Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pennsylvania Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Pennsylvania prisons.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:01 AM

Default Finally good news, leaves for Renewal on November 29thhttp://www.prisontalk.com/forum

Hello everyone, my guy got some good news, he is to go to a halfway house on November 29th at Renewal Center in Pittsburgh. Originally it was scheduled for December 15th but his counselor told him yesterday that he is to go on the 29th...20 DAYS and I get to pick him up and take him there. It would have been great news if he was coming to the one in Johnstown where I live, but we will take what we can get!!! We are just hoping that he can be in Pittsburgh for awhile and then transferred to Johnstown. This is the best christmas present I could have asked for, plus his birthday is December 9th!! If anyone has information about Renewal I would greatly appreciate it, everyone on here are the best!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 04:02 AM

Default Renewal Center, Pittsburgh

If anyone has any information on Renewal Center in Pittsburgh I would greatly appreciate it, such as visiting, time away from the center, etc. Thanks everyone!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
IN GOD"S TIME

Default Congrats!

Hi. I dont no anything about Renewal, but my Husband has been in the Pittsburgh prison since '08 and now is in a CCC in pittsburgh. It's not that bad. Better than prison!!!!!! Anyways, he's been there for about 6 months and has 6 months to go. He should be seeing the parole board shortly after the first of the year. I am ready for him to come back home!!!! I enjoy the time we spend together, ALONE, IN PRIVATE< when I go visit!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
IN GOD"S TIME

Default question

Hi Again,
My husband is eligible for furloughs, but can't get them because I don't live there and I fly out once a month to see him ( when traveling alone) but with kids and other family we drive, but because you can't furlough to a hotel he's not allowed to stay, but gets like 15 hours passes the entire weekend. I usually get a nice upper class hotel with all the trimmings,in door pool, hot tube, work-out center, room service, free breakfast, etc... so that we are living in paradise while we are together. I just have to send them my hotel and flight intinerary about a week before and we set. It's exciting! I don't know how all the centers do but that's we we get. If he had family there or if I lived there and had a physical address then he could stay all night, but of course they would send someone out to check the address out first for approval. Good luck!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:53 AM

Thank you. I live 1.5 hours away from Renewal, have lived here for 41 years of my entire life. I have heard some very negative things, like they are not allowed to leave the center. We have never dealt with this, so it is all still new. I was use to SCI Albion, so I guess I am the one who got into a comfort zone, lol. Just hoping we can get into a routine here also, his minimum is March of 2011, so it will not be for that long.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
IN GOD"S TIME

Default Question

With his min. being in March he should have seen parole by now or getting ready to within the next month or so. I don't understand why they waited so long to put him into a halfway house? You usually see the board about 3 or 4 months before your min. I know my hubby gets out in June and when I spoke to someone about the board they told me he should be seeing the bourd between March and April beacuse I heard it takes awhile sometimes for you to get an anwers back, sometimes a few months and that could prolong your actual date. Good Luck! and enjoy your time together!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:33 AM

He is scheduled to see the board on November 15th. Honestly, and I mean no disrespect, but his counselor at SCI Albion was reluctant to do the paperwork for a HWH. He had to practically beg her to do it and she finally did start it in June, after I finally called my state representative to see what could be done. When he saw his pre-parole person, there were so many errors in his paperwork, and we are wondering if that is why he has to go to Renewal instead of the one that is in Johnstown where we live. I talked to someone at Regional III office, and was told because of some "codes" he was not eligible for Johnstown, the man from Regional III said that parole is going to want him to do other classes. Now his pre-parole person told him that she could not see what classes they could possibly want him to take, as he will be finished with TC, VP and took voluntary classes just to keep busy while serving his time. He finishes the TC class today, woo hoo, but even the man who runs the TC told my guy he would graduate him early if he had a bed date prior to the completion. The same guy even went in and talked to the counselor to see if he could somehow get him into Johnstown's HWH, but to no avail. So now we are going to deal with this, hopefully the counselors at Renewal are better help, and he can be transferred to Johnstown's soon.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:12 PM

my fiance was in renewal for awhile. He had to do drug and alcohol programs , go out and find a job etc. He could only leave to look for work and go to work. They keep 20% of income. There was people getting taken out of there all the time for drugs. Could never get to use the couple of phones they had there because there was no limit on # of calls you could make. If you had enough quarters you could stay on the phone all day and no one else got to use it. We talked much more from prison than at renewal. The guards were not much and the inmates basically ran the place. Sorry about all the negitive things about the place but we were not very pleased with renewal. Hope its a better experience for you.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missi1969 View Post
my fiance was in renewal for awhile. He had to do drug and alcohol programs , go out and find a job etc. He could only leave to look for work and go to work. They keep 20% of income. There was people getting taken out of there all the time for drugs. Could never get to use the couple of phones they had there because there was no limit on # of calls you could make. If you had enough quarters you could stay on the phone all day and no one else got to use it. We talked much more from prison than at renewal. The guards were not much and the inmates basically ran the place. Sorry about all the negitive things about the place but we were not very pleased with renewal. Hope its a better experience for you.
Honey I totally agree with you here!!!! Mine will be leaving Renewal tomorrow for Johnstown CCC!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:38 AM

If anyone have some fresh info about renewal please contact me.