Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:47 PM

Default Questions about probation & 1st dirty urine

I am on a five year probation in the state of Tenn. I have language on my probation saying that upon first violation I will serve my sentence. I went into recovery when I started probation and was doing very good. Unfortunately I was incarcerated for other charges out of state and served 2 years in AZ state pen. I left with permission of my probation officer. While in prison I relapsed into drug use, and upon my release continued using. Within 3 weeks of release I violated for dirty drug test.
Conditions of my probation state that upon first violation I will serve my sentence. Since that violation I have voluntarily went into a recovery home, started making 12- step meetings daily and am taking all of the nescassary steps to deal with my problem. I am clean and sober today, for the first time in 2 years. I am working and paying my probation fines and fees.

Any experienced veterans out there that might be able to give me tips, or and advice or even have an idea of what might happen?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2010, 06:56 PM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,574 Times in 9,295 Posts

Quote:
Conditions of my probation state that upon first violation I will serve my sentence
I'm surprised you weren't taken into custody at the time of the dirty urine. I can't answer your question, but do want to welcome you to PTO!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:07 AM

sometimes the first test is used by your PO as a warning ...seems as tho you would have been violated right then....i don't know.......check the clerk of courts online and see if theres anything in there.we can look up court info online here and it will say if the court has revoked you or not.You can also call ,then you can wait till next PO visit or turn yourself in.If your PO is cool you might get by on this but better to check and better to get help and stay clean whatever it takes.you only get one 1st chance if they give you that.......good luck ....
Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 AM

Based on the following information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodahimself View Post
Conditions of my probation state that upon first violation I will serve my sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodahimself View Post
I violated for dirty drug test.

You'll have to serve your sentence. What was the sentence?

Good luck to you and welcome to PTO!

And yes, if by some chance your first test was used as a "warning shot" by the PO, you're lucky...and should start minding your p's and q's.

Last edited by djdippa; 06-07-2010 at 11:15 AM..
Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 PM

What county are you in and who was the original judge? In Nashville the Probation Officers typically will sometimes handle in house for a first dirty screen. In other counties the probation officer can't get the warrant fast enough. Also, depending on where you are the judges can be very different and if the original sentencing judge retired or was not reelected, you may catch a break depending on where you are.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:14 PM

Okay, I see now under your name it says Rutherford(county). First off, COUNT on your probation officer violating your probation. Second, if you had Judge Ash, you will get little mercy although he has chilled a little since sentencing me in 2003. Depending on the DA you might be able to get your attorney to show your corrective action and negotiate a deal that simply allows you a mandatory rehab period. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 PM
muyas wife

you will probebly do time. good luck....

my soulmate is now home!!