Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:30 PM

Default I'm sooo scared, someone please tell me what the think will happen

Hi, my husband is being charged with: Felony possession of meth 3G, theft movable property Felony H, Possession of short barrell shotgun Felony H, Possession of silencer Felony H, Felon in possession of firearms Felony G, Possession of drug paraphanelia, and possibly a robbery not sure yet. All this stemmed from a angry friend who called the cops and said that my husband had a stolen motorcycle (which was untrue). Police got warrant to search garage and found a pipe. Then got warrant to search house where the rest was found. They found I believe 7 guns. I believe at least one was fully auto. And they may be stolen.

His 1st felony came at age 17 for aggr. robbery. Did 4 years. Hasnt really been in trouble since. He is now 31 and a father of 4....
Can someone plz tell me what he's lookin at? I am so very scared right now!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 03:26 PM
The Ex

Scaredwife77,

First off welcome to PTO.Sorry that you have to be in this situation that so many of us are in.. As for you question, his time he is facing really will vary, and its hard to perdict what he will recieve..Hell my man just got sentenced 4 years in..6 years probation on non-payment of child support so it hard to say..it depends on his lawyer, the judge, and the DA recommendation..but good luck to you and your family and keep in touch.
"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do this because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." -The Notebook

Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 PM

Thank you so much. This just feels like a terrible nightmare right now. He isn't even in custody yet and my whole world seems like its falling apart. I don't know if I'm gonna be strong enough to make it through this. It's only been 5 days and I'm already a mess. I can't even begin to imagine what he must be feeling.

We have been together for 6 yrs. Married for 5. He is a wonderful, kind hearted person. He is not evil. He is a wonderful father. And everyone he meets loves him. We seperated in February and that's when he went downhill. Last Thursday we had made plans for him to come back home so we could start our lives over. And that day the place he was stayin at got raided......If he had only left there one day sooner this would not be happening. He would be here and not involved in any kind of activities that would land him where he's headed.

i just can't wrap my head around this. I feel like as soon as I hear the sentence, I'm going to be locked up as well. Only my room will be white and very nicely padded. How do I stay strong? For him & our family?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Donation Award 

Hi ScaredWife and welcome to PTO. You took a great step by joining this community so you know that you are not alone.

Take a deep breath because right now your life was just turned upside down. Take the time you need to fall apart, cry, scream whatever you have to do to release your feelings. It's healthy to just get it all out.

Right now you are facing a lot of unknowns and unfortunately it may be awhile before you and he begin to find out what his faith is going to be. The process is long. Once things begin to unfold believe it or not it will get easier. I don't mean easy in the sense that you won't miss him, need him and all of that but easier in the sense that you will begin to learn how to incorporate this situation into your life and build a routine around it.

You are going to have to be the strong one. Strong so that you can make it through your days. Strong for your family and strong for him. It's a lot to ask of anyone person but it sounds like you love him very much and that is where you will find the underlying strength to get through this.

Don't torture yourself with ....if he only came here a day earlier... because you'll only end up tearing yourself apart.

I'll be praying for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to aka For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-16-2010)
Old 09-14-2010, 03:45 PM

scaredwife77, sorry that you and your kids have to go through this; as was said above you came to the right place for support, advice and people going through the same thing.

also sorry to say it looks like your husband may be doing some serious time. best to prepare yourself mentally for that, so you can be strong for him and your kids.

good luck, this too shall pass.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:39 PM

Thank you for the responses. Jrh....what do you consider serious time?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredWife77 View Post
Hi, my husband is being charged with: Felony possession of meth 3G, theft movable property Felony H, Possession of short barrell shotgun Felony H, Possession of silencer Felony H, Felon in possession of firearms Felony G, Possession of drug paraphanelia, and possibly a robbery not sure yet. All this stemmed from a angry friend who called the cops and said that my husband had a stolen motorcycle (which was untrue). Police got warrant to search garage and found a pipe. Then got warrant to search house where the rest was found. They found I believe 7 guns. I believe at least one was fully auto. And they may be stolen.

His 1st felony came at age 17 for aggr. robbery. Did 4 years. Hasnt really been in trouble since. He is now 31 and a father of 4....
Can't your husband say that he lives at home with you and just happened to be "visiting" a friend at that other house in Wisconsin? If he hasn't changed his address/state on his driver's license...or utilities,etc. weren't in his name, they'd have a hard time proving he lived there, I would think.

You said that he wasn't even in custody at this point? That's really good news. You'd think if he was facing a lot of time, they would have never set his bail. Or his bail amount would have been huge.

I'd certainly beg, borrow and steal to get him the best lawyer that you can find! I'll be praying for you and your family.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 PM

His address I think is listed at that house. And all of his personaL belongings are there. He was not there when the house was raided so he was not arrested. They just got him today. Came all the way to my house in Minnesota....
Old 09-18-2010, 03:50 PM

I'm hoping that everything I am hearing is just a bunch of crap. But from what I can see online, those are the charges against him. There are so many rumors flying around. I am just preparing myself for the worst case scenario.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:12 PM

Default Experienced mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredWife77 View Post

My son has been in prison for half his adult life and I have seen the inside of many prison visiting rooms in WI and MN. I'm sorry to tell you, your husband is facing a very long time in prison. The time will be harder on you and the kids than on him. He knew what the consequences would be if he was found out.

Federal prisons are 'nicer' than State. There's more to do, generally his room isn't shared by as many as in state. The visiting areas are generally nicer and more child friendly. The inmate aggrevation and violence is less also. He'll be going to a Federal facility and it sounds like he was in a variety of crimes so he'll probably know some of the inmates; depending on his business dealings and personality that could be a real plus.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2 1 View Post
My son has been in prison for half his adult life and I have seen the inside of many prison visiting rooms in WI and MN. I'm sorry to tell you, your husband is facing a very long time in prison. The time will be harder on you and the kids than on him. He knew what the consequences would be if he was found out.

Federal prisons are 'nicer' than State. There's more to do, generally his room isn't shared by as many as in state. The visiting areas are generally nicer and more child friendly. The inmate aggrevation and violence is less also. He'll be going to a Federal facility and it sounds like he was in a variety of crimes so he'll probably know some of the inmates; depending on his business dealings and personality that could be a real plus.
Ummmm, he has not been in a variety of crimes. I very highly doubt that he will know anyone there. As far as the things I've said about what he is being charged with, some of it was speculation on my part, from things I was hearing from people who heard about it. A few things have turned out just to be rumors. I guess that's what I get for over reacting and always fearing the worst. Oh and listening to rumors!! The charges against him still suck, but not as bad as what I had heard. And I wasn't in any way implying that he was guilty of these charges. I was just wanting to prepare myself for the situation where he is found guilty of such charges.