Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison Profiles > Georgia State Prisons > Georgia Diagnostic & Classification Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia Diagnostic & Classification Prison Topics and discussion specific to Georgia Diagnostic & Classification Prison in Jackson, Georgia.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 PM

Default Jackson State prison in Georgia (diagnostics)

My fiance was transferred today from Gwinnett Co. Detention center to diagnostics in Jackson Ga. I am assuming I will not get to talk to him for 6 weeks or so. He will be gone for at least 2 yrs. I saw him Saturday in visitation for the 1st time in 2 months so I am glad I got to see him then since it will be a loooong time coming. Very down today. I am thankful for his strength.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2009, 01:38 PM

Welcome to PTO! I know it seems hard when they first get transferred to Jackson but hopefully he will get through diagnostics quickly. Once they get to a more permanent place it seems to get a little easier. If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to PM me.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 PM

Faubion, best of luck with this process. We are here if you need us. The time in Jax seems long because of the lack of communication but they are actually moving them through quickly now so it won't be long.
It might not seem like it now but 2 years go by really quick! Hang in there!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Truly, Madly, Deeply

Thanked 1,228 Times in 834 Posts

Welcome to PTO and hang in there! 2 years will be over before you know it!

And we're more in love and happier than ever!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
prisoner of love

Kim78 and Mommy4two are right, you will be ok and will realize your true inner strength and two years will come and go, us 3 know how time seems slow but there is an end in sight. Sometimes I cannot believe its been 3 years that I have been dealing with him being gone. I remember jackson like it was yesterday and it took forever for them to transfer him, I didnt talk to him for 6 months, but it will not be that long now for you and it will make you are stronger person. (what doesnt kill ya makes ya stronger)!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:50 AM

Just like everyone else said, this time will go by quickly. I also want to add that my guy was transferred from Dekalb to Jackson on the 18th of November and was able to call me a week after, but I had a block on the phone says Global Tel, apparently there is a different line being used for jail and prison. So just to be on the up and up I would transfer any remaining money from Gwinnett to be able to the prison system so that can receive his call when he is able. I hope this makes sense to you.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:22 PM

My husband was transferred to Jackson today for Diagnostics. Can anyone tell me what telephone system/company I need to set an account up with? I guess a more important question would be: Will he get to call? I've heard both yes and no. If I set the account up online and pay with a credit card, will it take very long to get it up and working?

The phone company we were using for the county jail was Paytel. Do I just need to apply for a refund from them for what's left on his account, or can it somehow be transferred to another company? I'm sure it's not that easy, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks for any information at all that anyone can give me!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:09 AM
He Will Be Home in May!

My fiance was transferrd monday to Jackson. He was sentenced to 3 years & its only been 5 months that his been gone. Will I be able to visit him? I'm really sad about this, I hope time goes by quickly.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:19 AM

I've been in there and 2 yrs is life a drunk driving sentence it goes quick. He will just get in to a routine and it will be time to go home.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:07 PM

Default jackson prison

i am new this web site and don't know how to use it to well, but my fiance was sent to jackson prison tuesday. how long does it take for them to be able to call out. i got the phone already set up. and can they receive mail. and if they can does anybody have the address to send it to. thanks.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:40 PM

i really dont know much about it even though he been there 5 weeks but sure he wont spend rest time there think it a max prison
Old 07-27-2010, 08:26 PM

Default hi all

My son just went yesterday to jackson I am worry sick can't get good info. I just know he is there.... help guys having a moment.. this sucks
Old 05-06-2011, 05:39 AM

My baby was transfered from Cobb County to Jackson this past Monday, I haven't heard from him since 2:30 that morning. He told me before this that time will go by quickly so I hope so. He has 4 more months left with his Cobb sentence then is sent to Cherokee County from there. Hopefully they will be gentle since it is just a probation violation, no new felony charges.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:38 PM

Default I have a question

Hi, Im sorry to bug you but I had a question! My husband is going to Jackson. He has 3 1/2 years. So He will just be going there for diagnostics or is it to stay? Thank you!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:37 AM

They will do the diagnostics there, he could stay there as a perm or be moved to another prison
Old 07-29-2011, 06:44 AM

How long till they are able to write letters or make phone calls. I am going out of my mind sick with worry this is the longest I have gone without talking to him since he started his sentence 7 months ago. Please tell me about how long I have to go crazy like this
Old 07-29-2011, 12:42 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRBaby818085 View Post
How long till they are able to write letters or make phone calls. I am going out of my mind sick with worry this is the longest I have gone without talking to him since he started his sentence 7 months ago. Please tell me about how long I have to go crazy like this

He should be able to send a letter out now..I know when my bf got there I received a letter within a few days..Phone calls may take a little longer though..Keep you head up and maybe you will get a letter soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsoutherland04 For This Useful Post:
JRRBaby818085 (07-29-2011)
Old 07-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Autiemom

Question Mail?

So, ive never done this b4.. Can they get letters there? In County they had changed it so he could only get post office stamped post cards.. Ugh. I havent heard from him yet, but I wanna send him a letter to let him know that I know hes been moved. Can I just send a letter? And do I just need his GDC number & name/ address or do they get another number there? Oh, and do they go through the same phone service? At county he had to use Offender Connect.

Please help!

Autiemom
Old 07-30-2011, 04:01 PM

Yes they can get letters there..You have to know his GDC number and his location number but if you don't have it, the letter should still get to him..The phone service is Global link..Go to Ga Dept of Corrections and there is link there for Global. Maybe you should call the prison and ask them about letters and they should be able to give you more info. You can get the address and phone number from that same website..I even think it is listed on here somewhere..Best of luck to you
Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Lonely since 11/4/10

Default Jackson Phone

Which company do I need to use for Jackson? My boyfriend just got transfered there this morning and I know he is not suppose to be able to call me but I want to have minutes on my phone just in case he is somehow able to call. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobb143 View Post
Which company do I need to use for Jackson? My boyfriend just got transfered there this morning and I know he is not suppose to be able to call me but I want to have minutes on my phone just in case he is somehow able to call. Thank you!

They use Global you can find out more on the ga dept of corrections web site.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Lonely since 11/4/10

Thank you rsoutherland04.. Another question, how long does it take for them to recieve mail? I sent out a letter this morning so it should get there tomorrow but how long does it take for their mail room to get it to the inmates usually?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobb143 View Post
Thank you rsoutherland04.. Another question, how long does it take for them to recieve mail? I sent out a letter this morning so it should get there tomorrow but how long does it take for their mail room to get it to the inmates usually?

It will vary, my bf is a perm there and sometimes it can a couple of days or up to a week..Hopefully it will get to him soon and you will receive a letter from him...
Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 PM

It took about 3 days for him to get my letter and 4 days for me to get his. Make sure he has money on JPay so he can order stamps and envelopes. from what my fiance told me the cell blocks alternate phone and tv privlages week by week
Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
patiently waiting...

Hey everyone. My son's father was sent there on September 22, 2011 on a 10 year sentence. I wrote him and he's wrote me twice. The letter I received today says they transferred him on Tuesday to his camp. I thought he would have been there a little longer. guess they are moving thins pretty quickly.