Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Prison Phones
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Phones Discuss problems, solutions and other issues relating to institutional phone systems here

Old 05-26-2010, 09:24 PM
None Ya

Default scdc phone calls

I am hoping someone can help me with a question about the phone call rules for inmates in South Carolina DOC. My boyfriend was recently moved from the county to a scdoc facility. I had a pre-paid phone account set up with the county, but when he was moved my phone was blocked. I read that the inmates are allowed a certain amount of calls until the phone call forms are returned. I also read that they can only call a number that is blocked so many times before they won't be able to call it again. I just found out about the block and set up a new account because it is a different billing company and it should be working now. I know he has been trying to call me while my phone was blocked but I don't know how many times he tried to call. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out for sure that he can call me? I waited all day thinking he would call and he never did so I am afraid he is not able to now because he tried too many times before I fixed the block on the phone.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Operations Manager

Default Suggest

If the number was blocked due to excessive attempts they will not unblock unless you the called party or facility request an unblock. That means every time he calls and doesn't get through they may have a threshold that is set on a daily basis. We set ours to about 30 failed attempts in a day. Once that occurs the party's number is blocked. I have always suggested, when I come across this problem, for the called party to designate a good time to call. This can eleviate some of the problems due to "excessive attempt blocking". Also call the provider and have your number and who your phone companys name. Check with them to make sure your number is a billable number. If it is not, work out setting up an account with them. You also have the option to change phone companies. Good ones without issues are Verizon, Att, Quest, SentryLink... those we don't have any billing issues with.

My 2 cents
The Following User Says Thank You to Ontaris For This Useful Post:
Aquvasha (05-27-2010)
Old 05-27-2010, 05:37 PM
None Ya

Thank you! I got it worked out and he called me this morning!!!!