Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Indiana DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Indiana Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:32 PM

Question Indiana's 3 for 1 time now?!

ok i heard today from a girl whos family member is also in the prison system that Indiana is now doing 3 for 1 time in the DOC's and 2 for 1 on house arrest. All of this because the jails are so over crowded. Has anyone else heard of this?!?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atsgirl89 For This Useful Post:
Maddie49 (05-01-2010), Ridley (01-09-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 12:36 PM
It'll get better in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsgirl89 View Post
ok i heard today from a girl whos family member is also in the prison system that Indiana is now doing 3 for 1 time in the DOC's and 2 for 1 on house arrest. All of this because the jails are so over crowded. Has anyone else heard of this?!?
My Fiancee, who is Rockville, asked me to check on this because she heard the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. Sadly I couldn't find anything on the internet about it and when I called IDOC in Indy They acted like I was speaking french.

Rumor maybe, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:19 PM
moving forward...

Thanked 1,914 Times in 950 Posts

My guy who is at Putnamville heard the same thing...rumor? Maybe not if all our loved ones are hearing the same thing. They need to do something, Indiana is one of the states with the highest growing prison population esp when other states are releasing more offenders.
Also there is a bill where ppl who have been sentenced to prison can bail out, anybody heard anything about this?
Old 05-01-2010, 07:57 PM

The new bill is out there and can be read. It was honestly like jibberish to me, but it did seem that they are approving that home detention get the 2 for one. I couldn't find anything at all about the bail out stuff other than a newspaper article from awhile ago. My best guess...and I HOPE I'm wrong, is that word has gotten around and someone mentioned that home detention will be getting the 2 for one and someone piped up and casually mentioned that that would mean that they would probably bump the DOC time to 3 for one...and now it has spread like wildfire as a true thing. Again, I hope I'm wrong, but it just takes one person speculating to cause a ruckus!

God reminded me of the blessing He gave to all of us, forever, through Paul's letters from prison. God is no stranger to His people being in prison. And he is big enough to bring blessing from it.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Returning Citizen

I used to hear the same rumor over and over again when I was locked up. I feel you guys. Enough is enough. We can turn the tide, but it will take all of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson1776 For This Useful Post:
LBoogie0810 (05-12-2010)
Old 05-02-2010, 07:44 PM

That's the problem though. I think we all want to get things changed, but no one knows where to start! I think if there was a true effort made and people knew exactly what to do then we could make a difference. With peeps having zero knowledge of how everything works, we just sit here and twiddle our thumb hoping that rumors will somehow be true at some point. I think the first thing that needs to happen is a new gov though...that dude needs the boot!

God reminded me of the blessing He gave to all of us, forever, through Paul's letters from prison. God is no stranger to His people being in prison. And he is big enough to bring blessing from it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cycleman6 For This Useful Post:
Jackson1776 (05-28-2010)
Old 05-03-2010, 07:10 PM

Well if so many different prisons have heard that, maybe its true? crossed fingers also!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:36 AM
He loves me so amazingly!

This rumor has been in circulation for literally YEARS. The HB is always introduced (usually by Rep. Vernon Smith) and it always gets shot down.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:05 AM

well it used to be in affect a couple years back but they found out 2 laws contridicted each other...but idk if this many people are hearing it,i hope its true sijd
Old 06-25-2010, 10:16 AM

When my brother was locked up some of thhe guards told him.. joking that if he came back his time would be 3 for 1...... this was back in may....
Old 06-25-2010, 11:03 PM

I'm currently on house arrest in Tippecanoe and they have told us that 2 for 1 only applies to those sentenced after July 1, 2010. They said it was the way the bill was written that they can't give 2 for 1 to those currently serving. I think that is total garbage. I've been emailing some congressmen to see if that is really the way the bill was written. I'm not asking for it to be retroactive, but I want to start receiving good time too starting in July.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Waiting for Him ツ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaDude View Post
I'm currently on house arrest in Tippecanoe and they have told us that 2 for 1 only applies to those sentenced after July 1, 2010. They said it was the way the bill was written that they can't give 2 for 1 to those currently serving. I think that is total garbage. I've been emailing some congressmen to see if that is really the way the bill was written. I'm not asking for it to be retroactive, but I want to start receiving good time too starting in July.

Oh you've made me smile!! Well, as long as I'm understanding what you've wrote. My guy just wrote his judge and asked to be put on house arrest for the remainder of his time so does that mean assuming this would happen next month and he has 3 months 25 days {or whatever my ticker says now} that he'd only have to serve a month and half on house arrest? That would be AWESOME. But does he have to be on probation? Because he isn't going to be... he's actually there for probation violation.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:45 PM

as of january 1st all doc time and community correction time is 3 for 1 as long as you're not a violent offender! my fiancees brother was just senteced to 1 yr doc and 3 yrs community corrections and they have his doc outdate as april 2011 and his community corrections outdate as april 2012 so yep its true!

distance means so little when someone means so much <33
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CandyKane For This Useful Post:
MJDNRP-6885 (01-09-2011), Ridley (01-09-2011)
Old 01-09-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbaby62 View Post
My guy who is at Putnamville heard the same thing...rumor? Maybe not if all our loved ones are hearing the same thing. They need to do something, Indiana is one of the states with the highest growing prison population esp when other states are releasing more offenders.
Also there is a bill where ppl who have been sentenced to prison can bail out, anybody heard anything about this?

Wow i haven't heard of any of this. My fiance is in the plus program there in Putnamville. Maybe I should let him in on this and see what he knows, if he's heard anything. Fingers crossed this is all TRUE!

We reunite: October 23, 2013
Old 01-09-2011, 02:37 PM
It'll get better in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKane View Post
as of january 1st all doc time and community correction time is 3 for 1 as long as you're not a violent offender! my fiancees brother was just senteced to 1 yr doc and 3 yrs community corrections and they have his doc outdate as april 2011 and his community corrections outdate as april 2012 so yep its true!
Is there any link to an article or statement on IDOC's website? I searched and can't seem to find one.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDNRP-6885 View Post
Is there any link to an article or statement on IDOC's website? I searched and can't seem to find one.
I havent really took the time to look it up and search for anything I jus know what community corrections of tippecanoe county told me and know that my fiancees counselor told him that they are doin it but its only for non violent offenders

distance means so little when someone means so much <33
The Following User Says Thank You to CandyKane For This Useful Post:
MJDNRP-6885 (02-10-2011)
Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 PM

My boyfriend is at Edinburgh and they are being told the same thing.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:05 AM
It'll get better in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKane View Post
I havent really took the time to look it up and search for anything I jus know what community corrections of tippecanoe county told me and know that my fiancees counselor told him that they are doin it but its only for non violent offenders
God do I hope this is true. IDOC filed the CTP paperwork for my fiance last month and it was denied (due to too many minor write-ups during her stay with IDOC. She was asking to go to Marion County for CTP.

Then a day later she got legal paperwork from her county.

She has a court date next week, that she has to be at physically. She has no outstanding charges or warrants, and she is in for a non-violent crime.

She was thinking that maybe they are going to put her in work release in her home county. She was thinking this because why would the county spend money on transportation and an officer to pick her up only to bring her back to prison?

Not only that, they had her fill out paperwork that gives me permission to go to the prison and pick up her personals, if she dose not come back. (We both found this to be odd)

But, not to be a "Negative Nancy" I told her not to get her hopes up too high, were dealing with IDOC and they seem to do things "balf hass ackwards"
Old 02-10-2011, 09:55 AM

Hoping this will be a positive thing for you both!