Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc

Old 08-28-2010, 03:17 PM

Default HELP! Why am I Scared?/MWI's release is coming up

This is going to sound absolutely insane! But the reality of the man I love coming home in 168 days has hit me! And it's hit me HARD! I'm now all of a sudden Scared, more than scared I'm terrified! I can't explain why, I know I LOVE this man, and I want him Home, like yesterday! And no amount of fear is going to keep me from being with him!
Is it because I have no idea what he's like outside? Can anyone shed some light on why I'm feeling this way? Any words of inspiration? LOL!
I feel like I'm back in high school!
The Following User Says Thank You to HisElaine For This Useful Post:
LovingBK4eva (09-10-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,312 Times in 13,652 Posts

Yep, its scary & exciting all at once! It also quite normal. Is he paroling to your home? My Mr & I are MWI, he paroled to my (now "our") house and it was hard on both of us at first. I'm not sure "hard" is the right word, let's just say: scary & exciting Coming Home from prison is chock-full of adjustments anyway, then you get to figure out and adjust to each others quirks. Be patient, take your time getting to know each other "out here" & give him his space--coming from prison there will be times he'll want to talk and there'll be times he's so quiet that you're just sure you've offended him. That's normal too. Relax & go with the flow.....it'll be fine
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
HisElaine (08-29-2010)
Old 08-29-2010, 04:53 PM

Paroling is something we are discussing right now. We are of the opinion currently that since he has a job outside of the prison, he should stay where he's at and keep his job. So I would be going to him. He got some really confusing info today about paroling out in Ellsworth but he was told to speak to his supervisor at work who has been known to help inmates being released with gettin a place in town.
I would LOVE for him to come to me, but I don't have a place for him to come to.
Thanks Sooo Much Patchouli! I was really wondering if I was the only one out there! LOL! Feels good to know it's Normal..