Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Prison Phones
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Phones Discuss problems, solutions and other issues relating to institutional phone systems here

Old 05-06-2010, 07:16 AM
So in love

Default Adding money to my prepaid GTL acct

I need to add money to my account asap. I really dont want to call them, cause honestly I am just tired of all their lies! I've talked to several different CSR's and I get different answers from all of them!

I know the cheapest way is to send a money order, but that just takes too long and we don't have much $ left on there so I need to add something now. I added money thru Western Union last time because GTL told me it wouldn't cost much doing it that way, that WU only charges about 3 or 4 bucks. Boy were they wrong. It cost me $10 to send 50! WTH?!! I guess that was my fault for believing them and not calling Western Union first.
Anyways, so what are the fees for adding money with a credit/debit card? I would look on their website, but I can't ever find jack on there!

Please any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 AM

there is no charge using a credit card. I a prepaid walmart money credit card. It only cost me $3 to load the card each time. Butgtl has no charge for using it and the money is on the account in 30min.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 AM

Default its almost the same as western union

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsTrueLove4us View Post
I need to add money to my account asap. I really dont want to call them, cause honestly I am just tired of all their lies! I've talked to several different CSR's and I get different answers from all of them!

I know the cheapest way is to send a money order, but that just takes too long and we don't have much $ left on there so I need to add something now. I added money thru Western Union last time because GTL told me it wouldn't cost much doing it that way, that WU only charges about 3 or 4 bucks. Boy were they wrong. It cost me $10 to send 50! WTH?!! I guess that was my fault for believing them and not calling Western Union first.
Anyways, so what are the fees for adding money with a credit/debit card? I would look on their website, but I can't ever find jack on there!

Please any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
if you are talking about GTL ADVANCE PRE PAID ACCOUNT , they charge almost $5.00 ( $4.95 ? ) for $25 deposit , then almost $10 ( $9.95 ? ) for $50 deposit
i have never added money thru western union but almost same fee seems like ...........
i would like by credit / debit card over the phone better because i can conifirm balance right after i deposited it

this is the number to add money
1-800-483-8314

good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loveinnyc118 For This Useful Post:
dmf (05-11-2010), eightakids (05-10-2010)
Old 05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
So in love

Yeah I am talking about a pre paid acct. Those fees are just ridiculous! They are already robbing me with the expensive phone calls, and on top of that getting fees when I add the money! WTH?!!! I guess I just need to stay on top of it and send in money orders before the acct gets too low.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Till death do us part

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,716 Posts

I have a prepaid account, I use a prepaid debit card, from cash advance, since they have no monthly fees and its only 2.00 to reload them..and GTL hasn't charged any additonal charges to add money to the phone, i'bve done it 4 times now, the only thing is you have to add atelast 25.00.

Advance pay is something different, b/c I tried using it once to pay so I wouldn't have to talk to a Rep, but it kept saying I didn't have an account, so I talked to a rep, she was really nice so I asked her and she said that was a different type of account.

I find the most helpful and polite reps first thing in the AM i start calling ASA they open.

Holding it down since 2-23-2008[/color]
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do
Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 PM
So in love

Hisoneandonly, really? I wonder if a greendot card would work the same way. I got one recently, but haven't used it yet. I just added $50 to my GTL acct thru their automated system and it took out almost $10 in fees! That's just plum crazy! So I got a 50.00 money order that I will mail off tomorrow. Its cheaper that way, but it takes awhile for them to get it in CO, and add it to my acct. So hopefully the greendot card will work like your card does.

Thanks for yalls help and info!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:40 PM

I have a pre pay account with GTL and a can pay any amount and never be charged any extra amounts on my debit mastercard. One time i did it on the computer through advancepay and was charged ten dollars( i always check my balance) and you only could add a certain amount and they did credit my account with in 24 hrs when i called. So check and find out which account you have.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Joe'sGirl

I have a question: I have a prepaid account with Global but the prison where my son is recently added phone cards to their comm. so..do I still need to have money on my account with Global or should my son just be able to call me???? The only credit card I have is with my bf's name on it. One guy at global was nice enough to do it for me the first time but now I can't do it unless it's in my name so I really need to know if I need to run out and get some kind of prepaid card. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne36 View Post
I have a question: I have a prepaid account with Global but the prison where my son is recently added phone cards to their comm. so..do I still need to have money on my account with Global or should my son just be able to call me???? The only credit card I have is with my bf's name on it. One guy at global was nice enough to do it for me the first time but now I can't do it unless it's in my name so I really need to know if I need to run out and get some kind of prepaid card. Thanks.
You don't have to put money on your global tel link prepay account anymore if your son can buy a phone card, you can just send him the money to buy the phone card and when he calls the phone will just say it's a prepaid call and you won't be billed..On a positive note you will no longer have to deal with global tel link...=D
Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne36 View Post

Calls are cheaper also if he cals you with his phone card