Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mississippi News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Mississippi prison system.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:10 AM

Default Closing of Mississippi State Penitentiary

As everyone likely knows, Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman is closing. Prisoners have been in the process of being moved for the past several months.

The question has been where Death Row prisoners will be housed? There are rumours circulating about the prison that they will occupy Unit 29, which is a rat infested, filthier building that 32B.

If anyone has any information, I would appreciate you sharing it. This is of great concern to those inmates. While I do realize that this will not be made public by MDOC in advance, I'd hoped that someone would be privy to some information.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 AM
JRM11

They're closing Unit 32. My fiance is in Unit 29, yes it is bad though I haven't heard about rats... And they are putting a lot of 32's inmates in 29. They're supposed to be done by Jan. 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggles View Post
As everyone likely knows, Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman is closing. Prisoners have been in the process of being moved for the past several months.

The question has been where Death Row prisoners will be housed? There are rumours circulating about the prison that they will occupy Unit 29, which is a rat infested, filthier building that 32B.

If anyone has any information, I would appreciate you sharing it. This is of great concern to those inmates. While I do realize that this will not be made public by MDOC in advance, I'd hoped that someone would be privy to some information.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 PM

my pen pal in 32 unit told me that he will soon be moved
Old 07-07-2010, 05:05 PM

No i have never heard of the rats either...thats new to me, although i have heard that it isnt a very well liked prison altogether.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:15 PM

does anyone have feedback on your loved one being moved from Unit 32 to share w/ MS CURE? Where are they being moved? how are they being treated?
We are attempting to have dialogue with the MDOC upper staff, we need your feedback to ask for matters of concern to be checked into. Please keep your replies clean. We want to work w/ MDOC and pass on info to them they can quickly check into for us so we can get replies to you. thanks

Last edited by msearp99; 07-15-2010 at 09:16 PM..