Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Minnesota DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Minnesota Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:24 AM

Default Plymouth workhouse

Where do I go to ask questions about the Plymouth MN workhouse?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 11:16 AM

Default I have been thier a while ago na will be their again soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopeblack View Post
Where do I go to ask questions about the Plymouth MN workhouse?
Hey, The only place to go is in person and get the information on site. you can call the the county records 348-2000 and they will connect with the right info

the workhouse it self I will tell you a little of what i know

their is 2 wings and the gym. Each wing is 3 tiers and holds about 700-1000 in each wing. The gym I have heard has been turned into a Dorm living due to over crowding. No A tier is for the people that do not have jobs and ar etheir to serve their time. B Tier is for the people that have Jobs that the city has provided IE Cook, dishwasher, laundry, ground maintenance. and couple others.. The Workhouse is a 24 hour a day loud place that is full a mismatch of crimes that can range in sentence of 1 day to 1 year

The Third place is called Huberts Law section it is a building off of the main workhouse where people who have Private sector Jobs go. They sleep their and leave for work.. Last I heard it cost inmate 15 dollars a day to stay their. This is the best way to do work house time for this is the most minimum security.. The main building of workhouse was the first Federal Prison in Minnesota and was retired way back when and is now owned by the Pillsbury company(Private company)

I hope this helps and I will check back to see if their is anything else I can do to help you !

Last edited by Rocknstomp; 02-28-2010 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-31-2011, 03:19 PM

I am scheduled to go to the workhouse in Plymouth this weekend from Friday night to Monday morning....Im just wondering what to expect. Ive never been and Im a lil nervous.....Can anyone tell me for example: R U in a room all day? Where do you eat your meals? Is there TV? Books? Do they have you do jobs there during the day to occupy your time? Any information anyone can give would be great.