Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arizona Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Arizona should be posted here.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 PM

Default How does work release/furlough work in Tent City?

My boyfriend is going in for 9 months on work furlough/release program, and I want to know how it works. He'll be working his full time job 5 or 6 days a week for 8 hours a day, but we've been told that they let you out for up to 12-15 hours and that includes travel time, but what about the remainder of that time? Can he be free to go home or can he visit friends/me? Can he just go into work early and hang out there until he works on the clock? Can he ever come home for a day or for holidays? I've heard stories about people who are allowed to come home one day a week for like 8 hours. We've tried calling and contacting the work furlough office so many times we've lost count but they are useless! We've left tons of messages and no one ever calls back, let alone picks up in the first place so any advice or information would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseasyang View Post
My boyfriend is going in for 9 months on work furlough/release program, and I want to know how it works. He'll be working his full time job 5 or 6 days a week for 8 hours a day, but we've been told that they let you out for up to 12-15 hours and that includes travel time, but what about the remainder of that time? Can he be free to go home or can he visit friends/me? Can he just go into work early and hang out there until he works on the clock? Can he ever come home for a day or for holidays? I've heard stories about people who are allowed to come home one day a week for like 8 hours. We've tried calling and contacting the work furlough office so many times we've lost count but they are useless! We've left tons of messages and no one ever calls back, let alone picks up in the first place so any advice or information would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks
Work Furlough is CMU or custody management unit. Up until last year, they changed location from the Durango office location to their own location, just North of Durango jail. I personally know the staff that work at that location as well as the the officers and supervisors that work in that area - If they are not picking up, you're either calling the wrong number or the old number. Regardless, to help with your situation...I do have their listed number as 602-372-2391.

Be prepared to have your boyfriend's date of birth as well as his CR# or case number.

to help answer your question - when they mean up to 12 hours - it means, if the employment for the probationers allow the work time MAX of 12 hours, that is what work furlough is willing to go up to. If the work states that person is only to work 4 hours, that is all he is going to be allowed to work - 4 hours (travel time, etc. added) and than back to tents. So, in essence, they match whatever hours at 12 max hours...doesn't mean that if he works 8 hours, he can go wherever or do whatever for the last 4 hours etc. ....I hope this makes sense.

Regarding holidays, it's up to the CMU officer in charge of your boyfriend's case. I know they do things like emergency, hospital visits, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to MCAPO For This Useful Post:
NtShadow (11-05-2009)
Old 11-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Amber

work furlough is where the can only get out to go to work. They let you out an hour before your shift starts for drive time. You have to atleast be in the tents for one whole day. You are only allowed to go to your house one time and that is the time he gets his clothes and all that. I did 8 months of work furlough back in 2002 and it wasnt all that bad. He will be ok...