Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Connally Prison Unit
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 06:16 AM

Angry Pictures at Connally TX Prison Unit

I was at this unit two weekends ago to see my son. I paid for three pictures to be taken with him. i am African-American but not dark colored. Our pictures came out so dark, we could not see who was on the picture. i noticed the mexican and white inmates that had their pictures taken, came out ok, because of the color of their skin. I complained to the lady that took the pictures and she agreed that the pictures were terriable, but said she could not do anything about it (per instructions from the Warden). They have changed the site where the pictures are taken, to a very dark area on the inside of the visitation room. In the past we used to be able to go outside in the sunlight to have pictures taken. Not so now, unless you elect to sit outside for entire visit. I called the wardens office and talked to his Secretary and explained the problem to her because she said the Warden was not in. I went back this past weekend, and nothing has changed.
I talked to other People of color like me while I was there and asked them why they did not complain about this , and i was told that they had and nothing was changed. And they say the money go to charity? WRONG!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2010, 06:25 PM

We are both white and our pictures have come out dark too. They are better if taken outside. The last time I had them take them kind of close, took them to Walmart and cropped and lightened them and they look better, not great but better. Plus this last time, the guy actually used the flash and it was better. Try taking them to walmart and playing around with them, I did and it was better. my hubby has been at that unit for over 10 years and they've almost always taken them in that corner except if you sit outside.

Last edited by luvinhim24/7; 11-08-2010 at 06:26 PM..
Old 11-09-2010, 06:59 AM

Do they still take pictures only during the first weekend of the month?

Old 11-09-2010, 05:39 PM

I think so.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:26 AM

I got some pics outside this passed weekend and they turned out great from what I hgeard I though they we're goin to be HORRIBLE but far from it
Old 11-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Thats good to hear! Im going the first weekend of Dec and I would like to have some pictures! My husband and I dont have any together and this will also be our first official contact visit since we are now married! Super stoked!

Old 11-12-2010, 04:03 AM

Awww good luck and congrats! I just had my first contact visit well first visit also woth him since he's been in he is sooo far away it was great tho the guards turned their heads A LOT for us lol we kisssed and touched thru out the visits hehe
Old 11-12-2010, 04:14 PM

The first weekend we took pictures inside and the pictures were terriable. The next weekend we asked to sit outside, because you take your pictures where you sit, (inside or outside). The pictures taken outside with the flash were, much, much better.
They really need to use some of the money they charge for pictures, to buy an updated digital camera, and get rid of that outdated Kodak camera.

It is also very sad that pictures are only taken at the first of the month. A lot of family cannot make it there at the first of the month, and would like pictures.
wHAT DO YOU THINK?

Last edited by nurseyancey; 11-12-2010 at 04:17 PM..
Old 11-12-2010, 04:22 PM

Exclamation Pictures at Connally Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseyancey View Post
The first weekend we took pictures inside and the pictures were terriable. The next weekend we asked to sit outside, because you take your pictures where you sit, (inside or outside). The pictures taken outside with the flash were, much, much better.
They really need to use some of the money they charge for pictures, to buy an updated digital camera, and get rid of that outdated Kodak camera.

It is also very sad that pictures are only taken at the first of the month. A lot of family cannot make it there at the first of the month, and would like pictures.

I only am able to make two visits a year to see my son , so I try to make it the last and first of the month. I look forward to taking pictures with him and pray he will be coming home after Jan, 2011.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
God Bless all of our parents with incarcarated children
Old 12-09-2010, 12:47 PM

I went to visit this weekend and was a bit annoyed bc we couldnt hug or have a good pose for our pictures..All we could do was just stand there and smile.. It was super lame. other units allow you to hug your loved one. I wonder why this unit is so different in many ways.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 PM

Because a couple of months ago, an inmate and his wife tried to feel each other up during the pictures. They let me put my arms around my husband and one time they let me lean against him but that was it. If people would just follow the rules it would make it easier for everyone.

Last edited by luvinhim24/7; 12-09-2010 at 04:17 PM..