Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Lost in the System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Lost in the System Are you having problems locating someone in jail or prison? Place your missing person ad in this forum, as well as find out what resources & techniques others are using to find loved ones in the system.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:01 PM
LSI1600

Default How do you find out what their inmate number is?

Hello. My hubby is not lost yet! But has been sentenced already. We are expecting him to get bumped to federal any day. I know he will be unable to contact us during the bumping and processing portion, but I know there is an inmate finder. My question is, how do those of us on the outside find this out, or do we just have to wait and hope they can contact us to tell us, or what? I'm probably makin more of this than I should, but I'm worried about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSI1600 View Post
Hello. My hubby is not lost yet! But has been sentenced already. We are expecting him to get bumped to federal any day. I know he will be unable to contact us during the bumping and processing portion, but I know there is an inmate finder. My question is, how do those of us on the outside find this out, or do we just have to wait and hope they can contact us to tell us, or what? I'm probably makin more of this than I should, but I'm worried about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PM me his name and I'll help.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Loving Wife

with the federal system is just a waiting game. but as soon as he is in the system you can locate him through the bop inmate locator. http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp while he is being transfered it will say in transit just keep checking daily. or hourly like i did and as soon as he reaches his facility it will say which one they moved him to. as for my husband when he moved it took him a few days to get to where he was going and he stopped at two county jails. i found him there thru www.vinelink.com
Old 09-22-2010, 12:23 PM

He's still in county jail, as you know....but, you have the www.bop.gov link that I PM'd you and that abigail posted so just be patient, he'll be in the system soon. Let us know if you need anything else.