Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Prison Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Mail All discussions relating to Prison & Jail Mail.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:32 PM

Red face Letters - I am running out of things to write about.

So this is gunna prolly seem a lil sad but im starting to run outta things to talk bout when it comes to sending letters!!!! UGH!!! i just feel bad cuz i use to write really long letters to my bf and now it takes me several days to writes one thats several pages long. it prolly doesnt help that i really dont go out and do alot cuz where i live there isnt much to do and all that i really do it stuff around the house and go to work. just not much going on so it leaves me with nothing to really talk. anyone hav any suggestions!?! really apprieciate any resonses!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 05:50 PM

My best friend is in the same situation! crazy! But, he tells her that he would rather hear all about her boring day than not hear anything at all. So just keep on writing!
The Following User Says Thank You to chiefster For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (02-22-2010)
Old 02-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Missing My Love

I have that problem sometimes too when I don't really go anywhere or do anything but I'll just write what I did that day. What time I woke up, what I watched, what the kids did, anything funny I saw or heard and just elaborate on that. It's not very exciting for him to read but even my boring everyday life is a little mental escape for him. If not I can write really long letters about our past and old times, all the funny, romantic, or crazy times we've had.
So I hope that helps
but I won't give up
"

It's FOREVER baby!!
The Following User Says Thank You to baby_ bird For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 08:45 PM

Hey, I find when I can't write, I look up jokes, (the day brightners here are awesome) and he likes them, I write to him like he's right there, he finds it great but sometimes (like last cple weeks) I just have not been able to write, another good thing you can do is the couple's "gettin to know your man" questions, they are in the bf/husband section, they take up a lot of space and give you's something to talk about.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waitingheart For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (02-22-2010), decoprincess (02-22-2010), LoveBuggy (03-03-2010)
Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Love over Fear
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,249 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingheart View Post
Hey, I find when I can't write, I look up jokes, (the day brightners here are awesome) and he likes them, I write to him like he's right there, he finds it great but sometimes (like last cple weeks) I just have not been able to write, another good thing you can do is the couple's "gettin to know your man" questions, they are in the bf/husband section, they take up a lot of space and give you's something to talk about.
That's what I've been doing and I've only been doing this since Jan 15th. I also carry post cards (all he can get in jail) in purse, so I'll write the date at the top then if I do something I write the time and say " just sniffed the apples while at the market to make sure they were fresh"
He knows I can be very silly.
The Following User Says Thank You to decoprincess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Till death do us part

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,716 Posts

When I have this problem, which is getting more and more often. I just sent him some intresting things out of th elocal paper (so he can keep up with home news) Go online and look up couple surverys or pull the quizzes out of cosmo :P (he likes them lol).
Somedays I hardly write more than "typical boring day here. Love you teddybear"...I had to stop mailing the letters everyday b/c he said he liked longer (and I can't blame him) letters.

Holding it down since 2-23-2008[/color]
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do
The Following User Says Thank You to Hisoneandonly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Account Closed

I am having this same problem. I decided to just send him poems or I am going to write lyrics of songs that makes me think about him.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Super Duper Admin

PTO Diamond Award Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,801 Times in 3,410 Posts

One time we started a crazy story, I would write a small chapter and then he would write one back. We spelt all the names backwards. My name became Airtlek. We had about 15 chapters eventually, and it was the craziest thing you ever read.

PTO Administrator

Be the kind of WOMAN that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says

"OH NO SHE'S AWAKE"

Please dont breed or buy while millions of unwanted pets die. Adopt a pet instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keltria For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (02-23-2010)
Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Dreaming about a future

I have thad this problem to lately. Sending like 3 letters a week aint easy.
I liked that idea about making up a storie=)

I have Fibromyalgia so I don´t work nor study at the moment, so there´s not that many things that´s going on here that I can write about.

I love getting his letter though, he always comesup with things to write,and he always makes me smile. I just want my letters to him to make him feel as great as his letters makes me feel.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Tezzyc For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (02-23-2010)
Old 02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Devoted Wife
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,517 Posts

I haven't run out of things to talk about because I can always come to PTO and get some suggestions. Some months back, someone on here suggested leaving each letter with 3 questions for him to answer, and then he answers and asks 3 questions back. We have been doing this since October and it really opened up a lot of room for dialogue, discussion, debate, and getting to know each other on different levels. I really appreciated that suggestion.
NY/NJ/CT Support Conference Call 9/11/2012 8:30PM-9:30PM
Send PM for more info
The Following User Says Thank You to MissVal1920 For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (02-25-2010)
Old 02-24-2010, 09:14 PM

i have that problem too but lately i have been writing about my bad day or days at work to nick and it helps me vent all my aggression. im sorry i hope this helps
Old 02-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,803 Times in 837 Posts

I think everyone hits this problem at some point. You know writing every week and sometimes more than once is pretty hard to maintain.

Anyways I use the questions thing that was mentioned earlier after getting the idea from someone else on PTO. He really likes that and I think he has used it to ask some questions that maybe he might have had little diifculty asking out of the blue. That makes for interesting conversation answering the questions and then asking a few more back.

I also talk about stupid stuff you know like where the seasons are at, what is happening in my garden, articles I read in a magazine, films that I saw advertised that I will probably never get to see. I tell him about walks on the beach and walks around the store looking for fruit and vegetables! I am sure he will love whatever you write and the trick is to just keep going. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:57 AM

I tell BigDaddy EVERYTHING that I do, we've even got to the point where in the middle of a letter we write BRB gotta pee lol we are so open with each other but its alright...lol

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chainsonmyheart For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (02-26-2010), ilove_mont (02-27-2010), Stephen's girl (05-12-2010), urXXBabyXXGirl (05-12-2010)
Old 02-26-2010, 08:03 AM

yeah i know what you mean. it gets that way. I am feeling that way w my guy right now because we spend so much time on the phone..its like i say everything that I need to say on the phone so its hard to think of something to write w out repeating myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lovingme1st For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (02-26-2010)
Old 02-27-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsonmyheart View Post
I tell BigDaddy EVERYTHING that I do, we've even got to the point where in the middle of a letter we write BRB gotta pee lol we are so open with each other but its alright...lol

We do the same exact thing... haha... But whenever I do get to a point where I run out of things to say, I may send him a cute card or lyrics, ect. He never gets tired of pics! I can send him a 5 line letter, but if pics are included, he pretty satisfied... esp. the hott ones! Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to ilove_mont For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (02-27-2010)
Old 02-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Banned

Location: Portland for now,then be4 my hunny gets out I'll go back to Indiana!

I feel you! I used to write long letters, but since I write about everyday, i tell him how much I love him and all the gud stuff! hahaha

I dont do anything either, so ehh.. Boring life! lol
Old 02-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Donation Award 

I had this at one point because some weeks I have a hectic on and then I will have a period where things are just dead and I don't have much going on so I just throw in a question which will get him thinking and generally from that he will ask me a bunch to get my view on things. The other thing I started doing was when I send him a book, I get myself the same one so we can read it at he same time and then discuss it which is good because we see things differently.

I would suggest just mixing it up and not every letter has to be an essay. Sometimes I write a book and other times it's just a page and a half. I know my baby is just happy to get a letter from, he isn't fussed about how long it is.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:56 AM
...I walk the line

I feel the same way. I want to write hime daily or at least 3 times a week and I want to tell him everything that has happened. But unfortunately there is not much going on here and I do not know what I should/could write all the time. I'm sure he would not be angry with short letters (the main thing is that I ever write) but it pi**es me...
Because of that I try to find alternatives that I can send him. Of course I'll tell him all the stuff that happened during the day but I also send him short stories, quotes...everything I think he could/would like...

Well, this is not like a 'real' letter, but at least a letter. And he has something do read/do..

...because you're mine, I walk the line!
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Meeow For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (03-02-2010)
Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Donation Award 

we currently have a naughty story going on where i write a page of what i would do then he would write a page back (with my story on the front of the paper) saying what he will do next.... it is already getting super long LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to waiiting4him For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (03-09-2010)
Old 05-11-2010, 09:29 PM

I typically receive his letter on Thursdays, and I write him Friday and mail my letter to him on Saturday. He usually receives my letter on Monday or Tuesday. And because I respond to his letter I always have things to write. He is pretty good about keeping the conversation going, he always has good topics, he will write questions that I must answer and send back. He writes me poems, and since i cant write poems I send him lyrics of songs that make me think of him. It also helps that we lost track of each other for 12 years (he was my hs crush and after graduation we lost track of each other, we have this 2nd chance and we plan on making the best of it). We are getting reaquianted and we write each other every week, and because of this time seems to be flying by for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to gabbyscu For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (05-12-2010)
Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsonmyheart View Post
i do this lmao
The Following User Says Thank You to hischubchub For This Useful Post:
celtic_lily13 (05-12-2010)
Old 05-11-2010, 09:57 PM

Thanked 9,510 Times in 3,730 Posts

write stories, fantasies, dreams, even the everyday mundane things. I finally realized that my guy just wants a paper that says I love him each and every day so I write even about cooking, walking the dogs, and I send pictures of even just streets, flowers, anything and then I write a big giant paragraph on how much I love him. That makes him smile.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:15 PM
~*~ Unbreakable ~*~

I try to remember that even though my day seems monotonous and uneventful, it can be a breath of fresh air to my man, who doesn't get to experience the little things anymore. Somedays I vent about work, friends, everything...as if he were at home waiting for me to come home and tell him about my day. If my day is uneventful and I don't want to talk about it, I write about our past and our memories. If I am out of ideas...I send pages of jokes from the internet or print articles from our local paper.

~ The Mrs. ~ 02~19~11 to Forever ~

Old 05-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Missing my baby

We go through this too sometimes we have TONS to say and sometimes our letters are short. As long as they get the point across he'll be glad to hear from you no matter how short I include riddles, jokes, the details of my boring day, how I almost tackled the post lady because she didn't have any mail for me, I send pictures of goofy things. I'm always on the hunt to find things to send him to make him smile

HOLDFAST BABY!!!

~Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.