Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:01 AM

Angry Parole hold

Hi everyone i am new to this whole process. I have a question if anyone can help me out please. My boyfriend was arrested and he went in front of the parole board and they gave him 6 mths, his 6 mths were up on sunday and he signed his time and everything on thursday but he still has his hold. Is there anything i can do? His po dosent like him 4 no reason at all. Is there a certain time limit that they have to lift the hold by? We are just trying to get the parole hold lifted so he can go to the next county instead of going to prison 1st. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,917 Times in 1,385 Posts

ok if I read this right he has other charges in another county rite? If that is the case he should have wrote the other county's judge 2 tell em he wants 2 transferred there 2 face his charges while he was in there 6 months. I only say this cause my husband did this but they never sent him 2 prison he did his time in the county jail.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:56 AM

Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,467 Posts

The information uyou provided is a bit thin, and it gets complicated when there are multiple prosecutions happening. Here's a good guess:
It sounds like he probably should have done a Penal Code section 1381 speedy trial demand. He could have done that himself from prison.
If he has cases pending in other counties, he may still have trouble with additional parole violations that are still pending (but probably not. They should have dealt with all pending violations.)
Since he has completed his prison time, he'll now be transported on the next warrant hold. If the next jurisdiction declines to transport the hold will be dropped.
The parole hold is probably still in place pending the county's decision regarding whether or not to transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie03 View Post
Hi everyone i am new to this whole process. I have a question if anyone can help me out please. My boyfriend was arrested and he went in front of the parole board and they gave him 6 mths, his 6 mths were up on sunday and he signed his time and everything on thursday but he still has his hold. Is there anything i can do? His po dosent like him 4 no reason at all. Is there a certain time limit that they have to lift the hold by? We are just trying to get the parole hold lifted so he can go to the next county instead of going to prison 1st. Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated thanks in advance
Old 05-26-2010, 02:18 AM

He has submitted the 1381 forms to both the counties but still hasnt got picked up by either of them. We just want him to go and face all the charges so we will know more or less about how much time he will be serving. When he went in front of the parole board. They sentenced him for 6 mths. Then he got took back becasue the other charges came up and then they gave him a full year. But when he went back in front of them. They said he was done with his parole violations and he signed the papers saying he served his time. I just want him to go to the next county so he can face those charges and he can finally be done with it all. He does have a no bail hold for missing court but he was in jail at the time. Could that be the reason that the parole hold is still on?? Once again thanks for the help!!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 AM

Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,467 Posts

Yes, a missed court date creates a hold.

So, now hell wait to see if they transport him to the other counties. That decision is usually made very quickly. If they do want to transport, a wait of 2 weeks to be put on a bus isn't unusual. If he filed 1281 demands, there will be an issue regarding whether the other counties have the ability to prosecute. 1381 is a very technical code section, and everythign has to have gone right in order for it to apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie03 View Post
He has submitted the 1381 forms to both the counties but still hasnt got picked up by either of them. We just want him to go and face all the charges so we will know more or less about how much time he will be serving. When he went in front of the parole board. They sentenced him for 6 mths. Then he got took back becasue the other charges came up and then they gave him a full year. But when he went back in front of them. They said he was done with his parole violations and he signed the papers saying he served his time. I just want him to go to the next county so he can face those charges and he can finally be done with it all. He does have a no bail hold for missing court but he was in jail at the time. Could that be the reason that the parole hold is still on?? Once again thanks for the help!!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:49 PM

Thanks for your help!!!