Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Michigan Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:57 PM

Default Parole granted but to Safe and Sober Living Program??

Does anyone know anything about this ? My husband is in for DUI 3rd so I understand why this may be required but what exactly is it ? His ERD is 01/29/11 so will he go right there from the facility he is at until the program is completed. The board member stated to him he will be granted parole but he must do this Safe and Sober Living Program.. Where is it, how long could he be there, any chance he goes before his ERD ?? Any info would be appreciated !!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 08:53 PM

I don't know anything but when I googled Safe and Sober Michigan and the links were all about half-way houses. Let us know what you find out and happy paroling!

Last edited by RAJustice; 06-09-2010 at 08:56 PM..
Old 06-10-2010, 11:52 AM

Thanks RAJustice, that's the same thing I got.... going to keep googling....lol

Old 06-10-2010, 12:15 PM

Ah !! Found it !! It is a 4-6 month program that they do as soon as they are released. Actually they aren't even released they go directly to the facility. There is one in Grand Rapids, it is called Project Rehab and the other one is SHAR it is in Macomb County. It's a way for the parole board to keep them incarcerated longer but still able to say they were paroled. They only get 1 two hour visit a week on Saturday or Sunday. They have to go on SCRAM tether when they leave the program. I don't feel this is really a bad thing. True he won't be home for 4-6 months after his ERD but I am hoping this program will assist him in beating his addiction. My only fear is that will this delay his coming home to Texas due to the tether. I know we have it here as a friend of my daughters is on one. Think I will call Interstate Compact and the parole office here to see if they have any further info. This is a very new program apparently.....

Old 06-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Well, I'm happy for you and wish your guy the best of luck with his addiction. There isn't a family on the planet that doesn't have a least one member who struggles with alcohol. Keep us posted on your progress so we can keep cheering for you! RA
Old 07-02-2010, 08:32 AM
miles to go b4 I sleep
Donation Award 

The alcohol tether is actually not bad. We had issues with it wanting readings all the time (not at our required time) but he made sure he did the reading anyway. He wore it for 3 months. There is no curfew attached to it and we got to pick the time for the reading. We picked 9pm and it would begin to go off about 10 minutes before that. And then it would sometimes take another reading about 5 minutes after 9pm.

Make sure you don't have Comcast for your home phone (it doesn't work) and you can't have any of the extras like caller id, call waiting, etc. You also have to turn off your answering machine.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:08 PM

There is a rumor going around that funding has run out for the Safe and Sober Living Program. Anyone else have info on this ???

Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 PM
A.K.A Bobbys'Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleysgirl View Post
There is a rumor going around that funding has run out for the Safe and Sober Living Program. Anyone else have info on this ???
I heard the same thing. Michigan has ran out of funds for any transitions until October 1st.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:13 PM

Default project rehab

yeah, that was a bad joke. my guy couldnt take it and left there. As I hear it there are drugs and alcohol just a phonecall away and it was really bad. we are now waiting on a probable transfer to another place that's probably worse. Just from what I hear don't expect them to get any real "help" with their addictions from there. Best of luck but I had to say what I know.
The Following User Says Thank You to donra For This Useful Post:
RAJustice (09-20-2010)
Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 PM

Default Michigan Safe and Sober Living

The parolee will transer from his facility to DRC (Ryan Cor. Fac.) From there the parolee will transfer to SHAR House, SHAR House is for alcohol related offenses only.
The program is 120-180 days depending on the parolees needs. BUT...there is a rumor the program last 30-90 days due to over crowding, or if the parolee has a employment and home placement (No Community Base Residence)
SHAR House Info:
Tele: 313-894-8444, No contact person
or they can call the Parole Board direct.
Michigan Parole Board Member: Mr. Thomas Combs, Administrator for Substance Abuse Services. Tele: 517-373-0270
--------------------------------------------------------
If the parolee is required to particpate in the RSAT, Bridges, or VVP programs at DRC he can bring the following property:
State Blues, Personal Hygiene Products, TV, MP3 Player, TV, Legal Documents, Parole packet/Vital documents (addresed to Records Office in a separate envelope)
The Parole Packet includes the Michigan Parole Board Order of Parole (CAX-119), Prisoner Pre-Release Notice (CSJ-290), Release Clearance (CAJ-801), and vital documents,such as birth certificate or Social Security card, and health care items inaccordance with MDOC OP.03.04.120 Health Care Exit Intrview and Testing Prior to Parole or Discharge.
Prisoners who are paroled to DRC should be issues and given a parolee identification card by the sending facility as set forth in PD.04.04.133 Prisoner Photographic Identification, Paragraph-F.
The person could contact the Ryan Correctional Facility if they have any questions regarding any program in which the parolee has to complete a program at DRC. DRC tele: 313-368-3200, no contact person.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:28 PM

My son just got out of DRC (the Bridges program). He can NOT have a TV, or MP3 player. They can bring it in with them but it stays in the property room and they get it upon release. Also, no visits or securepak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbro0214 View Post
The parolee will transer from his facility to DRC (Ryan Cor. Fac.) From there the parolee will transfer to SHAR House, SHAR House is for alcohol related offenses only.
The program is 120-180 days depending on the parolees needs. BUT...there is a rumor the program last 30-90 days due to over crowding, or if the parolee has a employment and home placement (No Community Base Residence)
SHAR House Info:
Tele: 313-894-8444, No contact person
or they can call the Parole Board direct.
Michigan Parole Board Member: Mr. Thomas Combs, Administrator for Substance Abuse Services. Tele: 517-373-0270
--------------------------------------------------------
If the parolee is required to particpate in the RSAT, Bridges, or VVP programs at DRC he can bring the following property:
State Blues, Personal Hygiene Products, TV, MP3 Player, TV, Legal Documents, Parole packet/Vital documents (addresed to Records Office in a separate envelope)
The Parole Packet includes the Michigan Parole Board Order of Parole (CAX-119), Prisoner Pre-Release Notice (CSJ-290), Release Clearance (CAJ-801), and vital documents,such as birth certificate or Social Security card, and health care items inaccordance with MDOC OP.03.04.120 Health Care Exit Intrview and Testing Prior to Parole or Discharge.
Prisoners who are paroled to DRC should be issues and given a parolee identification card by the sending facility as set forth in PD.04.04.133 Prisoner Photographic Identification, Paragraph-F.
The person could contact the Ryan Correctional Facility if they have any questions regarding any program in which the parolee has to complete a program at DRC. DRC tele: 313-368-3200, no contact person.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 PM

Default transferred

my hubby is getting transferred to rsat drc bridges what his parole paper say. does anyone have a definitive answer on how long this program is?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 PM

The bridges program is a separate program. It is like AOP/SOP/VOP all rolled into one since they don't offer those classes in other facilities. The Bridges program is 90-105 days, depending on how your guy works it and how fast he can get it done. Not sure about RSAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmanuelLady View Post
my hubby is getting transferred to rsat drc bridges what his parole paper say. does anyone have a definitive answer on how long this program is?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:19 AM

Thanks pookiedoo. I'm gonna call the board tomorrow to find out what is the exact conditions of his parole. I can't seem to understand what he meant. From what I read its so many branches to the bridges program. I also read it could be from 30 days to 120 days. I'm so confused. So I'm gonna call aro und and see what I can find out and post more info later.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:54 AM

I also have some other insider scoops (from what source, I can't say)...but the Bridges program is very different from RSAT. He might need to complete both programs. The Bridges program is 90-105 days (at the very least). My son just got done with it last month and was sent to Ryan for it in Feb. They let him out at exactly the 90 day mark. They only release from the Bridges program on Wednesdays and the guys go straight to their Parole Agent's office (the facility takes them there). If your guy needed AOP/VOP/or SOP and didn't get it in the facility where is now (or had been before a transfer), then he has to complete the Bridges program. RSAT is Substance Abuse and the Bridges program is for Violent/Assaultive/Sex offenders. From what I understand, they don't have RSAT at DRC. It's strictly for those who are already paroled (he won't go there prior to his actual parole date). Once he hits DRC, he's on parole, officially. RSAT is 6-12 months. When you look at info online, take it with a grain of salt...programming has been shifted and moved since January (when they implemented the Bridges program in DRC and switched Ryan to DRC).

Quote:
Thanks pookiedoo. I'm gonna call the board tomorrow to find out what is the exact conditions of his parole. I can't seem to understand what he meant. From what I read its so many branches to the bridges program. I also read it could be from 30 days to 120 days. I'm so confused. So I'm gonna call aro und and see what I can find out and post more info later.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:31 AM

Thanks pookiedoo. his papers say parole date July 10th so we're thinking that's when he's going to be paroled. I did find out today that the RSAT program is 6 months um I guess 6 months 29 months they do give is is they can have their TV in mp3 player in the rsat program but thats all I know so far he has heard that is to be 60 to 90 days but I called DRC in the parole board and they both said six to nine months.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:35 AM

The board also said that rsat us a condition of his parole so if he fail it he will be sent back to another prison
Old 06-20-2013, 05:31 PM

Yep, same thing with the Bridges program. If he misses a class, it's considered a ticket, too. That can also get him sent back (no tickets allowed in the Bridges program). If he doesn't complete it (for whatever reason) he's going right back in with a flop. He'll officially be on parole and get to the program on his parole date (but he'll never hit the streets, he'll be transferred right to the program). If he's at DRC, there is no visitation and no securepak. They wouldn't let my son have his TV or radio in the Bridges program at DRC...no one had them. Don't let what they say on the phone fool you...he may not be able to have his. The rules kept changing daily, when my son was there...so that's another thing to beware of.

Quote:
The board also said that rsat us a condition of his parole so if he fail it he will be sent back to another prison
Old 06-20-2013, 10:47 PM

Thank you. I just wanted to give everyone some updated info. between me and you we got it all. she did say some of the programs like aop, bridges and I believe she said sop cant have tvs or mp3 but I guess since rsat is 6 months she said a lot of the rsat guys was walking past her with their mp3 players ....but It don't matter he don't have those things anyways. I am happy that I will be able to visit. I'm happy he is a step closer to home but i'm worried because the program is so intensive that if he mess up than he is really messed up. so that worries me a little bit. I pray that he make it through.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 PM

Anyone looking for new info its not at 1435 N Oakland Blvd Waterford,MI 48327. It is 120 days no early time cuts. I just got out and it SUCKS. Send your man smokes they use it to buy anything that is available.
The Following User Says Thank You to onebadf150 For This Useful Post:
MyOneTrueLove71 (07-09-2014)