Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Texas should be posted here.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:02 AM

Default Angleton Board - Texas parole

Have you heard or do you know anything specific about this board. Do you have a loved one or know anybody that has made parole from this office. I've heard different things everywhere and just wanted to sum it up under one thread.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Jacob has my Heart

My husband just got an FI-5 from this board On July 28th. I did have Mary Samaan as a lawyer and she was able to get us an in person interview with the lead voter which happened to be pamela freeman. She was tough. But gave him an FI-5. I've heard that Pamela is the toughest voter though. Has your loved one been assigned to a voter yet? What part in the parole process are you at?

Debbie & Jacob
We Belong Together
Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea10582 View Post
My husband just got an FI-5 from this board On July 28th. I did have Mary Samaan as a lawyer and she was able to get us an in person interview with the lead voter which happened to be pamela freeman. She was tough. But gave him an FI-5. I've heard that Pamela is the toughest voter though. Has your loved one been assigned to a voter yet? What part in the parole process are you at?
His file doesnt get pulled til sometime in October. This will be his 3rd time up on a 8 year sentence(no agg or violent charges@all.no disciplinaries in tdcj). His parole lawyer is Stouwie from the law firm of Stouwie&Mayo in San Antonio. So do you think paying for the parole lawyer was worth it or do you think he probably had a chance without her? What was the personal interview like? He wants me to go but girl I cry a lot I don't think I will be of much help unless crying helps(lol). Did they ask you any questions? Congrats2u&yours

Old 08-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Left my heart in Negril

Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,228 Posts

We got a FI-1 vote from Angleton...on the his first review. I recommend spending time on a quality parole packet (make it stand out)...and utilize your right to a phone interview with the lead voter.

My experiences dealing with Angleton were always pleasant, and they were friendly and helpful.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
- Marilyn Monroe
Old 08-15-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWing13 View Post
We got a FI-1 vote from Angleton...on the his first review. I recommend spending time on a quality parole packet (make it stand out)...and utilize your right to a phone interview with the lead voter.

My experiences dealing with Angleton were always pleasant, and they were friendly and helpful.
did u talk to the board;if so which board member? what was it like?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:08 PM

My Husband is currently under review by this board and we should hear something this month. But they got to him late and I am not sure if it will make the review end late. He got a 1 year set off last year. But there are a awful lot of men going home from the unit he is at.
Have you heard or do you know anything specific about this board. Do you have a loved one or know anybody that has made parole from this office. I've heard different things everywhere and just wanted to sum it up under one thread.[/quote]
Old 08-15-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmudder View Post
My Husband is currently under review by this board and we should hear something this month. But they got to him late and I am not sure if it will make the review end late. He got a 1 year set off last year. But there are a awful lot of men going home from the unit he is at.
Have you heard or do you know anything specific about this board. Do you have a loved one or know anybody that has made parole from this office. I've heard different things everywhere and just wanted to sum it up under one thread.
[/quote]

what unit is he at?what is his sentence length and how long has he served. just trying to get an idea of who they are letting go home and how long r most of the inmates in this region stayn incarcerated.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:09 PM
PTO Staff on LOA

PTO Super Moderator Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,926 Times in 3,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.determined View Post
did u talk to the board;if so which board member? what was it like?
My man went through the Gatesville Parole Board, and this is what I did: I had to write to the parole board and request a phone interview with the lead voter. (Some boards will allow you to make the request by phone, but I don't know what the one you're under requires.) In any event, you must make the request, but the board is not required to grant the request if they think they have enough info already.

If they grant your request, the lead voter will call you right before s/he makes his/her decision. He/She will not schedule a good time with you; he/she will just call. Hopefully you are home or have given them your cell number. When the lead voter called me, he said, "So you have something to tell us about Inmate XXX?" and then he was quiet for the rest of the phone call.

I had heard this was going to happen, so I wrote out a speech for myself and kept a copy of it by every phone in the house! When I was done talking, he said, "Thank you, and we'll keep that in mind." Then it was over.

Hope that helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:
mrsdennis (08-23-2010)
Old 08-16-2010, 01:26 AM

My husband was under the Angleton Parole Board and just before he was to see the IPO he was transferred to a different unit which fell under a different parole boad. I had already sent his parole packet and the request form in for a phone interview with the Angleton Board. When the Palestine Parole Board got his file from the IPO I did not get a call wanting to schedule a time and date. I talk to the lead voter right then which was not a good time because I was at work. My request was granted to speak. I too also wrote out what it is that I wanted to say when they called and trust me it was very helpful because I was nervous and would have forgotten what it is that I had wanted to say on his behalf.

The Following User Says Thank You to cowgirl1962 For This Useful Post:
Renee (08-16-2010)
Old 08-23-2010, 08:25 PM

My son's father is at Clemens in Brazoria which is under Angleton Region. He was denied the first time but he was at Garza West then was transfered to Brazoria TX. But every single time I speak to anyone at the Angleton office they are SSSSOOOOO nice and VERY helpful! I think that your hubby will have a good experience with them. Just stay prayed up and good will come! Congradulations!
Old 10-08-2010, 02:47 AM
FREE LUIS ADAME

Quote:
hey ! I live right outside of angleton. It is literally like 20 minutes away. From what I know about the parole board here from my hubbys past experiences, they are very lenient with you and they seem quite nice but you cant try to get over on them cuz they will revoke your parole. Um, My hubby failed like 4 piss tests and they never revoked him til he got another case

this little time apart will only bring us closer in our hearts! FREE BETO!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:35 AM
juju1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsadame6890 View Post
hey ! I live right outside of angleton. It is literally like 20 minutes away. From what I know about the parole board here from my hubbys past experiences, they are very lenient with you and they seem quite nice but you cant try to get over on them cuz they will revoke your parole. Um, My hubby failed like 4 piss tests and they never revoked him til he got another case
How long does it normally take for them to actually vote, my husband saw ipo from huntsville because of the large case load back in july, i had to pull teeth to get the file moved to angleton on 9/24 it was just sitting on a desk in huntsville, now it is just sitting on the lead voters desk. No one seems to know why. Help please, we have done 2 yrs 5 months on a 3 yr sentence. UGH, i dont understand why it is taking so long when i know the file is on there desk.

thank you
Old 10-14-2010, 11:51 PM

Right now my hunny is under the Angleton board, His file was just pulled 09/06/10, I am so scared to talk to the voter if I request from them to call, I wouldn't know what to say, My hunny was given a 7 yr sentence, Had to do 5 before coming up for a chance at parole, Its out time now, I'm so nervous and at the same time scared!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:21 PM
PTO Staff on LOA

PTO Super Moderator Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,926 Times in 3,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsShorty View Post
Right now my hunny is under the Angleton board, His file was just pulled 09/06/10, I am so scared to talk to the voter if I request from them to call, I wouldn't know what to say, My hunny was given a 7 yr sentence, Had to do 5 before coming up for a chance at parole, Its out time now, I'm so nervous and at the same time scared!!!!
MrsShorty, you may want to take a look at this thread: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=507663

We discussed what to say to the voter when he/she called. Good luck!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:37 PM
FREE LUIS ADAME

I honestly couldnt tell you how long it will take them. I know last time beto was on parole he got out after about 3 months. But his was already in angleton so idk. I wish I could help you more

this little time apart will only bring us closer in our hearts! FREE BETO!
Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsShorty View Post
Mrs shorty was is your hubbys projected eligibilty date?
Old 10-18-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
mrs shorty was is your hubbys projected eligibilty date?

03/03/2011
Old 10-18-2010, 08:35 AM

o okay mrs. shorty. my hubby's is 3/11/10. we have to keep in touch to see how this progresses. when i talk to the board last week they said they are a month ahead so they will have his answer in february, but of course when i told him that he was like> well everybody is getting their answer late some people haven't even saw the ipo and their date is almost here. im like okay i just left it alone cuz only time will tell. I did notice on the TDCJ employment website that they are filling a position for an IPO in Angleton tho. good luck 2 u & yours definitely!

Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 AM

Oh wow, So has he had interview with IPO yet? Where is your hunny at? Mine is a Central Trusty camp
Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 AM

no he hasnt seen the ipo yet, thats y i was saying they have a posting for one in angleton. my hubby says the unit is behind even tho the lady at the angleton board said they werent. i dont even know at this point if his file has been pulled, guess i could/should call and ask. i'' start getting more active when he at least tells me he has saw the ipo on the unit cause then i know some of the balls are rolling. he is at stringfellow in rosharon.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:48 AM

Yes I would call status line, That will give you a definite time so then you can follow, My hunny was at Darington couple yrs back, Ive added you as a friend, Message me whenever, Im more on this since the time is getting closer, When I had told him his file was pulled, He was like why did they do that, He is in the process of getting his CDL and wants to get it before he gets out, He is determinded that he will make parole, I pray & hope that he does, I just feel that after doing 5 yrs of a 7 yr sentence, Never being in trouble, Nothing on his record until this charge that we will make it, I am prepared for the worst if its a set off, He says that if they do give him a set off he will just complete his time, I said NOO WAY! But Im by his side regardless, I keep praying & I am in process of completeing my parole packet to fax it at the end of this week, Let me know if you hear anything & thats good if they are ahead, Even better, I wish you the best of luck!!

Last edited by MrsShorty; 10-18-2010 at 08:50 AM..
Old 10-18-2010, 08:55 AM

okay, im actually on hold with them right now just to see whatever info i can get. thats funny cause my hubby was on the waiting list for his CDL but he was like forget it cause he doesnt want them to hold him any longer just so he can finish the class. he can do that when he gets out my brother actually has his CDL too so he can wait and do it where he got it. other than that he's just in a lot of classes and waiting on an answer. He's been in stringfellow since dec 08 i think cause before that he was at bartlett doing his state jail time which he finished and they moved him.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:01 AM

Crossing my fingers that you hear something good, Just to put that smile on your face like when I heard his case was pulled, My hunny was at PACK I, I think he had been on the list since he was at Darington, Not too sure, But it took awhile before he got in, He already got his permit, So hopefully before the holidays we will be able to take his test and get it over with..
Old 11-04-2010, 02:23 PM

So... My baby saw his ipo august 25th and I got an answer today.. 1 yr set off.. he has done 7 months on a 4 yr sentence.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaldonado View Post
So... My baby saw his ipo august 25th and I got an answer today.. 1 yr set off.. he has done 7 months on a 4 yr sentence.
Sorry to hear that, Hope that the time flys bye for you, May I ask what was his charge? What unit is he at?