Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Ohio Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Ohio prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Sister of Brett Hartmann
Donation Award 

Default Ohio MP3 Player Program

The MP3 program has started for some of the Ohio facilities.
(Right now it is just Marion and Warren)

As usual, the information that website posts, is lacking. These are a couple of questions for now, but I'm sure there will be some of us with more.

Does anyone have any idea of how the guys choose, purchase, load the actual songs?
I see that we buy them $5 "vouchers" from Access, but then what?
Is the rest of the process going to go through Access, kiosks, or commissary.....?

Thanks to anyone who can let us know what they experience or learn.

Ohio MP3 Player Program
http://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/lo...?ProgramID=162

FAQ's
http://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/ma...acilityID=2463

Q: How many songs do the MP3 Players hold?
A: The 4GB AMP’D Maxx MP3 Player holds approximately 700 of your favorite songs while the 8GB player holds approximately 1,400 songs.

Q: If songs are only purchased in $5.00 increments, how many songs will the inmate get to select?
A: Each $5.00 increment purchased is enough to purchase 3 songs. The money left over will go towards future song purchases. There is no limit on how many $5.00 increments are purchased at any given time, there are over 5 million songs to choose from.

Q: What does the MP3 include when purchased?
A: When an MP3 Player is purchased one of each of the following items will be included: AMP’D Maxx MP3 Player, Ear Bud headphones, Set of 2 AA batteries and Owner’s Manual.

Q: The inmate will be released soon, are they able to take the MP3 Player home?
A: Upon the inmate being released, the MP3 Player should be returned to Access Corrections, along with $25.00 for an unlocking fee, to have all security software removed and returned to the inmate for long-term enjoyment of the MP3 player and previously purchased music. If the inmate has money still remaining in his account, he can use that money to go towards the $25.00 unlocking fee. If the inmate has more than $25.00 in his account, we will use $25.00 toward the unlocking fee and the remainder will be sent to the released inmate in the form of a check.

Q: What are your shipping and handling charges?
A: Shipping and Handling is $6.37 and is included in the selling price of the MP3 players. There is not a shipping and handling charge on the ear buds, adapters, or music.

Q: When will my order ship?
A: Please allow up to 4 weeks for the orders to arrive at the facility.

Q: What happens if the person I am sending my order to changes security levels and is no longer allowed a package?
A: If an inmate becomes ineligible to receive packages after the package is shipped, the facility will hold the package with the inmate’s property items until they become eligible again.

Q: What happens if more than one person orders a package for an incarcerated family member or friend?
A: If an additional order is received for an incarcerated family member or friend that has already received the maximum amount of items, the order will be sent back to Access Corrections and a refund will be issued to the purchaser.

Q: What if something is broken or damaged?
A: If any of the products are broken or damaged because of a manufacturer defect within 60 days from being purchased then Access Corrections will replace the product. If any products are broken or damaged after the 60 days from purchaser a replacement will no longer be acceptable.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: We accept Credit/Debit cards with VISA and Mastercard logos. We also accept prepaid credit cards or cash advance cards, but if a refund/credit is due the process might be slightly longer than usual. By phone or internet, we accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. By mail we accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover, money orders, cashier's checks or institution checks.
Q: How do I check on an order?
A: Please call 1-800-546-6283 or write to us at Customer Service, 10880 Lin Page Place, St. Louis, MO 63132. You can also send us an email at customerservice@ohiopackages.com

Q: How do I track an order?
A: You will receive a shipping confirmation number within 24 hours of placing your order with the exception of the weekend. Any orders placed on Friday or Saturday will receive a shipping confirmation number within 48 hours. You can track your order with the shipping confirmation number on www.ohiopackages.com. Please be aware that the shipping confirmation number is different than your order confirmation number.

Q: How do I report a discrepancy with the order (item missing, wrong product, etc)?
A: The inmate will be given an opportunity to check the contents of the package in the presence of an employee from the prison. If there is an issue with the order, the employee would verify it and send the paperwork to Access Securepak®. All discrepancies must be reported from the prison and we cannot honor any discrepancies reported from family members or friends of the offender. All discrepancies will be corrected by Access Securepak® with replacement of product, reimbursement of funds, etc. Please allow 3-4 weeks for all discrepancies to be corrected.

Q: What is the return policy on the products?
A: Used items cannot be returned, exchanged or refunded. If an item is found to be defective upon receipt and is returned to us within 60 days of purchase, it shall be replaced at no charge. Please notify the property officer immediately if you receive any defective or damaged items. Access Securepak® is not responsible for refused items. Shipping and Handling charges are non-refundable.

Last edited by thinkink; 06-17-2010 at 09:15 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkink For This Useful Post:
Raebear (06-18-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 05:59 AM
Faithfully waiting...

thanks for starting the thread!

Endlessly, forever & always his...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 PM

I am curious about this too....I was wondering what music they have to choose from and how do they load it.... He is dying for some music.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:31 PM

You can always get him a radio
Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Previously banned member

Thank u for this as I just made a new thread asking JUST this.