly another 6 to go! I'm still pretty much a newbie here, learning as I go along! Under these circumstances I couldn't imagine a better group of informative ppl to be around! It is what it is & we are making the most of this bad situation...
Old 11-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,174 Posts

hello Helene welcome to PTO and to the Jersey Forums!! I hope you will be very comfortable here!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:50 AM
His Heart

Hello im Jenyl my teddi bear is currently still in craf but once a bed opens up he will be moved to GSYCF. im fairly new. ive been reading threads and post since he's been in county... ill b here quite a while being as though his max yr is 2021.. but im preparing myself for thisjourney.. i see there is a large support group here and am glad to be apart of it..... :-)
Old 12-01-2010, 11:15 AM

Hi - my name is Sue - my son was just sentenced about 2 hrs. ago and will be going to Yardville - this is all so new to me - he's only been in county & two rehabs - so the state prison thing is pretty scary to me (and probably him as well). It's especially difficult with the holidays coming up. Thank you in advance for any updated info you might have!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,174 Posts

Welcome all of you to GSCF and the NJ forums. Please feel free to post throughout PTO. We have many wonderful people here.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:51 PM

Default Hello everyone

I'm not BRAND new to PTO but still getting a hang of things and getting around to the threads . I'm 22yrs old and my bf has been down for almost two years now and will not be home til 2014 . I am doing my best to keep writing him , send pictures , and lyrics ... now he wants books .

***(BF = best friend)

My bf has been moved from AC Wagner back to Yardville , but I have no clue how G.S.Y.C.F. works . How are the visits ? What can we sent them there ?

I'm going to take the time to read a lot of the other threads here to see what I can find out , but specifically , if anyone can help me with a site I can order him books from I would greatly appreciate that . (and how would I go about ordering them)
Old 03-02-2012, 06:35 PM

You can send him books from barnes and noble and amazon. You can't send them yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to trosa For This Useful Post:
holdhimdown119 (03-30-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM

Default Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofanaddict View Post
Hi - my name is Sue - my son was just sentenced about 2 hrs. ago and will be going to Yardville - this is all so new to me - he's only been in county & two rehabs - so the state prison thing is pretty scary to me (and probably him as well). It's especially difficult with the holidays coming up. Thank you in advance for any updated info you might have!

Hi,
I am so new to this and my fiance is in the same place.
How is it visiting there?

I would appreciate anyone who can if you can't to help me feel comfortable about where he is going. My fiance is presently at CRAF and is about to go to GSTYF.

What is different about this State prison from the rest?

I look forward to your response.

Have a blessed day and God bless you
Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 PM

Hii All Im New to Thiss ! & ofcourse I have some questions .. My boyfriend been in GYCF for like a week and a half .. I want to know what # I can call to make sure I could go visit him this sunday.. & are jeans allowed to wear ? How bout calls ? He cant call my cellphone ?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylitah View Post
Hii All Im New to Thiss ! & ofcourse I have some questions .. My boyfriend been in GYCF for like a week and a half .. I want to know what # I can call to make sure I could go visit him this sunday.. & are jeans allowed to wear ? How bout calls ? He cant call my cellphone ?

the number is 6092986300 you can wear jeans and no he cannot call cell phones it has to be a landline
Keylitah (12-16-2012)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Vivi

Default Intro

Hello All,

My name's Vina. The love of my life got revoked on parole violation. Huge disappointment, and life sucks without him. He was at Monmouth County Jail for only two days, then at CRAF for the past 2 months since January 16th. Now he's at GYCF. This really sucks! He didn't even do anything wrong. He's revoked due to a failure to report, however his p.o. admitted to rescheduling. He sent me the court documents so I would believe him. In there the parole officer admitted to rescheduling his day to report. He got arrested anyway. Such b.s.

Just looking for a community to talk and ask questions with, because it seems when you're a "prison wife" or "prison girlfriend" everyone looks at you like, "he deserves it" or "you should have picked someone smarter". Now it will be a long 14 months just waiting for my soul mate to get out.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:36 PM

I am sorry to hear about your situation & what your man is going thru. My man is at GSCF for another 12 months. He has been going since 2010 & let me tell you that you will get through these tough days! Are you able to go and visit him? If so I highly recommend Saturday PM visits as Sundays are so busy. If you need any tips on rules, regulations for visits just let me know. As far as people talking about you or your man, everyone has skeltons in there closet & you keep that chin held high. Everything happens for a reason & it will all work itself out...
Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 PM

Default new ... brother transferred to gycf

Hey. I'm new to this but seems like a very informative site. My younger brother was just transferred to gycf a few weeks ago. Any information is helpful.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 PM

Default Do you know?

Hi all.. If anyone knows this info it's greatly appreciated... My boo been locked up since 2011.. He was denied parole in 2012 but was sent to a halfway house.. He violated by coming back late from his 3 hour time he had out each day... So they sent him back to yardville...now it's 2013 and parole is coming up again.. Do u think he would be approved? even tho he violated? They still are going to let him have his parole hearing. They said they wouldn't hold it against him but you never know. If he was still at the halfway house there is no doubt that he would parole this year... But now I'm unsure. Any help?
Old 05-02-2013, 12:58 PM

Red face Isn't Kansas anymore...

Hi everyone! My name is Danielle and one of my friends I grew up with is serving 25-life at Salinas Valley State Prison. I am very close with his family. The only way I know how to describe having a loved one incarcerated is it's like watching a vortex of black energy suck them in. It feels powerless, frustrating, infuriating, and stressful. There are too many people that I know that give themselves permission to regard an inmate as less than an animal. As heinous as their crimes might be they are human beings that should be treated as such. A prison term is about justice; not revenge. My friend has had quite a few struggles during his time there and the information on his well being and how we can help squeaked out at a snails pace. I'm hoping this forum will enlighten me on different options of how to track his health and wellness. I'm at a loss and any advice would be helpful.
Thank you,
Danielle
Old 06-14-2013, 12:14 PM

Question GYCF hello PrisonTalk

Hello im Stacie Rivera Better know as Stacie Irizarry lol anyway my fiance just got transferred to GYCF about a week ago. now my question is he is putting me on his visit list so i will be able to go and visit him, Do i have to call to make a visit or what, is it like county where you have to call to make a visit or as long as you are on the list you just go for the times they have please let me know so i can do what i have to, to see my batman
Old 06-22-2013, 09:35 PM

Unhappy hi :)

I'm new here my fiance just got transferred to GYCF from CRAF last week, Just wanna know, how is everything there? visits? calls? etc. any info will be nice thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 PM

Hello Everyone, I am new here my fiancee is in CRAF and I found out today that he will be transferred to GYCF. Thank you for all your posts and information.

Alex
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM

Hello! My name is Emiley and my boyfriend/father to my daughter has been in GYCF since 6/21/13. He got sentenced to a 5 flat on an assault charge plus a few other minor charges. He is eligible for ISP and has his court date this Monday 11/4! I am PRAYING that he gets released!

Last edited by LancesGirl905; 10-30-2013 at 07:58 PM..