Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:06 PM
LOVE NEVER FAILS

Default My husband was paroled

My husband was paroled in November 2009, so far life is great!

I wanted to wish all of you luck in this sytem that has sucked out our lives and hearts. <--- sucked out my life lol

I have a favor to ask of all of you. I am studying Criminal Justice and I am in my final term... ironic i know... but this class that I am taking is called Research Methods... I am researching the Discrimination of Felons.

I wanted to see if any of you were interested in taking a survey so that i can gather results for this paper.

If you are interested please highlight and paste this link in your browser. The very begining of this describes this paper and confidental info

http://survey.constantcontact.com/su...g7wcz9ws/start

I thank you all for your support when I was sad and lonley... I am still here for your support!! Our journey is not over till they are off paper for good!!

Please remember to support your loved one, no matter how hard you are taking it. They are taking in just as hard, but with them being in and us being out, they have to deal with it in such a way that we may never understand.

I am here to talk about my experiances with CDOC and parole..... its not easy but it beats Community Corrections any day!

If you would like to chat with me you can...
(email address removed per PTO policy) Im on this box every day! lol

Take care all!

Cindy.... you are the one person who helped me the most! I hope you are doing well.!!

HisAngelHisWifeOurLife

Last edited by ben's girl; 04-11-2010 at 08:27 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Blueyes

That's good to hear that your life is going well. Keep your chin up and stay strong.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:59 PM
LOVE NEVER FAILS

Thanks love... its been a long road! I wish it was over. He is finally getting his drivers license ( approved!!!) but its been so hard. I walk with a cane and some times its too hard to drive... but at least now he can lol..

Hope all is well for you as well love! Looks like u have a parole hearing comming up. Wish all the luck to you. Make sure you get in those letters of support befor the hearing and bring a copy with you in case they "cant find it"

HisAngelHisWifeOurLife
Old 04-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Donation Award 

Wow! I am so happy things are going well for you. It is nice to hear that sometimes things do get better.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:43 PM
LOVE NEVER FAILS

They do! You just have to keep your head up and know that things will work out in the end.

HisAngelHisWifeOurLife
Old 04-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAngelHisWife View Post
They do! You just have to keep your head up and know that things will work out in the end.
Congrats sweetie! I'll take the survey but Sean's never really suffered from discrimination as a felon, not work-wise anyway. I do think the DA and justice system discriminate against them for being felons...but that's a story for another day.

I'm glad you are doing well, DOC has come up with new driving restrictions while on parole. Not really new but every parole officer was doing something different so Parole came up with criteria for it. They still haven't posted the new AR yet but I am emailing them and asking for a copy of it. Sean was allowed to drive 2 days after he was paroled in 2007, he just had to have a valid license and insurance. Now I am sure he won't be allowed to drive because his conviction is considered by most to be road rage (forget the fact that he was the one who was attacked and defended himself). I can only hope that they'll at least let him drive at work if he gets his job back.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,528 Times in 3,575 Posts

Advisory for PTO Members Regarding Requests from Journalists & Members of the Media, and Students/Researchers:

PTO welcomes journalists and/or members of the media to learn and educate themselves about prisons, prisoners, and their loved ones, as well as students and researchers doing research on these subjects.

We will, occasionally, allow the media or students/researchers to request information and personal stories from our members. However, PTO does not endorse any journalist, member of the media, story/report, media outlet, student/researcher, or educational/research institution.

If you decide to communicate with a media representative or a researcher, then you assume all of the risks involved. PTO is in no way liable for the outcome of the story/report/paper. Communication with members of the media and students/researchers is completely voluntarily and PTO holds no responsibility for the consequences of that communication.

PTO does not screen or authenticate any person(s) claiming to be from the media or from an educational/research institution, nor does PTO authenticate their motivations for obtaining the information.

As always, the disclosure of personal information (either yours or someone that is incarcerated) may have some serious repercussions. PTO has no way of predicting how the media or any researcher will present your story or that of your loved one. Any relationship with the media or any researchers is to be entered into at your own risk.

If you receive an unsolicited email or private message from a person claiming to be from the media or researching information for an educational or research institution, report it to the PTO Administration immediately.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:10 PM
LOVE NEVER FAILS

Cindy YOU ARE MY HERO! =) You have been here for me when I needed knowledge about what this system puts us through. Im so glad that we met! ANd thank you for taking my survey.

HisAngelHisWifeOurLife