Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Daniel Prison Unit - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2004, 07:09 AM

Default Price Daniel Prison Unit - Snyder, Texas

My boyfriend just got moved to the Price Daniel Unit in Snyder Texas. I just went to to see him this past weekend and have decided that next time I go I want to stay in a hotel and get a specail visit because I'm about 7 hours away. If anyone has a loved one at this unit or live near by and know of any good hotels, places to eat, things to do, please let me know. I have tried to search the net for this, but couldn't find anything. thanks-
~sAmAnThA~~
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2004, 11:56 AM

Hello Samantha My Hubby Is At The Price Daniel Unit And I Also Visited This Last Weekend. I Live In Texarkana I Am Also 7 Hrs Away I Visit Once A Month And I Get A Special Visit . I Know Snyder Pretty Well By Now I Have Been Going There For A Year Now As Far As Prisons Go That Is The Best One Mine Has Been In Since He Has Been Incarcerated. But It Is Still Prison. They Have A Willow Park Inn A Best Western A Days Inn, The Purple Sage Inn Quuite A Few Hotels Just Call One Of These Chain Hotels And They Will Hook You Up
Old 03-01-2004, 05:06 PM

Default reply

Yeah they said that unit is a very good one. I know that the visitation really sucks. You have to sit on the stupid steel stools that are so little you can barley fit your butt on it. and they have the phones, I hate using the phones, the last unit he was at didn't have phones. I'm also only going once a month now. Do you know of any good places to eat or anything fun to do?? Bowling, movies??????? Have you stayed in the hotels there? If so, which do you think are the best??
Thanks-
~saMaNtHA~~
Old 03-02-2004, 12:31 AM

I worked at the Daniel unit for almost 11 years and it's a really laid back unit. They alway refered to our unit as the Nice Daniel unit. I'm always wondering what's happening there and who all is left I might know. I retired from the system 2 year ago, so it's been awhile. I lived in Snyder about 6 months, but I lived in that area all my life till I came to Amarillo. The better motels are closer into town. I stayed at the Best Western and it was pretty nice. That first one across from Rip Griffins I was told is nice, but the one after that to your right stay away from. Pretty bad I was told. There is a movie theater and I think a bowling alley if it's still there. Both of them are on College Avenue. They have a nice park as your going out of town towards Big Spings which is on the same street and Wallmarts is out there too. Some times they have some events going on at the colisium but other wise not much else to do that I can think of. Have any question I'll be glad to help if I can!

Secret of Life

Take time to Think. It is the sorce of power. Take time to play. It is the secret of perpetual youth. Take time to be Friendly. It is the road to Happiness. Take time to Work. It is the price of Success. Take time to Pray. It is the greatest power on Earth. Take time to Love and to be Loved. It is the way of God.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:31 PM

thanks for the info, I don't have any more questions at the moment, but Im sure that I will later, so when I have more questions I'll get in touch.
Thanks-
~SaManThA~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by demossangel
I worked at the Daniel unit for almost 11 years and it's a really laid back unit. They alway refered to our unit as the Nice Daniel unit. I'm always wondering what's happening there and who all is left I might know. I retired from the system 2 year ago, so it's been awhile. I lived in Snyder about 6 months, but I lived in that area all my life till I came to Amarillo. The better motels are closer into town. I stayed at the Best Western and it was pretty nice. That first one across from Rip Griffins I was told is nice, but the one after that to your right stay away from. Pretty bad I was told. There is a movie theater and I think a bowling alley if it's still there. Both of them are on College Avenue. They have a nice park as your going out of town towards Big Spings which is on the same street and Wallmarts is out there too. Some times they have some events going on at the colisium but other wise not much else to do that I can think of. Have any question I'll be glad to help if I can!
Old 05-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Brian's Baby Doll

Ladies, I was wondering how it was there ... you said that it's nice. I wanted to know how visits were. I wanted to know if it's all contact or if there are still glass visits. How about calls? Anything you can tell me would be appreciated. I live in Lubbock about an hour away. So I could tell you anything you needed to know. Lubbock is one of the closest places with entertainment. Thanks again!

Old 05-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Been here forever

wow, not to far from me, i am like 45 mins from synder
Old 05-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Brian's Baby Doll

where do you live lulu

Old 05-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Been here forever

In BigSpring Tx not far from you either
Old 05-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Brian's Baby Doll

wow you are close

Old 05-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Been here forever

yup. not far at all
Old 05-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Brian's Baby Doll

cool

Old 11-09-2009, 03:56 PM

Hello People,
I will be visiting my son for the first time at Daniel. Where can I go to get info such as what do they offer refreshment in there, and motels in the area. I will be traveling long distance.
Thank you
Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,759 Times in 689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerwoman View Post
Hello People,
I will be visiting my son for the first time at Daniel. Where can I go to get info such as what do they offer refreshment in there, and motels in the area. I will be traveling long distance.
Thank you
There are hotels in Snyder. The town is tiny, however, a couple of really good restaurants. As for hotels, I stayed at Willow Park Inn. You can Google it for info and here is the link.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe...35734498201508
Old 11-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,759 Times in 689 Posts

I liked Willow Park Inn. It was not expensive and the rooms were OK. Nothing to write home about but they were OK. Staff was friendly and got to know me quite well. I stayed there once a month when I went to see Chris and I went monthly.

Theres also Holiday Inn Express

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/...s-_-ex-_-abysy

and Best Western

http://www.bestwesterntexas.com/hote...rn-snyder-inn/

These hotels are a stones throw from the Price Daniel Unit, maybe a five minute drive.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,273 Times in 643 Posts

There area LOT of nice places in Springwater also- -just check them out -during the day.
be safe.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,488 Times in 836 Posts

if your funds are tight, there is always the Samaritan House in Colorado City. It is sponsored by various churches in the area, and is for families of inmates that travel long distances. You get a private room with your own key, it's CLEAN, it's SAFE, and the people are as nice as you will ever encounter. Meals are included, as well, and the fridge is stocked with soda, bottled water, etc- all provided at no charge.

Donations are always welcome, but they don't ask- they are so welcoming and wonderful to everyone that stays.

You have to call ahead- 325-728-2399- they're in Colorado City which is about 25 minutes south of the unit.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:10 PM

Default gang related

My hubby just told me last weekend they had a gang fight in Snyder at Daniel unit. Yes I thought it was a cool place. Now they have made a lot of restriction. They have to be in and out of rec at a certain time and phone call are also watched.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,488 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigs Girl View Post
My hubby just told me last weekend they had a gang fight in Snyder at Daniel unit. Yes I thought it was a cool place. Now they have made a lot of restriction. They have to be in and out of rec at a certain time and phone call are also watched.
it wasnt a full blown gang fight- just a couple of guys went at it and one had a homemade knife of some sort. both of the men involved have already been moved off the unit. this is the norm if there is even a hint of gang relation- Price Daniel is the state's main safekeeping unit, so any trouble makers are shipped off right away.

The unit went on lockdown for a day, and things might be a little more structured than normal for the next couple months, but it is still the safest unit going-this unit gets all the ex-cops, ex-guards, relations of any politicians or other muckety mucks as well as those needing special protection- all are sent to Price Daniel. The unit only houses up to medium security- it is as low risk a unit as you're going to find.

Last edited by britecloud; 08-14-2010 at 08:47 PM..
Old 08-27-2010, 01:39 PM
BabyGirl254

Location: originally from Texas but in Florida at the moment!

hey ladies just dropping by to see how everyone is doing my fiance made parole yay!!!!!! what happens now?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:55 AM

My son was just moved to Daniel Unit. Can anyone tell me if they have contact visits or is it just phone. And are all the rules the same as other units. How safe is this unit?? I live over two hundred miles away do I get a longer visit? Any info. will help. Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Hello lost mom1,

If you look through all the other posts, there are lot of information. Price unit is a safe unit. I don't think they allow any troublesome inmate there. I guess a contact visit or by phone visit depends on your son's status. I have contact visit with my son. I live 7 hours away and I get 4 hours on Sat. and 4 hours on Sun. once a month.
I don't know how long you can visit according to how far away you live.
Sorry I don't have much info.
Have a nice day.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Starry Eyed

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 3,933 Times in 1,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost mom1 View Post
My son was just moved to Daniel Unit. Can anyone tell me if they have contact visits or is it just phone. And are all the rules the same as other units. How safe is this unit?? I live over two hundred miles away do I get a longer visit? Any info. will help. Thanks
Lost Mom, you must live 300+ miles away in order to qualify for a special extended visit. I don't know if you live that far, but if so, call the warden's office on the Monday before you want to visit to request a special. They will have you call back on the Friday before your visit to confirm.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:15 AM

My son has been sentence for 15 yr. and he has served one and last week he got a letter for probation office and talk about split sentence and for him to report 24 hours after he is release. He don't know what all this means can anyone out there explain. I'm so new at all of this.