Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison Weddings
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Weddings Everything about prison weddings - notices, stories, what to expect!

Old 11-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Shaunna

Default Benton County Jail, WA marriage information

My fiance and I have been trying, without much success, to start the process of marrying while he's in jail. Yesterday we had a break through though and I thought I'd share what we found out.

It turns out that marriages in Benton County Jail are done and that the process can take up to as little as a month from start to finish. To start all you, the bride to be, need to do is get in touch with the jail chaplin. The chaplin will then give your fiance a piece of paper with all of the information that's needed on it. The chaplin at Benton was able to get that paper to my fiance on the same day that I called (yesterday at a quarter to 5pm) and we spoke on the phone about it this morning.

My fiance told me that according to the chaplin and the paper he had recieved I needed to do three things. 1. I need to find a minister, 2. I need to petition the court, and 3. I need to get a marraige liscense. An inmate that he met has assured him that the process does not take all that long to complete and that he and his girlfriend were able to be married within a month of starting the process.

Since our phone calls are only 15 minutes long I wasn't able to ask him all the questions I needed to about it. Such as what comes after I do those three things (one of which is already completed, we have a minister willing to do it for us) but when he calls tomorrow I'm going to make sure that I ask him about it. I'm not entirely sure how you go about petitioning the court for anything but I've learned so much in such a short period of time that I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. When I learn new things about marraige in Benton County I'll be sure to post it up in here to share with everyone.

Ben
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 04:40 AM

nice work done ....