Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Other Texas Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Texas Prisons Topics & Discussions related to all Texas (TDCJ) Prisons that do not have a dedicated forum on PTO.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:15 PM

Default Looking for Information - ISF Henderson, Texas

Does anyone have any information on the ISF unit in Henderson Texas. Visitiation, mail, anything at all
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2009, 02:05 PM
1 Day at a Time

Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,023 Posts

I don't know anything about that particular unit, but someone who does should be along shortly. I just wanted to say welcome to PTO!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:26 AM

My daughter spent 90 days there. She has been home about a month. The mail to me was ok. I received my mail with in a day, but mostly relied on the phones. She was able to call pretty much anytime she wanted. Visitation is the same as any unit Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 5 pm. The unit for her was not bad just boring not much for them to do. The food she said was ok. If you want to send money you must mail a money order as they did not accept jpay. You can always call the unit. If I had any questions they were always helpful.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 AM

Thanked 4,947 Times in 2,969 Posts

Well, it looks like East Texas ISF in Henderson has been removed from the TDCJ Unit directory. They removed the contract facility listings a little while back when they got out of the contract facility business but I don't recall hearing anything about the ISF in Henderson. Whatever is the situation, I'll paste in what was the contact information down below. Visitation should be, for the most part, the same as other TDC units. Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 5pm. You can call the unit to ask about details.

East Texas ISF
900 Industrial Dr,
Henderson, Texas 75653
(903) 655-3300
Old 10-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Dual Diagnosis Advocate

You are correct... This is the unit my husband is at. It is ETTF (East Texas Treatment Facility)...it is a contract facility run by MTC. It houses co-ed ISF, SAFP, & DWI Treatment. The visitation is from 8-5, Saturday & Sunday. The mailing address (for mail) is: P.O. Box 8000, Henderson, TX 75653. RobinsMan has posted the physical address...what you'll use for visits.

Other than that, mail is a bit slower than TDCJ units. They get it quick, but it takes time to get their mail back to you. And it takes FOREVER to get TDCJ Medical Records transferred there (they dont have access to the computer-system, so they have to wait for the paper trail). It's a new facility (built in 2004, then added on in 2009)...has A/C & Heat. It's calmer (no fights) -- mainly because they are in good spirits being in there normally (they aren't in there long, and know they'll be released soon)...and the Custody housed there is at least State Approved Trusty III status. The phone system is different than TDCJ - it's the same type that is in County Jails...the system allows the inmates to call cell phones (not just landlines). They cannot make phone calls until they've been there 30-days (they receive a PIN #). The phone company to setup an account with (minimum of $50 pre-paid) is Conversant Technogloies @ 972-964-7010. They DO accept JPay - they have as long as my husband's been there (since Sept 1st)...so perhaps this is a new thing.

Here is the main Thread for ETTF (under "Other Texas Prisons"): http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329819
"We're all tough on crime, but we've got to be smart & that isn't necessarily 'Lock em up & throw away the key,' but providing programs & insight to do things differently than before." ~ Rep. Madden ; "It makes more sense to keep nonviolent offenders in community treatment centers - where they could get help, than to imprison them." ~ Sen. Whitmire

Last edited by strawberry6977; 10-22-2009 at 01:32 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strawberry6977 For This Useful Post:
MamaB58 (05-30-2010), RobinsMan (10-23-2009)
Old 03-24-2010, 11:54 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info! I have called up there many times and never been able to get a straight answer! So they have to wait 30 days to make a phone call?? My boyfriend was suppose to go to Burnet and they changed their minds at the last minute and I have not had any contact with him since he moved. I mailed him a letter but they gave me an address of P.O. Box 210 where is my letter going? CTI gave me a pin number is that different than the one he will receive? How long was it before he could have visits? I will be driving 6 hrs to get there. I'm 21miles short for the extended visit! What was your husbands sentence? They told Bryan no less than 45 days no more than 90,I think? Do you think there is a chance he will be released in 45? Thanks for any info you can help me with!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Dual Diagnosis Advocate

Hi atxmommy!
Yes, unfortunately inmates cannot make calls until they are there for 30-days... He can write you and you can write him. I'm not sure what mailing address they gave you or why...but the correct one is what I listed above in this Thread. I'm not sure about the PIN #'s for CTI (his versus yours)...but CTI goes by phone #'s that are authorized on your account (when he calls your phone #, it automatically deducts your pre-paid balance). I'm sure CTI asked you that info when you setup your account. To answer your question about visits -- it may depend on what capacity he is there...since it is a mixed use facility. TDCJ can normally have visits immediately. However, the ISF and SAFP may be different in their rules. You also must be on his visitation list (he puts you on it, which I'm sure he did)...and since you are not a family member, they may or may not accept you to visit. Also, at this facility, there is a family counseling (group) session that is on Saturday's @ 8am...get there a little early to get on the list. I never went to that since I always had my toddler and Father-In-Law with a bad back with me. But, it gives you an hour in group with him, then an extra hour as a reward for being in the group...so that is 4 hours of visitation total. Your best bet would be to call the unit to ask if he is eligible for visits right now.

What program is your boyfriend in? If he was revoked Parole, typically he will be in the ISF Program, which you are correct it is typically 45-90 days...sometimes longer depending on the person. If he is in the TDCJ In-Prison DWI Program, he will be in that for 6-months. SAFP Program (Probation) is on the shorter scale too...not quite sure the time spent, but I would guess around 90-days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxmommy23 View Post
Thanks for the info! I have called up there many times and never been able to get a straight answer! So they have to wait 30 days to make a phone call?? My boyfriend was suppose to go to Burnet and they changed their minds at the last minute and I have not had any contact with him since he moved. I mailed him a letter but they gave me an address of P.O. Box 210 where is my letter going? CTI gave me a pin number is that different than the one he will receive? How long was it before he could have visits? I will be driving 6 hrs to get there. I'm 21miles short for the extended visit! What was your husbands sentence? They told Bryan no less than 45 days no more than 90,I think? Do you think there is a chance he will be released in 45? Thanks for any info you can help me with!
"We're all tough on crime, but we've got to be smart & that isn't necessarily 'Lock em up & throw away the key,' but providing programs & insight to do things differently than before." ~ Rep. Madden ; "It makes more sense to keep nonviolent offenders in community treatment centers - where they could get help, than to imprison them." ~ Sen. Whitmire

Last edited by strawberry6977; 03-24-2010 at 12:32 PM..
Old 03-24-2010, 01:05 PM

Default Thanks strawberry3677

He is in ISF for revoking probation, thats different than parole right? It's his first time in state. I keep calling to find out if they have processed his paperwork, this will be his 2nd weekend there. They keep telling me 15 business days that I won't be able to see him until weekend after this! Grrrrr, so frustrated I'm completely cut off! How do you sign up for group?

Old 03-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Dual Diagnosis Advocate

Yes, ISF is for either revocations. I know the rules across the board are different for each of the Programs that are in ETTF. So, it is good that you have been in contact with ETTF to get the run-down on do's and dont's...when and where's. As for the group -- all you do is show up at least 15-30 minutes prior to 8am on Saturday's... From my understanding that one of the guard's goes out to the parking lot around that time to ask who is there for the family group meeting. Otherwise, try to walk thru the front gate and check-in at the front desk and mention you want to be in the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxmommy23 View Post
He is in ISF for revoking probation, thats different than parole right? It's his first time in state. I keep calling to find out if they have processed his paperwork, this will be his 2nd weekend there. They keep telling me 15 business days that I won't be able to see him until weekend after this! Grrrrr, so frustrated I'm completely cut off! How do you sign up for group?
Old 05-08-2010, 07:15 PM

My husband was just transfered to East Texas ISF from Ft bend county Jail friday. He suppose to be transfered to South Texas ISF. This really sucks cuz its further. He violated parole for possession of marijuana(misdemeanor). His parole officer gave him 60-90 days. He got his answer from the board on 4/1. He will also be through with parole for good on July 28! Can someone tell me how would i found out how many days he would get? When will he be able to call me? Im worried, i hope its a safe place.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,014 Posts

So glad this thread is on here. My son may be going here as a condition of his parole, if granted. He wont be back up again for review until the fall, but we are crossing fingers.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:50 PM

My husband was just transferred there last Monday. He is there for SAPF. He will be there for 4 months. He is there for a relapse program. He says he can only call me on the weekends and says that the family group class for him is on Sundays at 8:30.

When you go visit there, do you just park and walk in the front door to show your ID? Are you allowed to bring money in change for snacks during the visit as well?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmswife View Post
My husband was just transferred there last Monday. He is there for SAPF. He will be there for 4 months. He is there for a relapse program. He says he can only call me on the weekends and says that the family group class for him is on Sundays at 8:30.

When you go visit there, do you just park and walk in the front door to show your ID? Are you allowed to bring money in change for snacks during the visit as well?

yes you just park and walk into the front door to show your ID. Take make money in change for snacks, you can get 2 hour visit.
The Following User Says Thank You to lanawifey For This Useful Post:
rdmswife (05-31-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 11:33 PM

my ex boyfriend is Henderson to, he's only been there a week but he has been making phone calls several times a day here all hours of the night and day,i thought it was supposed 3o days before they have access to phones he was told 60 days by parole but they also told today it might be 180 i try not to answer my phone but then he calls my cell phone, so i have no choice but to talk to him they're not collect they're direct,
he's in there for violating parole yet again he was in isf last and the year before to for violating parole, he wont stop drinking and this last time he hit me and i filed charges on him, him his mom tried to get me to lie and say he didn't touch me
the calls i get are abusive he makes threats he brings up crap from 3 20 plus years about old boyfriends i dated etc we're only together 3 years, he was drinking and pulling dissappers acts the whole i fianlly wise up and tried to get away from and still am i live next door to his mom my house is paid so there is no way i can move and start over nor do i wont to. so i how do i stop the calls and keep him away from, i've called victims service but i don't what else to do
i start shaking every time the phone rings i can't leave my phone unplugged all the time, he keeps saying if you sign anymore statements on me you'll regret it i 'm afraid to sign a no contact or a restrain order i'm afraid he'll be out soon and i wont know and i 'll come home and find him in my house even he doesn't have a key never has he just lets himself
cindy

Last edited by cindy7687; 08-17-2010 at 11:38 PM..
Old 08-18-2010, 12:20 AM

Does anyone know about the family counseling on Saturday and Sundays. Do you have to be on a list or do you just show up? I asked at visitation last week with my husband standing right there and they told me to ask the front desk. I asked the front desk and they said he knows what to do, but he really doesn't. I need to know if there is someone that he needs to talk to and if so who is it. They told him to ask him counselor, but she already told him she doesn't know. I have tried to call the head of the DWI program and never have received a response.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:33 PM

Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,014 Posts

Beth, sounds to me as if the ones you talked to dont know either, but dont want to say so.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 PM

how do you find out which facility they will be transferred to and when?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:25 PM

my son is in Cleburne texas county right now and has been told 1 or 2 weeks he would be transfered. it has been 3 weeks and 3 day, i know does not seem like alot but they said that is why he could not bond out til time to leave. He has said that more than one person is saying he will go to Henderson and thats where he wants to . altho it is almost a 3 hour drive , going to be worth it to finally hold my baby. its been since dec. 27th since he has been out. just wishing they would transfer him. suppose to find out if they transfered today, but have to wait until someone calls i guess. have no clue. they transfer at 3 in the morning. how long can they make him wait?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpios120 View Post
my son was sentenced to safep and we were told that they could not tell us where or when until after he is transfered for security reasons. i have seen and heard that it depends on where he is and what facility he goes to and availability of beds. anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months i guess. my son is going on almost a month since he was told he was going to safe p. i did read tho that his po should be told about a week before he goes so you might call him . i have tried my sons, whom we really dont like, and i get his voice mail and he DOES NOT return phone calls. good luck and let us know what you find out
Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 PM
cora scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by smherzog View Post
Does anyone have any information on the ISF unit in Henderson Texas. Visitiation, mail, anything at all
my grandson was sent there yesterday sept 12, 2012 if you find out anything would you please sent me a email to email removed per PTO policy - please PM member thank you so much

Last edited by Renee; 09-13-2012 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: removed email addy
Old 09-13-2012, 05:54 PM
cora scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpios120 View Post
my grandson was transferred yesterday and i called 936-437-6464 and they told me where he went. he went to the isf facility in henderson hope this helps you
Old 09-13-2012, 06:03 PM
cora scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy7687 View Post
my ex boyfriend is Henderson to, he's only been there a week but he has been making phone calls several times a day here all hours of the night and day,i thought it was supposed 3o days before they have access to phones he was told 60 days by parole but they also told today it might be 180 i try not to answer my phone but then he calls my cell phone, so i have no choice but to talk to him they're not collect they're direct,
he's in there for violating parole yet again he was in isf last and the year before to for violating parole, he wont stop drinking and this last time he hit me and i filed charges on him, him his mom tried to get me to lie and say he didn't touch me
the calls i get are abusive he makes threats he brings up crap from 3 20 plus years about old boyfriends i dated etc we're only together 3 years, he was drinking and pulling dissappers acts the whole i fianlly wise up and tried to get away from and still am i live next door to his mom my house is paid so there is no way i can move and start over nor do i wont to. so i how do i stop the calls and keep him away from, i've called victims service but i don't what else to do
i start shaking every time the phone rings i can't leave my phone unplugged all the time, he keeps saying if you sign anymore statements on me you'll regret it i 'm afraid to sign a no contact or a restrain order i'm afraid he'll be out soon and i wont know and i 'll come home and find him in my house even he doesn't have a key never has he just lets himself
cindy
my grandson was sent to henderson yesterday to isf. is there anything you can tell me about visit there. he shouldnt be there like 45 days. he got sent there for parole violater also. he had leg bracklet and his mom threw it out the door and broke it. so he is being punished for it. have you thought about having your phone #;s changed. know its alot of hassel to go thru but maybe he will leave you alone. sorry for your troubles. hope it gets better.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:49 PM

Hi there,
My boyfriend is being transferred there any day now. If anyone can give me any information that would be great! This is a huge change for us and an extremely hard one at that, so any information would be awesome!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Kenswifey

My Hubby just got transferred to bradshaw I'm not to familiar with Texas but from mapquest it in the boonies I'm going to try to visit him soon anyone visit there before?
Old 08-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Does anybody know if you have to make parole elgibility before being accepted to the "In Prison DWI Program" ?