Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:35 AM

Default Reentry class? What is it?

JUST HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS....MY HUBBY COUNSELOR TOLD HIM THAT HE HAS TO DO 1 MORE CLASS...THE CLASS IS CALLED REENTRY CLASS....WHAT IS HIS CLASS REALLY...IS THIS 1 STEP CLOSER IN HIM COMMIN HOME.....EVEN THO NO TPM YET......
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Donation Award 

My husband was required to do reentry as well. I wish I remembered all what it entailed but I do remember that he was able to apply for his social security card and documents needed for reentry into society. all in all, it is a positive sign that your hubby was required to take this course. that means that he is most likely going to be approved for parole soon. sometimes (as in my hubby's case) a parole decision is kind of hinged on the completion of these courses. My hubby was approved for his PIC month (6 months earlier than TPM) once he completed the course. He was then transferred to a Work Release Center and has been there for the last 6 months. It is definitely a positive sign that he is taking all these classes. If he is in these programs, a TPM should be showing up soon. Good luck!
Neffri26 (06-19-2010)
Old 06-19-2010, 05:56 PM

thanks so much!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Donation Award 

The counselor usually notifies the person in charge of programs at the facility when the parole consideration month is. If the date is approaching the inmate will be placed.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Donation Award 

Hey GA family,

Today I re-read honey's grid and noticed he's mandated to complete the Reentry Skills Building Program. I don't know how I missed that because I'm usually on top of these things. He's a few weeks from completing RSAT and we thought from there he'd go to work release. Since he only mentioned Motivation For Change, RSAT and work release I don't know if he realizes he has to do this program also since he mailed me this grid almost 2 years ago.

Although I'm happy my man is one step closer to coming home, I'm so sick of this process. I mean really.... he sat idly for YEARS and now GDOC/PAP are cramming these programs in the last year and a half.

Have any of your loved ones completed this course after RSAT? How long is it? How does it affect work release? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks lovies....

Last edited by kae; 02-23-2011 at 06:13 PM..
Old 02-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Donation Award 

Kae-
My loved ones counselor spoke to him(I think it was Monday) and said she was putting him in re-entry. Now he completed all that he could that was mandated (he even took some courses twice) and requested re entry years ago but was rejected. I don't know what to make of it. I am not optimistic that they are doing it because he is on his way out.
Also for those who have loved ones completing the GED, my loved one says that at his spot some of the people that he knows with longer sentences have been removed from the GED program to make room for those who have less time.
The Following User Says Thank You to LORNA For This Useful Post:
kae (02-27-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 09:32 AM

My hubby has been down 7 years, every opportunity he kept asking about mandatory classes. NOW, July 2011, his TPM, they STARTED his classes (12 weeks) - Have no idea of an actual release date yet - supposedly the address confirmation takes 2-4 weeks - he gave that to them in December 2010. I will be SO GLAD when this is OVER!!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 03:13 AM

my bf is at wilcox state prison and has been down 8 years and now they have started to cram him into classes ...motivational changed,re-entry and ged . he is in motivational changed now and then will continue with his ged . his max out date is suppose to be Aug 2013 could he be coming home sooner?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 PM

My dad has been in the Ga. Prison system for the past 4 years (has a five year sentence). At 1/3 of his sentence he was give a PIC month of 4/11 and a TPM of 8/11. All of his required classes have been completed for at least a year and he still isn't home. Let's face it, we are at the mercy of the Parole Board . . . and they know it. Every day that is completed puts us one day closer to being reunited with our loved ones.