Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oregon Prison Profiles All prison and jail profiles for Oregon

Old 05-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Default Coffe Creek Question

My daughter has been there for a month now. Long story short but this girl that was going to testify against my daughter is about to go to Coffee.

My daughter literally gets a call from someone she had been around 2 or 3 times, shows up, they have guns, are doing meth, and talking about what they are going to go do. My daughter says nothing, drives one of the guys with the other car following her, doesn't know where they went or what they did, drops them off when she feels safe and comes home. The girl that's coming to Coffee masterminded the whole thing - she had a key to the house - and was gonna testify against my daughter. My daughter had never seen, heard of, or met this girl until the night all this went down.

The DA and the Judge said that my daughter was just as much guilty as the rest of them because "no one held a gun to her head" - nice huh. My daughter got royally f'ed over this crap. I'd like to see anyone of them walk into a situation like that - they'd pee their pants and start crying for sure!!!

So are they going to make sure that this girl is nowhere near my daughter? Will they keep them apart? I'm sure my daughter doesn't want to see her. I don't want this girl causing drama for my daughter.

This girl also ratted out a bunch of other people for stuff they had been out doing - none of which my daughter knew anything about.

Anyone know anything? Any advice? Other than stay the heck away from her cuz she is obviously drama and will rat anyone out that does anything around her.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKitty65 View Post
So are they going to make sure that this girl is nowhere near my daughter? Will they keep them apart? I'm sure my daughter doesn't want to see her. I don't want this girl causing drama for my daughter.

This girl also ratted out a bunch of other people for stuff they had been out doing - none of which my daughter knew anything about.

Anyone know anything? Any advice? Other than stay the heck away from her cuz she is obviously drama and will rat anyone out that does anything around her.
This is a really common situation among Oregon's male inmates and with them the practice is to issue a "keep apart" order, which means that they would be housed at separate institutions, or, in the case of Snake River - different units (there are three).

With the women, because there is only one prison, the practice is to just see that they are housed in different units. Extreme cases might require one person to be transferred of state, but that would be an exceptional case.

Your daughter needs to advise her counselor if she feels there may be problems and get the process started so that the institution has a "heads up" of a potential conflict.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:50 PM

Thanked 3,980 Times in 902 Posts

There is only one intake unit now and all the women are being sent there. After that, they don't make any effort to separate the women unless a problem has already occurred - they aren't real pro-active. It can't hurt to let the counselor know, as dscottsw suggested, but it has been own experience within Coffee Creek that it won't illicite a 'keep apart' order until a problem occurs.
The Following User Says Thank You to allmb For This Useful Post:
Scott (05-29-2010)
Old 05-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmb View Post
There is only one intake unit now and all the women are being sent there. After that, they don't make any effort to separate the women unless a problem has already occurred - they aren't real pro-active. It can't hurt to let the counselor know, as dscottsw suggested, but it has been own experience within Coffee Creek that it won't illicite a 'keep apart' order until a problem occurs.
Good to know...thanks allmb... not surprising since it's such a small prison.

This is just an added thought...letting the counselor know, and documenting the day that your daughter speaks with the counselor and the nature of the conversation serves another purpose. It sets grounds for the fact that your daughter did try to "do the right thing" and advise the institution about a potential problem - in the case of any future litigation which may come from difficulties with this person.

Of course, hopefully, this wouldn't be the case; but should this person try to either physically harm your daughter, or initiate such harm from someone else, and your daughter attempts to sue the DOC for negligence - having a record of initially advising them of the potential for a problem is a helpful record to have.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 AM

Default Making Sure Your Daughter is Safe

Start by conveying your concerns to the Coffee Creek Warden. If that doesn't satisfy you, go to Salem and contact Correctional Officials in the "Dome" Building. If you are still not satisfied, contact Representative Matt Wingard and tell him that you are concerened about the safety of your daughter at CCCF. (Coffee Creek and Wilsonville are in his district.)

I hope things work out well for you and your daughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKitty65 View Post
My daughter has been there for a month now. Long story short but this girl that was going to testify against my daughter is about to go to Coffee.

My daughter literally gets a call from someone she had been around 2 or 3 times, shows up, they have guns, are doing meth, and talking about what they are going to go do. My daughter says nothing, drives one of the guys with the other car following her, doesn't know where they went or what they did, drops them off when she feels safe and comes home. The girl that's coming to Coffee masterminded the whole thing - she had a key to the house - and was gonna testify against my daughter. My daughter had never seen, heard of, or met this girl until the night all this went down.

The DA and the Judge said that my daughter was just as much guilty as the rest of them because "no one held a gun to her head" - nice huh. My daughter got royally f'ed over this crap. I'd like to see anyone of them walk into a situation like that - they'd pee their pants and start crying for sure!!!

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lone Wolf 54 For This Useful Post:
LAKitty65 (06-19-2010)