Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Jersey Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New Jersey should be posted here.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Donation Award 

Default Talbot Hall Information

******CURRENT LIST AS OF JUNE 3 2011******

Don't know where I should post this, so I'm just posting in the main forum. If the mods feel fit to move it, so be it.

Talbot Hall (Hudson County)
Assessment & Treatment Center
Sheila Leonardo, Director
100-140 Lincoln Highway
Kearny, NJ 07029
(973) 589-1114
www.cecintl.com

-It was pretty easy to get to, right off exit 15E on the Turnpike. On the right hand side as soon as you get off.

My fiance was just transferred to Talbot Hall on Tuesday and I have been trying to gather as much information as I possibly can. I will post at a later date to this thread about visitation once I have my first visit. BTW, they don't get a visit the first weekend they are there, you have to wait until the next weekend. I will give you all the information I have on visits further down on this post. So the black-out period is only no visit the first weekend they are there. They can have phone calls and letters immediately.

What you can bring to them/What they can have.

-7 jeans/pants
-7 shirts total (could be colored tee shirts/polo shirt/button down's etc.)
Shirts or any clothes for that matter, can not be red or blue (gang colors) and they cannot have anything violent on them. I had a tee shirt that I bought from old navy with a skull that had headphones on it, they wouldn't let him have it! So be careful about those kind of things.
-1 coat
-1 hoodie
-1 sweat suit
-3 foot wear (sneakers/boots/shoes)
-1 Shower Shoes
-2 belts
-6 socks
-6 underwear
-6 white tee shirts
- Any thermal shirts even if they are color other than white is considered under clothes. I don't know if it counts as white tee shirts.
-3 Towels
-3 Wash clothes
-1 Twin size sheet set (although they can't use them during the week for counts. They have to have state issued sheets on the bed)
-1 Blanket - no Comforters (again, can't use during the week for counts. They have to use state issued blanket)
-Lotion
-Deodorant
-Toothbrush
-Toothpaste
-brush/comb
-hair ties ( My guy has a ponytail!-He's an old hippie! LOL)
-nail clippers
-Razors
-Battery operated razors (no electric or rechargable)
-Shaving cream
-Q-tips
-No mouthwash
-No powder
-No batteries
-Nothing with alcohol in it.
-they can have cough drops, but not candy
-ear plugs (for sleeping cause it's loud there)
-10 packs of cigarettes every two weeks (no rollies allowed)
-Lighters and or matches (I brought both just in case, he was allowed to keep both)
-$50 max on him (if he is found to have even 1 cent over he will be in trouble.) You can drop off cash or a money order.
-black pens
-paper
-stamps
-net laundry bag (important for doing his laundry)
-books/magazines (I dropped him off a hard cover book) (no violence)
-cd player-battery operated (you can send him open cd's just have to be originals no boot leg or copies you have made)
-he's allowed 12 pictures
-watch (he had to have the CO approve)
-I asked if he could have a wallet and they told me there's no need for one.

I think that's everything on what they can have/can't have list. If I find out any more information I will post it to this thread.

Phones:

-They use PCS phone system.
-The phones come on at 8:00am and go off at 11:00pm.
-There are no timed calls, so no more 60 second lady! Woo Hoo! You can stay on as long as you like.
-You can set up an account by either calling PCS (you must call from the phone number that you are setting up) at 1-888-847-3206 or 1-888-288-9879. The second number is their customer service line. Or you can set up your account online at www.pcsdailydial.com.
-For me, I set up a Vonage account with a local number to Newark and the first night he was there he called me and we talked for 25 minutes. My call was $2.18! Yay!
-By the way they CAN call as soon as they get there, so try to set up your account before they are moved or at least that day. If you want a call right away that is.

Visits:

-They cannot have visits the first weekend that they are there. They can have them the next weekend. Make sure your "resident" puts in his visit slip ASAP.

-You can visit only one weekend day during the winter, Saturday OR Sunday not both days..

-Visit hours are 11:00am - 4:00pm for weekend visit.

-There are vending machines if you want to purchase anything. You can bring in money for the vending machines in clear plastic bag.

-You can bring in one pack of cigarettes to smoke at visit. They call a smoke break at some point during visit and you can go outside at that time.

-Monday night visits: 7:00pm-9:00pm. The first 1 hour you have to sit in a family counselling session. The next hour is visit. If you bring children, the resident sits with the children from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.

-Actual experience at visit has yet to happen for me and when I visit next weekend I will update this thread as to what to expect, where to park, where to go, how many people are there, what time to get there, etc. . .

- A lot of people said that when they called there they got a lot of attitude and didn't get the information they wanted. I on the other hand talked to a very nice lady, she was very helpful and I even called right back to her because I forgot something. She did have to put me on hold once to take another call, but she came back to me rather quickly and continued our call. The guard when I went to drop off this things was very nice also. So I, so far, have had a good experience with Talbot.

-Times to drop off things: I was told from 8:30am on. I got there around 6:00 or 6:30pm and had no trouble at all. It was a Wednesday night.

-They do have commissary there, they just cannot keep food items at their bunks. No eating allowed at their bunks. They have to use the vending machines for snacks if they want and eat it in the cafeteria. That's why they need the $50 cash.

I hope I was able to answer most of your questions. As I said, I will update this post as I learn new information. Good Luck to you all!

Last edited by bean123; 06-03-2011 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: UPDATE LIST, CURRENT AS OF JUNE 3 2011
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Inspiration For This Useful Post:
almstthre (08-07-2010), bean123 (11-29-2009), gia1955 (06-10-2011), KeyLime44 (11-29-2009), MSDIMPLES84 (01-25-2013), reasonpq (05-20-2011), RookzWife (11-30-2009), tonistyles (03-17-2012), yajairad (11-30-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Happy it is cool again!

Wow! Thanks. If my man goes there I will at least know what to expect. We still dont know where he is going but he is going and that is what counts. Congrats for you and your "resident"!!!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks!! I HOPE Logan Hall is like this!!! That would be awesome!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:58 AM
You+Me+Love = Forever

Thanked 1,114 Times in 850 Posts

Awww sad to say Bo Robinson is NOT like that. LOL No homecooked food, no ALL YOU CAN TALK phone calls, there is STILL a 60 second lady. and our phone calls went up almost 7.00 a call. BUT... the only good thing for me is Bo Robinson is only 1.5 hours away where Talbot Hall would have been 3 hour drive. SOO... I will take what silver linings I can get.

Oh and P.S. - they CAN have mouthwash... as l.ong as it's Alcohol-Free. I actually found some at Target and Walmart both - Crest makes an alcohol-free one.

Jo ann, I hope you have a great visit coming up this weekend!!! I'm going to see Jason finally too.

*~Courtesy of Stinkerbell~*

The Following User Says Thank You to jasonzwifey2011 For This Useful Post:
RookzWife (11-30-2009)
Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonzwifey2011 View Post
Oh and P.S. - they CAN have mouthwash... as l.ong as it's Alcohol-Free. I actually found some at Target and Walmart both - Crest makes an alcohol-free one.
good to know to check out crest. when james was in kintock i swear...i went to like 3 places before i found an alcohol free mouthwash lol!

The Following User Says Thank You to bean123 For This Useful Post:
jasonzwifey2011 (11-30-2009)
Old 11-30-2009, 03:28 PM

Hey ladies, I think mine is leaving next week either Monday or Tuesday, We're thinking/hoping for Talbot Hall, he got his approval paper and is supposed tibe doing his urine/physical this week, I have everything crossed fingers, toes, etc LOL. So Jo let me know how the visit was, because god willing I will be there soon.........
The Following User Says Thank You to RookzWife For This Useful Post:
jasonzwifey2011 (12-01-2009)
Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Peace Comes from Within

Thanked 1,431 Times in 771 Posts

Wow, thanks for posting all that Jo. I just found out the son of an acquaintance went to Talbot Hall last week. He was at SWSP the last few months and they had a lot of difficulty getting there because of their work hours. I'm glad for them they have a short drive now. I am so jealous (good way as Meri said) that all you ladies are movin' on. Congrats to all the "movin on people".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexsci For This Useful Post:
Inspiration (11-30-2009), jasonzwifey2011 (12-01-2009)
Old 11-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookzWife View Post
Hey ladies, I think mine is leaving next week either Monday or Tuesday, We're thinking/hoping for Talbot Hall, he got his approval paper and is supposed tibe doing his urine/physical this week, I have everything crossed fingers, toes, etc LOL. So Jo let me know how the visit was, because god willing I will be there soon.........
If he is leaving on a Tuesday then he's going to Talbot. They move inmates on Tuesday to Talbot and Wednesday to Bo, so if they told him Monday or Tuesday, it's probably Talbot. I will definitely let you know how visit is after I go this weekend. Good Luck!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 AM
You+Me+Love = Forever

Darn it, Rookz!! I was hoping we'd finaly get to be visit buds. LOL Well... one day! I think when I have my wedding reception I'm gonna have to invite all my PTO ladies to my bachelorette party. LOL

Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 PM
patiently waiting

Ladies Talbot Hall is not that bad Very strict no physical contact at all 2 kisses per visit thats 1 coming and 1 going. No holding hands or hugging. You can bring in your own food in drinks everything must be in clear containers tops and bottoms,also the bag you tote it in has to be clear also dollar store has these bags like large bags you put sweaters in. I f your bringing children they must be on his list and you must provide birth certificate on their first visit. Visits 11am-4pm,you can drop off belongings before visits you can leave cash to because they call them down while you are there to give them the items. Message me ladies if you have any other questions.

Taz
bean123 (12-07-2009), Inspiration (12-06-2009), jasonzwifey2011 (12-03-2009)
Old 12-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Donation Award 

Had my first visit at Talbot Hall on Saturday! And it was wonderful! But let me get on to business

Weekend Visits:

1) Visits, as stated previously are from 11am-4pm on Saturday or Sunday. Duriing the winter months you can only come to ONE visit, either Saturday OR Sunday, not both.
2) You can bring in home made food, but it has to be in clear containers, tops and bottoms! You can bring in your keys, your coat, an umbrella (if it's raining you will want if you go out for a smoke break), cigarettes and a lighter, your ID and money for the vending machines.
3) I was able to bring in a candy bar in it's original wrapper, not in clear plastic, so I would imagine that would fall over to other food things, as long as they are in original packaging or in a clear container. No GLASS allowed.
4) When you go into the parking lot, you go around the back of the building, to the left, and to the parking lot on the side. Do NOT park in front of the building, they will tow you.
5) Go to the door to the right side of the main doors. You may need to knock if they don't see you, like me who's very short.
6) You sign in and give your ID for inspectionat the first desk you come to. Once you are cleared you move through the next door into the dining hall.
7) First they have you empty your pockets and then they have you take off your coat and hold it up to be wanded. Then you put your coat down and they wand you. They also check your bags to make sure everything is in clear containers. They just asked me and didn't really inspect anything. I don't know if they are always like that or if it was the one guard. But I would be sure and put everything in clear containers.
8) They will direct you to a seat where you will wait until your loved one comes down. Your loved one will sit across from you.
9) When your loved one comes down you can get up and hug and kiss him. There is NO other touching through out the visit. Your visit will be terminated if there is any touching. No hand holding or anything.
10) There are about 6-7 microwaves and you can get up at any time to go and heat up your food.
11) IF you are not eating anymore, they will ask you to move down the hall to another visiting area. In this area there are chairs placed around the room and you can sit next to your loved one.
12) They call two smoke breaks and you can bring in cigarettes and a lighter if you smoke. They tell you that you can't share cigarettes but there wasn't anyone to tell you not to share cigarettes. And cigarettes do not have to be unopened.
13) Bathrooms are down the hall by the non-food visiting area.
14) I got up to leave around 3:40pm, the guard told me I was the last one to leave before the end of the visit. I guess around 3:45 no one can leave until the residents go back upstairs. I don't know, I wasn't there until the end. Just a note in case you have a time issue.
15) Not much of a dress code, just don't be overly exposed. They are pretty lax about what to wear and you don't have to worry about, no orange, no grey or no tan. Yay!

All in all was a very good visit. The place is clean and they are relatively nice to you there. No problems what so ever.

SIDE NOTE: If you want to bring anything to drop off to your resident you should come early because it gets quite congested after the visit and you will be there for awhile.

I am going to the family visit on Monday, so I will post more about that after I have attended.

Good luck to all!

Last edited by Inspiration; 12-06-2009 at 06:53 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inspiration For This Useful Post:
bean123 (12-07-2009), tonistyles (03-17-2012), yajairad (12-06-2009)
Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 AM

Default happy for you !!

didn't hear from you over the weekend
but i'm glad that you could see your fiance

and your info always provides a lot of details that people want to know
you are very kind and thoughtful person
Old 12-07-2009, 09:56 AM
You+Me+Love = Forever

Awww so glad you had a great visit Jo. The visits at Bo are only 1 and 1/2 hours. You have nice visits AND food... LOL Hope Doc enjoyed your lasagne, I'm sure he couldn't get enough of it.

YAY for JoJo and her visit at Talbot hall!!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:45 PM

Sounds like you had a great visit Jo! Did you have to wait 7 days to go see him, I know you said he was able to use the phone as soon as e got there, but did you have to wait to see him?????????????????????
Old 12-07-2009, 12:46 PM

Oh and did you get to see him when you dropped off his things?????????
Old 12-07-2009, 01:16 PM

Just a side note, my boo and I have named the 60 second lady. We call her Gloria Global Tel and when he was in the county there was the 60 second man who we called Gary Global Tel. When he was home, we were always joking about something and this is just something to keep his spirits up and have something to laugh about. Feel free to borrow these names for yourselves

[quote=jasonzwifey2011;5081545]Awww sad to say Bo Robinson is NOT like that. LOL No homecooked food, no ALL YOU CAN TALK phone calls, there is STILL a 60 second lady.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poison_Evi For This Useful Post:
bean123 (12-07-2009), Inspiration (12-08-2009), jasonzwifey2011 (12-09-2009)
Old 12-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

LOL we named her too....its usually "that b**ch" or "that wh**e"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bean123 For This Useful Post:
Inspiration (12-08-2009), jasonzwifey2011 (12-09-2009)
Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 PM

HAHAHAHAHA.....yeah, everytime she comes on I'm like "Damnit Gloria! "

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean123 View Post
LOL we named her too....its usually "that b**ch" or "that wh**e"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poison_Evi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyj08 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA.....yeah, everytime she comes on I'm like "Damnit Gloria! "
hahaha. its weird that at county its a man and in state its a lady. it was like that at the two county jails he's been to too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bean123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 05:39 PM

I know right, when I got my first call after he was moved from county, I'm expecting to hear ol loud ass Gary but Gloria came on instead and I could barely hear her. She's gotten much louder since then lemme tell ya! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean123 View Post
hahaha. its weird that at county its a man and in state its a lady. it was like that at the two county jails he's been to too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poison_Evi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

haha yes i've known gloria for 4 years now and i cant stand her and her rude interruptions.

Inspiration (12-08-2009)
Old 12-08-2009, 07:10 AM

I guess nobody ever told her it was RUDE to interrupt someone when they are talking. Where did she get her manners haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Foreverone123 For This Useful Post:
jasonzwifey2011 (12-09-2009)
Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

I KNOW....she always tends to interrupt just when the conversation is really goin.

Inspiration (12-08-2009)
Old 12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
irelandswifeforever

I hate that gloria bitch lol

The Following User Says Thank You to irelandswifekk For This Useful Post:
Inspiration (12-08-2009)
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Donation Award 

@ RookzWife:

1) Yes I did get to see him when I dropped off his things, it's through a window that's open, so you can talk to him. They inventory the things that you bring and hand them directly to him if approved.

2) You cannot visit the 1st weekend he is there, but you can visit on the next weekend. So it's 12 days before you get to see him, a little less than 2 weeks. But like I said you CAN have phone calls right away. And make sure he puts his visit list in right away too.

@ the rest of you crazy ladies!

LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I'm with Gina Beans here, we just used to call her B***ch! She doesn't deserve a name! Hate her!

The Following User Says Thank You to Inspiration For This Useful Post:
bean123 (12-08-2009)