Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison & UCMJ > Military Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Military Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all military prisons.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:51 PM
One Day At A Time

Default Any recent news about USDB?

I haven't heard from my son in a couple of weeks and am wondering if there is a lockdown? Has anyone heard anything? If so, please let us know. Snail mail is just too damn slow for some issues!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2010, 10:01 PM

Default changes?

is there any changes due to the fact of an inmate, and great friend , that has passed on while at the db?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchitoshome View Post
is there any changes due to the fact of an inmate, and great friend , that has passed on while at the db?
If I am reading between the lines, I am so sorry for you loss and pain
Old 11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
One Day At A Time

Exclamation

Panchito,

I think that was investigated and charges pending? Perhaps not, or maybe there were "after-shocks". If that is the case, it might explain why I haven't heard from my son in over a month. I certainly hope not. If anyone knows anything about anything recently at the DB, please post, or PM me. Thanks!!

Last edited by DeNada; 11-08-2010 at 07:40 PM..
Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 PM
One Day At A Time

OK I just need to take a deep breath and quit imagining the worst. I've heard from my son and there is "nothing" going on at the DB. At least, that was his explanation for why I haven't heard from him...something along the lines of "same stuff, different day" and nothing to write about. Hmph! Just thought I'd let everyone know that life is "per usual" at the DB. Don't mind me and my "mother's worst" imagination!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:39 AM

Default imagination

Hi All,
DeNada, you're not alone when it comes to imaginary worse case scenarios. I think my greatest challenge in dealing with my son's situation has been my imagination. It's amazing how a full blown crisis can pop into my mind in an instant, based on nothing but a lack of communication. Especially when I'm driving, for some reason. My process for dealing with this is to recognize that there is nothing I can do, (whatever has happened has already happened) and that the healthiest thing I can do, is stay in the present. The past is a canceled check, and the future is anybody's guess. This isn't easy, must be done often, but does work for me. One thing I have found is that with repetition I am quicker to catch myself before going off the deep end into depression or panic. The book, "The Power of Now" by Eckert Tolle, has helped me with this process. I could go on but it would just make me sadder than I already am about it all. I do now have a much greater compassion for all those families/friends whose lives are so impacted by having their loved ones in this situation.
Take care, and Blessings to all.
Kafor
Old 11-17-2010, 06:31 PM
One Day At A Time

Kafor,
Thank you for your very kind words of support and encouragement. Every once in a while, the frustration just boils over without warning. I learned long ago to accept my son's sentence and just look to the future every day. I encourage him to do the same and hope that it helps. Since I am also a Public Defender in a city that offers nothing but job security, I learned that my client's facts are not my facts, and it is my job to help them through the legal system with the best resolution possible. I just substitute my son for a client and I'm good. For a while, then "maniac mom" is back. I wonder if they make a pill for that, too? At any rate, we're all in this trip together and here's where we find fellow traveler's with information, support and understanding - a rarity in this world anymore. Thank you, again, and Keep the Faith!
The Following User Says Thank You to DeNada For This Useful Post:
Bizeboo (11-23-2010)
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizeboo View Post
If I am reading between the lines, I am so sorry for you loss and pain
thanks
Old 11-25-2010, 04:16 PM

my husband is in the USDB since sept 2010, and i just gotten a call this morning from him and there isn't anything going on there.

i imaged the worst when i do not hear from my hubby and i got insane at home.

best of luck to all!

"God gave us two ears to hear, two eyes to see and two hands to hold. But why did God give us only one heart? Because he wants us to find the other one. I found mines. I ♥ my hubby!"