Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Info & Self Surrendering
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Info & Self Surrendering Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:46 PM

Unhappy FTC Oklahoma City

My son has been sent to Oklahoma. Can anyone tell me anything about this transfer point? All of this is new to me and I don't know where he will be located. I live in Louisiana

Thanks for any info I am stressing out,
Merrydale3
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,904 Times in 4,377 Posts

The Oklahoma Transfer Center is in El Reno, Oklahoma. It's uncertain how long he'll be there until transferred to his designated facility. So it's a time to be patient, find some fun things to do while waiting, and eventually he'll get to his "final" destination. Then you can start learning about that facility here on PTO! Hang in there! Z.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:08 PM

Last time my husband was transferred he was there for about 3 weeks, he said the food was really decent, but the downside was there was no commissary so no extras. Hopefully he won't have to wait long, my husband said they waited until they got a certain number of people together and put them on a bus to his next destination. He got there on a Thursday and waited thru two weeks then left out on the next Monday. As Zelda said be patient it can stress you big time if you let it, and my husband is in Yazoo City Medium if that's where your son ends up feel free to ask me anything. I rarely run into Yazoo City'ers on here. He was in USP Atlanta before that, but that's more of a transfer place also, not many new people actually go there and stay there long.
The Following User Says Thank You to badwsc For This Useful Post:
Zelda50 (04-05-2010)
Old 04-07-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwsc View Post
Last time my husband was transferred he was there for about 3 weeks, he said the food was really decent, but the downside was there was no commissary so no extras. Hopefully he won't have to wait long, my husband said they waited until they got a certain number of people together and put them on a bus to his next destination. He got there on a Thursday and waited thru two weeks then left out on the next Monday. As Zelda said be patient it can stress you big time if you let it, and my husband is in Yazoo City Medium if that's where your son ends up feel free to ask me anything. I rarely run into Yazoo City'ers on here. He was in USP Atlanta before that, but that's more of a transfer place also, not many new people actually go there and stay there long.

Hi girls...My husband was just transferred to FTC Oklahoma, it's been like 2 weeks, but I haven't received a phone call or letter from him. Are they uncommunicated while they're there?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Donation Award 

My son was able to call when he was in FTC Oklahoma--he had to have money on his inmate account to use.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:06 AM

We talked a lot while he was there cause we knew he wasn't going to be there long and they start your phone minutes over everytime you move, that was one of the really nice things about him being there.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 PM

wow...i'm really starting to worry now... I called to see if he's in disciplinary segragation, but they gave me no info. He should have money in his account...so I don't know what's going on.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:46 PM

You can keep going to bop.gov and checking the inmate locater everyday, it will tell you on the day that they move them where he's being moved too. Just keep checking it b/c he may already have moved. Also if he just entered the system then sometimes they go thru like a lock down stage for the first 6 weeks or so while they adjust to confinement. When my husband first went in it was like that in Atlanta and he was only able to get out for about 1/2 to 1 hour a day to shower and use the phone and sometimes then the lines would be too long to try and use the phone and it was also real early in the morning. Just keep the faith, it will be okay. Also he may be waiting to get his phone list approved?? Also if he's in an adjustment phase he could be getting out real early in the morning at like 6 or 7 am and may not want to call and wake you up that early. Also the number is more than likely going to show up as unavailable or unknown on your caller id like a telemarketer or something, so make sure you answer all numbers like that just in case. See it could seriously be a million things? Try your best to remain calm, cause I imagine your son is perfectly fine and would not want you stressed out this much. This part too shall pass.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 AM

Thanks for the info ladies. We have been waiting and waiting for a transfer. Finally today the locator says FTC Oklahoma. I am soooooo happy. Hopefully it won't be long before I hear from him and before he gets to his final destination but at least this is a forward step in the process. I CANT WAIT TO HEAR FROM HIM WHENEVER IT IS.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:40 AM

My husband just got to the transfer center in Oklahoma yesterday. They told him all his numbers went with him. He was a transfer from one FCI and going to another. They had told him it would take 24 hours for him to use the phone and when he got up this morning he called me at 6:45am so the phone was on. It was still a prepaid collect call so if they have money then he will be able to call. He said he will be there for 1 to 3 weeks. If anyone has any questions just PM me and I will be happy to try and answer them.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingson View Post
My son was able to call when he was in FTC Oklahoma--he had to have money on his inmate account to use.

my husband was just moved from atlanta to oklahoma ftc .... he had money on his accout from the previous prison .... will that money follow him or do i need to set up a new accout for this facility .... i use access corrections to make all of my deposits for him does this facility accept access corrections?
thank you ....please help
Old 02-06-2012, 04:48 AM

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,177 Times in 2,539 Posts

His money will follow him. If you're talking about the fed. prison in Atlanta, the money will follow him immediately. If a county jail, etc., it might take a couple of weeks to catch up with him but it will follow.

Here's a link to the BOP page that has the information about how to send money.

Inmate Money
Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 PM

Ladonna, these times of transitions and movement from one facility to the next is very stressful for families. Hang in there. Keep asking your good questions and coming here for support. It helped me greatly last year with my brother.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Account Closed

My nephew's dad was sentenced here in Oklahoma but on federal charges and got transferred to Leavenworth Kansas federal prison but he went first to a transfer facility in Chickasha which I think is by El Reno. He was able to call and write from there. He wasn't there long but it was more than a week. He said it wasn't too bad.