Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oklahoma DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:57 PM

Default Power of Attorney for an inmate

My common law husband is going to be getting a large amount of money from his grandmothers will. We need power of attorney so I can set up an account for him. I sent in the signed forms but they are saying that they wont notarize it. They told him its against doc policy. Can anyone help me?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 09:19 PM

I work for an Attorney and I sent my husband a Power of Attorney in the mail for him to sign and they notarized it. It costed him 3.00 per page, but they did it. That was a Lawton back in Dec. Who is they? Was it someone that just answers the phones? You may need to go higher up, like his case manager. I've found the rules are diff. at each facility, well at least the two we've been to, nothing is the same. It seems no matter what DOC says. Did the bank tell you, you could set up an acct. for him if you had POA? Just curious. POA gives the authority to sign for some else and take care of various financial things, but I've never heard of a bank letting someone open an account for someone else w/ a POA, b/c they have to provide lots of things to do that, like drivers license, etc. But all banks are diff. too. I hope you can get what you need done. Don't give up.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:39 AM

I TOO AM POA FOR MY HUSBAND AND ALL I DID WAS SEND HIM THE FORMS TO FILL OUT WHAT HE WANTED ME TO BE IN CHARGE OF AND THE DOC DID NOTORIZE IT FOR I BELIEVE 3.00 AS WELL THEN I TOOK EVERYTHING TO THE BANK AND HAD NO PROBLEMS. I HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU AND I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK.