Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Info & Self Surrendering
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Federal Prison Info & Self Surrendering Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 01-31-2004, 11:17 AM

Default FCI Beckley--Beaver, WV

Business Address:

PO Box 1380
Beaver WV, 25813
304-252-9758
Fax: 304-256-4955

Security Level--Medium/Male w/ adjacent Minimum/Male Camp

Inmate Address:

Inmate Name & Number
Unit Name (if you know it because it gets to him quicker)
FCI Beckley
PO Box 350
Beaver, WV 25813

Directions: Going West on I-64--exit 125 (Airport Road) turn Right and continue until you see the Raleigh County Airport (app. 2 miles). Turn right on Industrial Park Road. Continue on Industrial Park Road until you get to FCI Beckley. (it's the dead end)

Going East on I-64--exit 125 (Airport Road) and turn Left--follow the previous directions.

NOTE: The Southern Regional Jail is right off the exit--don't confuse it with the federal prison.

Visitation:

8 points a month--2 points are deducted for EACH weekend and holiday visit (excluding Christmas) 1 point is deducted for EACH weekday visit.

Visiting hours:

8 am to 3 pm Monday, Thursday-Sunday (All week during Christmas week)
NOTE: The prison usually sets their clock 10 minutes fast so they can get everyone out at 3 pm.

Dress Code:

No metal
No tan (because the inmates where it)
1 coat--weather permitting--empty pockets--because you have to walk outside to get to the visitation room.
Children under 14 can wear shorts
Adults--no shorts; and skirts must be below the knee when sitting, no low cut tops, no belly shirts, and not too tight.
No gum
Change must be in a clear container
1 clear diaper bag, 2 diapers, 1 clear bottle with formula, 1 blanket, or 1 clear, empty sippy cup.
You must take your shoes and jewelry off if the metal detector is set off. They only give you 3 chances to clear it. They don't have a wand to swipe you, so be conscious of what you wear.

Phone Privilages:

300 minutes a month-either prepaid or collect--400 minutes during the months of November and December--15 minutes each call and has to wait 1 hour before making another call.

Mailings:

You can send cards and letters...Last year they stopped letting them have softback books and calendars from individual people, but they can get them from a book club or store...Money orders must be from the post office...

Lodging:

Sleep Inn--right off the exit
888-259-8545

For area attractions you can contact the Beckley, Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce www.brccc.com and click on Order Publications at the very bottom of the page. A visitor's pack is $2.84 which includes a Beckley Map, WV State Map, Hotel and Motel List, Attraction Brochures, and Event Brochures. Or you can order individual publications...

I will post some "inside" information, ie: classes, etc. when I get it from Billy...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillnDenise For This Useful Post:
Toys4ubyjen (06-12-2008), vhmoriarty (09-30-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks Denise!

The Sleep Inn is reasonable and comfortable. It offers a free breakfast consisting of donuts, muffins and a couple different cereals. Orange juice, milk, coffee and tea.

Right across the street is a gas station. Inside there is a grill area to eat.

If you make a left out of the parking lot....onto Airport Road and follow it down until you can no longer go straight....there is a small shopping center on the right. There is a Pizza Hut to your right and I believe McDonalds on the left.

WalMart is also in this area. You have to jump back onto I-64...but I'd get you lost! If you stay at the Sleep Inn....they are very helpful with directions and information in the area.

Something to do with the kids after visits....Coal Mine Tour. They have many brochures at the motel.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:18 AM

Great Diane--I didn't know how great the Sleep Inn is--

Directions to Walmart: Get back on at I-64 East--Exit at Eisenhower Drive...(there is a signal light and a lot of road construction so stay to your right). Continue to follow Eisenhower Drive about 4-5 miles...you will see a Lowe's, CiCi's Pizza, and a Ryan's Steakhouse--turn right at Ryan's--there's Walmart. If you go further, you'll get to a Magic Mart and Big Kmart on the right...on the left is the Raleigh Mall, with various stores on the way. If you continue past the Raleigh Mall for about 3 miles, you'll get to the Crossroads Mall, on the left.

If you like skiing, Winterplace Ski Resort is just another short drive on the Interstate. Get on I-64 East then follow the directions to I-77 South (Princeton, Bluefield) Exit at Ghent (Exit 28)--there is a toll of a $1.25 for cars before you exit. After exiting, turn left--then at the intersection--turn right--go about 3/4 mile and Winterplace is on the Left (brown and white sign). There is a Subway, gas stations, and Lakefront Restaurant...but no major food chains.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Donation Award 

See...we compliment each other! You know the area...I know there is much time to occupy while out of town!

I couldn't remember the ski place....but this is great for kids as well.

You don't have to ski...they have TUBES! And if I am not mistaken...they pull you back up the hill! What a blast...huh! lol Take the hard part out of it...

Denise...thanks a bunch!

Diane
Old 02-01-2004, 03:14 PM

Diane,

We do compliment each other...LOL Yes, Winterplace does have Tubing www.winterplace.com

Winterplace also has summer activities too...I don't ski and I don't plan on breaking my neck any time soon. LOL
Old 06-12-2008, 07:04 PM

My boyfriend is about to be transferred to Beckley. How is it from your experience? He was in Lewisburg.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Donation Award 

From Lewisburg, a change to Beckley will be like getting released. No comparison. Lewisburg is something like Andersonville in the Civil War.

Congrats

Mark H
Old 09-01-2008, 10:51 PM

My son was transferred to Beckley this weekend from Harrisonburg-Rockingham Jail. All this is new to me. I am told that he will not be able to call home for 2 weeks? Will my family and I be able to see him this coming weekend? We were on his visitors list at the jail. How do the phone calls work? I have sent him money today via Western Union. I also got a local phone number through Vonage for Beckley. Will this make calling cheaper? Any info would be appreciated!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 AM

Can anyone give me Information about the visiting at Beckley.

Last edited by gilliraldi; 12-05-2011 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: visiting at the camp
Old 12-05-2011, 10:51 AM

Default fci beckley

Would this be for the camp or fci?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilliraldi View Post
Can anyone give me Information about the visiting at Beckley.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceswife View Post
Would this be for the camp or fci?
it is for the camp. But would appreciate any info about beckley...
Old 12-07-2011, 12:16 PM

My husband is at the camp. He has been there for a few months now. He said, it is a good place to do time. This is his first time being locked up. He started the rdap program after being there for about a month. When I went to visit it seems like a pretty laid back place... I only seen one guard and he was nice. The visiting area is not too big, but its clean... They have a toy room for the kids.....The kids gave him as many hugs as they wanted....Any other questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer them...
The Following User Says Thank You to diceswife For This Useful Post:
BlkSoldier (01-26-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 AM

Default info about beaver

Thank you for your reply. Could you share any more details about the camp. Did your husband get into the rdap program because of abusive alcohol use. Is visitation intimidating to kids. How long after your husband arrived, was he allowed to have visitors and make phone calls. I have lots of other questions, but I will start with those. Thank you for any info you can give me. Happy New Year...
Old 01-11-2012, 12:09 PM

No, he got into the drug program for smoking weed... our kids are 2, 11, 12 and 14 and no they were not intimated by the visit. They were just happy to see him and glad to see he was doing well... He was able to call the day after getting there as I sent money western union as soon as I knew he was there.... I visited a few weeks after he got there and hope to go back the first weekend in February.. Well hope I answered your questions, any more ask away and ill try to answer.. Happy New Year to u as well....