Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado DOC - What You Need to Know > Colorado Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Colorado Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Colorado prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Exclamation Bent County - anyone getting calls?

So have any of you heard from your loved ones this week? The last time I heard from my hubby was Sunday evening. He calls me everyday so when I didn't hear from him again last night I figured something was going on. I did call DOC and they are not on lockdown however it does appear that their phone system is down. When you call the facility all you get is the automated system but when you choose an option all it does is ring. I let DOC know about this because they were not aware there were any problems. Even the lady I spoke to this afternoon tried calling them on the main number and all it did was ring for her too. She did say that they have the cell phone numbers for the facility and will inquire tomorrow as to what is going on and I can check back with her about it. She said that if anyone has an emergency and cannot get through to the prison to call DOC and they will be sure to get the message to your loved one either through the chaplain or case manager.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

I talked to Sean on Monday night but he's out of phone time now until tomorrow night. He's been calling a lot more than usual, just trying to catch up on the missed phone calls when I was unemployed.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:36 PM

As far as I know Cindy BCCF is the only one having issues with the phone system. It is just driving me crazy. Anytime I don't hear from Brent I worry something has happened to him and it's ten times worse since he is so close to coming home!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:43 AM

I just saw your post after i posted one asking what was going on there. One of our girls was there on Wednesday for a hearing on Wednesday and was told that they had been on Lockdown since Monday because of a fight. Nick and i have set times for calls and he has missed two. I hate this!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:48 AM

Ok i called and had no problem getting through. They Have been on a facility wide lockdawn since Monday and still are...UGH!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:10 AM

I wonder why everytime I call nobody answers the phone...I have chose master control, the chaplain etc. Mmm...wierd...especially since the main DOC says they are not on lockdown when I talked to them yesterday...this whole system is corrupt!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 AM

I just pushed 0 and got the operator, She sounded hesitant to tell me that they were on lockdown but i straight out asked her. From what i understand they are having problems with the same gangs that AVCF was having problems with earlier in the month. I'm hoping for at least a letter today also, Nick is terrible about writting but he knows i will be going crazy with worry after not talking to him all week.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Well I am glad they are finally answering the phone...I tried every option and got nothing but ringing...it made me so mad that's why I finally called CDOC yesterday afternoon...they are horrible about telling you when they are lockdown...they act like it's some kind of secret...the crazy thing is that it's not listed on the CDOC website which is horrible for anyone that may be going there for visitation this weekend...Brent hasn't been that great about writing either but he usually does get at lease one letter out to me when they are on lockdown...he is so funny because he gets all worked up if I don't send him a jpay letter when they are on lockdown...lol...well I hope both of us get mail today!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:17 AM

yea,this was a big mail week for Nick with Christmas and his birthday next week, I better get something. even if it's just a hi honey i'm ok.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:35 PM

Well no mail for me today...boohooo....maybe tomorrow...it would be nice if they would just let them out hell its the holidays and the kids are dying to talk to daddy...
Old 12-18-2009, 09:10 AM

Default Off lockdown!!!

Our guys are off lockdown!!!!....I just got off the phone with Brent...he said the fight was huge...one of the biggest he has seen since he's been locked up...he said you could cut through the tension with a knife on monday before the fight broke out...I am just glad he is okay...we are down to 68 days and he will be back home with me and the kids...wooohooo!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:42 AM

Oh god i hope my man is ok and didn't get involved.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:25 PM

Have you heard from you man yet? I talked to Brent twice today it was so nice to finally hear his voice again...it is so hard not to worry about him and it is ten times worse when they are on lockdown...I hope all is well with your hubby and you hear from him soon
Old 12-19-2009, 04:11 PM

He called last night. I can't wait till he is home. He should be calling again tonight,I can't believe how much i missed the sound of his voice.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:55 PM

Exclamation Update on standdown and possible lockdown again!

Just wanted to let you all know that if your loved one isn't able to make a call to you before 730pm you won't hear from him...I talked to Brent twice today and the standdown lockdown means they lock them up at 730 and dont let them back out until the morning...they are separating all of the guys even when going to chow so it is crazy in there...Brent said that the CO's told him if the gangs keep misbehaving they will go on full lockdown for 3-4 weeks...so if you all of a sudden don't hear from your loved one it means a long time before we hear from them on the phone again...
Old 12-19-2009, 08:37 PM

he called around 6 and told me about the early lockdown. I'm worried about him. We are going to visit next weekend for Christmas and his birthday. I hope all this wont mean that visits are cancelled.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:39 PM

He was able to call around 6. If they go on lockdown again will visits be cancelled?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:10 AM

Yes if they go on lockdown visits will be canceled....they will be in their cells 24 hours a day for 3-4 weeks...over the summer they were locked down for just over two weeks and never even let them shower once...Brent said it is very tense there and he wouldnt be surprised if they go on lockdown this week before Christmas...I wouldn't make any plans that are set in stone regarding visiting this next weekend until it is closer...otherwise you will be out money
Old 12-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

They had a gang fight at BV last month, it started on Friday in the chow hall. They cancelled visitation for the rest of the weekend and locked everyone down for 6 days. It's very nerve-wracking but at least they would answer the phone when we called and tell us they were still locked down.

The next weekend they allowed everyone to visit every day to make up for missing visits the previous weekend. It was really nice of them but no way I'd drive down there 3 days in a row...

Holidays are very stressful for the offenders especially the new ones. I think that's when reality really sets in for them.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:48 PM

UGH!!!! I hate how they can take away from everyone because of someone elses actions. This is not his first time away for the holidays but for us as a family it is. I don't know how he will react if he loses his visit with the kids for Christmas and his birthday. Actually i don't know how the kids will react either. Guess i will just pray and hope that we can see him next weekend
Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 PM

I hope so too...when I talked to Brent tonight he said things were not getting any better and the guards were pushing for a 30 day lockdown...i guess the gangs aren't settling down at all and there is a lot of talk about another big fight breaking out...not good...he said for me not to be surprised if i didn't hear from him tomorrow...which means they are on a long lockdown...for all of our sakes i pray that doesn't happen...i wanted to try and surprise him and visit this weekend for christmas...guess i will be waiting to see what happens too...
Old 12-21-2009, 07:23 AM

I'm going to just sit and cry. Being able to see him this weekend was something that the kids really wanted. It's hard enough without him but not having the option to see him is horrible
Old 12-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

They know who these people are, I am sure they have classed them as STG. Why don't they just move them into one unit and lock them all down and leave everyone else alone? Maybe once these selfish asses figure out they aren' disrupting facility operations, they will stop it. I swear the security people at the prisons are stupid to give into them...they are totally manipulative.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:43 PM

well as of ten o clock last night they were not on lockdown. Just keep praying that it stays this way.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Now all we have to do is worry about the weather....