Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:14 PM

Post Inmate Trust Fund-how to check the balance in an account

Just some information for you ladies that might help out. I noticed a lot of you had questions about money, money orders and inmate accounts so I wanted to share some info...
If you want to check how much money an inmate has in his account you can call 1-866-209-7250.. (it's an automated service) all you need is his DC# and it will tell you how much he has left on his card, when the last payment posted, and how much it was for. It's updated everyday! Also you can leave a message with your name and address requesting Deposit Forms (if you plan on sending a money order to a non-private camp they are required with the money order) They sent me about 15.

Hope this helps!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to patientlywaitng For This Useful Post:
amickeyfan (01-30-2010), DarrellsGirl (06-25-2012), Embalmer (02-06-2010), justcurious2009 (01-31-2010), Kimi06 (02-11-2010), ladyraven30 (01-24-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patientlywaitng View Post
Just some information for you ladies that might help out. I noticed a lot of you had questions about money, money orders and inmate accounts so I wanted to share some info...
If you want to check how much money an inmate has in his account you can call 1-866-209-7250.. (it's an automated service) all you need is his DC# and it will tell you how much he has left on his card, when the last payment posted, and how much it was for. It's updated everyday! Also you can leave a message with your name and address requesting Deposit Forms (if you plan on sending a money order to a non-private camp they are required with the money order) They sent me about 15.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:28 AM

Thanks for the number, I wondered if there was a way I could check his account!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:46 PM

Thanks! I knew I was able to check his account if I wanted to, but didn't realize I could order more deposit slips I was going to ask my son to send some next time I spoke to him, this just saved me a stamp (since I supply them to him LOL).
Old 01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
missin my babe so much

My friends man is locked up too and I gave her the number the other day. Her man did not know she could check his balance. Well he asked her to send him money because he didn't have any, So she called to see how much was there...BUSTED! He did have money in his account, and more then what she thought.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 AM
Dawn loves Michael always

Heh! Gotta love it! Michael loved for me to check, especially when he got an outside gate job. Limited time to go to the canteen so I would check to see if the money had hit and let him know when he called.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Donation Award 

I couldn't check for mine. He is at a private facility so does that make a difference?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,489 Times in 3,666 Posts

Yes. You won't be able to check his balance any longer through DOC. You might be able to obtain the info directly from the facility, but when Ben was at a private facility they treated it like a personal bank account. They wouldn't tell me anything. They wouldn't even tell me if they rec'd the money order or not. Private facilities are very different from DOC. Doesn't hurt to call and ask what, if any, information you can obtain.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare
Old 08-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Default Looking for phine number

Does anyone know the 800# to call and check the inmates balance in his account? I had it at one time and can not find it now.
Thanks
Renee
Old 08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,489 Times in 3,666 Posts

I've moved your post to this thread. It has the information you are looking for.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare
Old 05-20-2012, 08:55 PM

Default How to check balances

I was in line a few weeks ago for a visit. I overheard someone say they check the balance of their loved one's account. I am in FL and we use Jpay. I can't figure out how to do it. My man is not one to ask for money until he has went weeks and weeks without. Then when he finally does I am not in the position to help. So if I could keep tabs on what he has it would make the next 13 months smooth. Any info would be helpful.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:22 PM

To check a balance for Fldoc call 1-866-209-7250 press 1 and then enter the DC#.The automated service will give you the current balance and the last deposit information.I hope this helps you.
MariSanti (06-01-2012), mominFL (07-12-2012)
Old 05-20-2012, 11:35 PM

How can you check the balance for Alabama DOC.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:46 PM

How can check balances in Houston Texas

God Makes No Mistakes !!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:19 PM

Thanks Lavender19. I won't tell u I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Jpay and got nowhere. This is exactly what I needed and it worked. Prison Talk is the bomb.com. Thanks again!!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,276 Times in 970 Posts

Each state may or may not have the ability to check balances. That phone number above isn't a service through jpay...it's a Florida DOC hotline that connects to a FL DOC computer.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Stalking the mailman.....

That number will not work if your LO is in a private run facility in FL. Just so you know!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Love Dont Run<3

Glad you posted this

It made me curious... I was wondering if any of my hubby "chickenheads" that were after him when he was out here were sendin him anything behind my back. I checked, and nope.. just me.

Before anyone says anything - I do trust my man.. but just like any normal female I have the little voice & curiosity in the back of my head!

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
The Following User Says Thank You to tripsgirl For This Useful Post:
Mrs*Axeslinger (05-22-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 10:36 PM

LOL @ Tripsgirl. I don't have an issue with these chicken heads sending my man money or packages. The more they do the less I have to. That way I can focus on keeping food on the table and my mind is at ease knowing he is not needing for anything.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Love Dont Run<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingHim19 View Post
LOL @ Tripsgirl. I don't have an issue with these chicken heads sending my man money or packages. The more they do the less I have to. That way I can focus on keeping food on the table and my mind is at ease knowing he is not needing for anything.
My mom even mentioned that to me. She said I need to let him write whoever he wants so he can get what he needs out of them. She used to be in federal prison so she knows what it's like. I dunno how comfortable I am with that. Of course he's gonna have to write them and make them think he's interested or else they wont send anything - definitely not cool with knowing he's writing other females.
He told me he isn't gonna write ANYONE cause he doesn't want it to cause problems with us - I'm cool with that! LOL.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:14 PM

I have a question someone told me that everyday they are there a get a 2$ fee n when you put money in the account a big chunk will be taken off - is this true?

N + J !!!

"I knew it from the moment I saw you."
Old 07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,276 Times in 970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumamita05 View Post
I have a question someone told me that everyday they are there a get a 2$ fee n when you put money in the account a big chunk will be taken off - is this true?
If you use jpay to deposit money, jpay charges a fee for their service and takes it as a fee off of the top of the deposit. Western Union also charges similar fees. You can send money by mail via a money order at no charge.

I've never heard of that $2/day fee you mention and to my knowledge my husband has never been charged anything like that (and I'd know).

ETA: Just did some research - Polk County Jail charges a $2/day of inmates. But the state does not.

Last edited by NAN425; 07-23-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 PM
GOTTISGURL

orange county jail charges fee per day and initil fifteen dollar booking fee when they first are arrested but not in prison
Old 07-24-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
If you use jpay to deposit money, jpay charges a fee for their service and takes it as a fee off of the top of the deposit. Western Union also charges similar fees. You can send money by mail via a money order at no charge.

I've never heard of that $2/day fee you mention and to my knowledge my husband has never been charged anything like that (and I'd know).

ETA: Just did some research - Polk County Jail charges a $2/day of inmates. But the state does not.
ok thanx i know j pay charged me like 7$ they were tripping lol but whatever i put only like 30$ horrible i know but its something till next week he hasnt gotten no money the last 5 months he been there from anyone and we just go reconnected like 3 weeks ago so i know hes supper happy i bought the food he requested thru the package and i will deff send in a money order than do i put his name and dc on it i guess so no one can jus take it ? its only like .69 cents in publix to get a money order.

& yes i know here in dade county my friend told me they charge like 2$ a day

N + J !!!

"I knew it from the moment I saw you."
Old 07-25-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumamita05 View Post
ok thanx i know j pay charged me like 7$ they were tripping lol but whatever i put only like 30$ horrible i know but its something till next week he hasnt gotten no money the last 5 months he been there from anyone and we just go reconnected like 3 weeks ago so i know hes supper happy i bought the food he requested thru the package and i will deff send in a money order than do i put his name and dc on it i guess so no one can jus take it ? its only like .69 cents in publix to get a money order.

& yes i know here in dade county my friend told me they charge like 2$ a day
Remember, money orders have to be sent with Deposit Form DC2-303 to Tallahassee. It can take a while to get deposited.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/funds.html#2

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/Facilities/info/deposit.html