Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas City and County Jail Forums > Harris County & Houston City Jails - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 AM

Default Transfer from Harris county to SATF-Peden

My husband has been waiting on a transfer from county to satf. I was wondering how long does it usually take for someone to be transferred. I've called Satf, but they can't give me an answer. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. He's been in county for a month now.

Any information is great help, can't seem to find too much information out there.

Last edited by mjmer126; 11-08-2009 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 04:21 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,158 Times in 729 Posts

The SATF personnel can't give you transfer information. There are two county locations - downtown on San Jacinto and in Humble. So there is limited availability. Also, the way the program runs an opening could come up at any time. If the inmate violates the program he is returned to county and has to face the probation judge once again. It is up to the judge whether he may return to the program or be revoked. If he is permitted to return to the program he loses his status and begins the program from the beginning again. Of course if he is revoked an unscheduled bed becomes available.

Was he sentenced a month ago? Is he special needs?

I know it's frustrating just waiting - I hope you hear something soon.

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

The Following User Says Thank You to mamajmg For This Useful Post:
mjmer126 (11-10-2009)
Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 AM

My husband has been in the jail for 5 weeks and he still has not heard anything yet. He was told that they transport people every Tuesday. Is this true or is it any day of the week. And to mamajmg did you have somebody that you know already go to SATF and if so how long did he have to wait before he actually went from the date that the court sentenced him there?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:39 AM

Thanks mamajmg for the information. He was sentenced on 10-12. At court they said that it is anywhere from 1-4 weeks but it's been 4 weeks and we both are getting impatient. The time he is doing in county is not counting for the sentence. He is just a sitting duck.

No he is not speacial needs and he was sentenced a month ago. According to what he said, someone from the program came to see him about a week ago, to ask him questions and to talk to him about the program, but that is everything that has happened as of now.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 AM

Red face

My husband has been in the county jail waiting to be moved to SATF for over a month now too. They told him today it could be as long as two more months depending on when they get an opening. I am also looking for any info on the SATF in humble. First they told us he is going to the PEDEN program downtown but now they are saying he is going to Humble.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:23 PM

Mjmer126 my husband went to court on 10/2/09 and he has not heard anything and no one has even came and talked to him from the place so it sounds like your husband is getting more information than my husband is. Did they give him any type of time frame that it might take to go there.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:07 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicopayt View Post
My husband has been in the jail for 5 weeks and he still has not heard anything yet. He was told that they transport people every Tuesday. Is this true or is it any day of the week. And to mamajmg did you have somebody that you know already go to SATF and if so how long did he have to wait before he actually went from the date that the court sentenced him there?
Yes, my son has been in the program since mid July. I know that he transferred out of county on a Tuesday and he was initially taken to the downtown location.

There were complications in my sons case. MHMR was playing havoc on my son with medication problems - inconsistent doses, skipping days and administering the wrong amount, etc.. On his initial interview by SATF personnel approximately two weeks after sentencing we were told that he would be transferred out in approximately three weeks - he had a horrible reaction to one of the messed up meds episode and in frustration I called the director of SATF for help - it delayed him as the meds have to be stabilized to qualify for the program.

If your husband has been waiting for five weeks since sentencing I would expect him to transfer very soon.

I wish I had more to share with you. Have you read this link?

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=404005

The thread contains a little more information that I've been able to gather. If I can help at all please let me know!

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

Old 11-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmer126 View Post
Thanks mamajmg for the information. He was sentenced on 10-12. At court they said that it is anywhere from 1-4 weeks but it's been 4 weeks and we both are getting impatient. The time he is doing in county is not counting for the sentence. He is just a sitting duck.

No he is not speacial needs and he was sentenced a month ago. According to what he said, someone from the program came to see him about a week ago, to ask him questions and to talk to him about the program, but that is everything that has happened as of now.
Gee, any chance you got some good news today? It IS Tuesday!

From our experience if someone from SATF came to see him recently they are interviewing in preparation of his being transferred. Again, just from what we experienced - there were three names we were given that went to the county to do the interview/evaluation process - that info/file is turned in to the "pre admittance team" for lack of knowledge on their official name. So he is on his way.

I know how frustrating this is.....when I first started looking for info there was absolutely NOTHING out there. So please don't hesitate to ask anything - if I know it I will share it and if I don't I'll try to get the info from my son. He is scheduled to complete the program early January and we will just have to pick his brain apart! lol

Here is the thread I originally started - you may be able to get some additional info there also

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=404005

The Following User Says Thank You to mamajmg For This Useful Post:
mjmer126 (11-13-2009)
Old 11-10-2009, 07:22 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.radford View Post
My husband has been in the county jail waiting to be moved to SATF for over a month now too. They told him today it could be as long as two more months depending on when they get an opening. I am also looking for any info on the SATF in humble. First they told us he is going to the PEDEN program downtown but now they are saying he is going to Humble.
Mrs Radford - My son was transferred to the Atascocita facility about six weeks ago from downtown. The programs are listed as Peden/ SATF. SATF is a county substance abuse treatment facility and very very similar to SAFP which is a state (tdc) substance abuse program.

At the Atascocita unit they have an outdoor rec yard which is nice. They get to enjoy some sunshine and fresh air. If you are looking for info the address is - SATF - 2310 1/2 Atascocita, Humble

Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 PM

Okay now I'm getting a little nervous becuase you said that the SATF comes and does an interview with them at the harris county jail before they even get to go to the program... My husband has been there since 10/2 and nobody has came to meet with him yet.

He is not going for any special needs but Mjmer126 said that her husband has already met with a councelor and her husband went in after my husband. Do you know if there is anybody that I can call to see if he is even on the list? Should I call the court and make sure that they have taken care of all the necessary paper work?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:29 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Oh no!! Please don't be nervous! Our experience is the only one that I have to fall back on and it was messed up!!!

Try not to be nervous and remember the key things - you know where he is going - you know it is a program and not tdc - it is a safe, therapeutic environment. Believe me, I so understand your anxiety - my son sat a total of eight months in county between court, sentencing, delays and transfer!! It's so hard to just wait day by day - and our loved ones are just ready to go and get out of county! It adds to our anxiety and the answers are almost impossible to come by!

Please understand that I am in no way an expert on how they operate - the last thing I want to do is add to your anxiety by any misinformation!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamajmg For This Useful Post:
mjmer126 (11-13-2009), MORELIA82 (08-11-2010)
Old 11-13-2009, 07:53 AM

Thanks mamajmg! You are such a blessing. Thanks for posting that thread, it had a lot of information. Unfortunatly my husband was not transferred this week. I finally got a hold of our attorney and he said that he called SATF and they said that transfers on average take anywhere from 4-6 weeks after sentencing so we have another two weeks of waiting!
I know it's so difficult to not know what is going on, what to expect, but thank you to everyone who is posting great information about this program.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:35 PM

Well my husband went to SATF today!!! Thank you Lord. I will keep posting as I find out information. He told me that they came and got him this morning @ 2am. And they let him call and talk to me so that he could inform me there. The phone call lasted for 5 min and it was not a collect call. The place is mailing me a packet to let me know what I need to bring up there for him and what to expect from the program. I am just so thankful that he is gone and now his time is counting. It took a total of 7 weeks so hopefully this will give you some type of time line for how long it takes to be transferred to SATF.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:21 PM

Well my husband went to SATF today!!! Thank you Lord. I will keep posting as I find out information. He told me that they came and got him this morning @ 2am. And they let him call and talk to me so that he could inform me there. The phone call lasted for 5 min and it was not a collect call. The place is mailing me a packet to let me know what I need to bring up there for him and what to expect from the program. I am just so thankful that he is gone and now his time is counting. It took a total of 7 weeks so hopefully this will give you some type of time line for how long it takes to be transferred to SATF. [/quote]

thank you so much for posting this update. this is going to keep me hopeful that my little brother will be moved soon. he's been in county for about a month now, we're waiting on him to be transfered to SATF long-term. did your husband get to transferred to the long-term or short-term program. they are telling my brother it could be up to 6 months before he gets moved.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesbigsis View Post
Well my husband went to SATF today!!! Thank you Lord. I will keep posting as I find out information. He told me that they came and got him this morning @ 2am. And they let him call and talk to me so that he could inform me there. The phone call lasted for 5 min and it was not a collect call. The place is mailing me a packet to let me know what I need to bring up there for him and what to expect from the program. I am just so thankful that he is gone and now his time is counting. It took a total of 7 weeks so hopefully this will give you some type of time line for how long it takes to be transferred to SATF.

thank you so much for posting this update. this is going to keep me hopeful that my little brother will be moved soon. he's been in county for about a month now, we're waiting on him to be transfered to SATF long-term. did your husband get to transferred to the long-term or short-term program. they are telling my brother it could be up to 6 months before he gets moved. [/quote]

My husband went to long-term as well he was in county for 7 weeks so hopefully your little brother will be leaving in the next couple of weeks, or sooner. I never heard 6 months they would always tell me it could be 6-8 weeks or 3-4 months. I really think that they just tell people that so that they want keep calling. But don't take my word on that becuase I'm not for sure how they go about doing the transfers.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:40 AM

Wow! That's great news nicopayt! I'm so glad that they finally came for him. Where extacly did they send him? Maybe they only do pick up on Tuesdays. Hopefully they will come soon for my husband! Keep us posted on visitation and all that wonderful stuff!
Old 11-21-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Wow! That's great news nicopayt! I'm so glad that they finally came for him. Where extacly did they send him? Maybe they only do pick up on Tuesdays. Hopefully they will come soon for my husband! Keep us posted on visitation and all that wonderful stuff!
Yes I know I am so happy as well, it was a big load off and now I going through this new journey.He went to the Peden location and yes they come get them on Tuesdays so hopefully your husband will be going this coming Tuesday. My husband said they got him out of harris county at 2am on Tuesday morning. I will keep everyone informed as I find out more information.

So far I got a letter from them letting me know that he was there and telling me what I can bring for him and I have to take it to him before 2 weeks of his stay there are he will not be able to get it. The items that he can have are as follows:
7 white socks
7 white t-shirts
7 underwear/boxers
2 navy blue t-shirts
2 thermals beige or white
2 blue P.T. shorts
2 tennis shoes (no solid red or blue color)
1 watch
1 grey sweat shirt
1 grey sweat pants

In the letter is states that once he gets to Phase II which takes approximately a month telephone priviliges will begin and he will be able to have visits. This is all I have so far and I will keep posting as I get more information.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicopayt For This Useful Post:
mamajmg (11-22-2009), mjmer126 (11-24-2009)
Old 11-22-2009, 08:37 AM

Thank you so much for keeping us all posted.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:21 PM

Nicopayt:

My loved one was transferred this past week also...

His parents do not approve of our relationship so I found out by visiting... Ooops. Anyway, I wonder if you have received anything regarding mail? Can I write to him and where would I send it?

Lost but determined.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydnew View Post
Nicopayt:

My loved one was transferred this past week also...

His parents do not approve of our relationship so I found out by visiting... Ooops. Anyway, I wonder if you have received anything regarding mail? Can I write to him and where would I send it?

Lost but determined.
Is he at the Peden location? If he is the adress is SATF @ Peden 600 N. San Jacinto Houston Texas 77002, you will need to put his name and his Spn number and you will also have to put what floor he is on. So the only way that you will probably get that information is if he writes you first becuase they said in the letter that they do not give any information about the client. But I guess you can call and see if they will at least tell you what floor he is on.

I hope everything works out.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much for keeping us all posted.

No problem we are all in this together and whatever I find out I will make sure to share the information.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:59 PM

Great news everyone! My husband was shipped out this morning at 5am! It took 8 weeks to have him sent to satf. They don't just ship out on Tuesdays, so that's good to know also. I will keep posting information on the program for anyone else who might want to know. (sigh of relief)
Old 12-03-2009, 09:37 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Just FYI - there are two SATF/PEDEN locations.

Downtown - the address has been provided

Humble - 2310 1/2 Atascocita, Humble, Tx 77396

If you do not know their floor number when you first write they will still receive it - it's only four floors.

At the Humble location you only need the name, spin # and address.

I'm so glad your loved ones have been moved to the program!!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:09 AM

I recieved a letter from my husband and he was telling me that at the SATF-Peden location where he is at the facility is starting a new program where he might be able to start working in Januaury he didn't give me allot of details about it so when I find out more I will let you guys know I hope its where he will be able to work and get paid and send the money home to his family because I could really use the help its been very hard since he has been gone becuase that income stopped. Oh and they are also thinking about starting a furlough program where they can earn to leave the facility and be with their family for 8 hrs. I hope that they actually start this because that will be good to let them come home and it will make the time go by faster. He will be the first along with the six people that came over with him to start this phase of the program if they do it. Also it takes 30-45 days before you can visit them and my husband told me that since it is flu season we still want be able to have contact visits and that he would let me know when the flu season is over for the contact visits. I will keep everyone posted as I get more information.
The Following User Says Thank You to nicopayt For This Useful Post:
mjmer126 (12-08-2009)
Old 12-07-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Great news everyone! My husband was shipped out this morning at 5am! It took 8 weeks to have him sent to satf. They don't just ship out on Tuesdays, so that's good to know also. I will keep posting information on the program for anyone else who might want to know. (sigh of relief)
I'm so happy for you that he has made it to the program, now his time will actually count and he one step closer to coming home.