Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prisons & Jails > Michigan Region I - East Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Michigan Region I - East Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Camp Koehler CF, Camp Lehman CF, Chippewa CF, Hiawatha CF, Kinross CF, Newberry CF, Oaks CF, Pugsley CF, Saginaw CF, Standish Maximum CF, Straits CF

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Default Saginaw Correctinal Facility

Saginaw Correctional Facility

Warden Jan Trombley
9625 Pierce Road
Freeland Michigan 48623

Phone:
(989) 695-9880

Security Levels - I, II, IV

Visiting Days/Hours: Level I - Monday-Friday 2:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Saturday & Sunday 8:30 am to 9:30 pm.
Level II - Sunday - 8:30 am to 9 pm. Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 2:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
Level IV - Saturday 8:30 am to 9 pm. Tuesday, Thursday - 2:30 pm to 9:00 pm

Visitation must be approved thru the MDOC. Please see the Michigan forum for Visiting Information in Michigan Prisons.

Mail - Letters, legal mail. Printed materials must be no more than 5 pages.

Money must be sent in the form of a money order or cashier’s check. You can sent this in a regular letter to your inmate..the mail room will process the money order and stamp his envelope, giving him notification that a money order was enclosed. You can also leave money orders in a secure box in the lobby at the prison.

Count time - 11:05 am, 4:05 pm, Shift change is at 2 pm.

Accommodation in the area - there is no longer a motel in Freeland. There’s a Super-8 near the airport which is just a couple of miles from the prison and there’s lots of motels and shopping in Saginaw.

Directions: From I-75 - Take 675 North, get off on Tittabawasee (left). Go about 6 miles to Midland Road, turn right and about 2 miles down is Pierce Road. It only goes right. The prison is ½ mile down on the right
I visit Level II
When you go in to visit there will be "visiting passes" on the counter, take one and have a seat. They will call your number. Do NOT sign the visiting log until the officer processes you. You will need your auto’s license plate # to put it on the log. If you notice that the officer is not processing anyone... politely ask at the counter... there’s a couple of jerks who work the desk and won’t call you because they are busy socializing, but MOST are very good about processing visits. On a whole, MOST of the officers in the visiting area are very nice, police and respectful. They are always wary of "newbies" but once they get to know you and realize that you aren’t being sneaky about touching, etc.... they will relax and let you enjoy your visits without you feeling they are specifically watching YOU. At Saginaw you can use your own "bag" for change,I used zip lock keys and ID as long as its see thru. Otherwise they will give you a baggie. Every thing else has to be put in a locker. The lockers are a quarter - but you get it back when you leave.

Once your loved one gets up to the visiting room, they will call you in... the metal detector is just inside the gates. If you are wearing lots of metal you will set it off... A lot of times its either a belt or your shoes that set it off... Walk thru quickly and don’t touch the sides. You will then go into the "shakedown" room. Put your money, ID and Locker key on the blue counter and have a seat. Take off shoes and socks. Once they inspect your money, etc, they will shake you down, and they do it thoroughly at Saginaw, including opening your mouth and lifting your tongue they ask you to do this some times first but not always . they also ask you to shake out your hair if its long and loose.

They are sometimes strict about taking in more than $15, sometimes not so its best to stick to the $15 or as close as you can There’s 1 pop machine, 2 sandwich machines, 1 for coffee/tea/hot chocolate and 2 junk food machines. The prices are pretty reasonable! Your loved one can go to the vending machines (with permission) but they can’t handle the money.. The photo tickets are $2.00 and you can buy them in the lobby and in the visitation room.

STAFFING: 362, of which 215 are corrections officers

If you have other information about Saginaw Correctional Facility, please PM mrsdragon with your information so it may be added to this thread.

If you have questions, please start a thread and ask away! We will try to answer as best we can.

updated done by babytaz8679

Last edited by mabear; 10-01-2007 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: updated
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread