Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Travel & Vacation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 10:33 PM

Default Don't want to lose Frequent Flyer Miles...

Hi All -- so we are at 21 months and 3 1/2 years to go. I'm hanging on and hanging in. Trying not to have to let go of anything else, now i find my guy has about 156,000 frequent flyer miles and i don't want to lose them! Seems they will 'expire' if he doesnt fly by 2012... they have alot of value and they are in his name. They also charge to 'gift them' to someone else, so moving 50,000 miles would cost $500. Not happening!

Does anyone know of any way if can hold onto them? I know i've got much bigger fish to fry, but we've lost so much already, i'm clinging to anything that could still remain intact in his absence. Can't change that our son will be grown and gone by the time he comes home. No control over much of this, just myself.

Thanks for your thoughts or suggestions....Can't wait til we can fly somewhere and wiggle our toes in the sand, and a free ticket would be great and much needed by then.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 10:43 PM

if you have his ff# and password...you can access his account and buy a ticket under any name...i have a woman that house and pet sits for me when i travel...not too long ago she wanted to visit a cousin in another state...i bought her ticket with my united miles and paid a 5.00 fee...

southwest gives a 13 digit number per free segment...i can buy a ticket for whoever i wish with that free flight number

my company is flying all of us to florida to go on a cruise and paid for all of our tickets with the owners ff miles

you don't have to gift the miles to someone...you can purchase a ticket with the miles for someone...

miles now also equal $$ for shopping...united has an online gift shop...i can spend my miles however i wish

my son just received a notice that his very small amount of 2700 miles were about to expire and that he could buy magazine subscriptions if he wants before they expire