Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 PM

Default How long does it take to be discharged after a revocation hearing?

I learned on 8/14th that my husband had a blue warrant that was 8 years old. He violated his parole by not reporting and had a dirty UA during this time in 2000/2001. He didn't tell me at the time he states because he didn't want to worry me. He had served 4 years in the system and I was pretty much a single mom during that time.

After he was released from prison in 1996, my son was a mess emotionally and we had a 2nd child. So, basically he did not report for 8 years to avoid the heartache I experienced when he went to prison for 4 years. Our circumstances are much different now. My 17 and 12 year old children are smart, confident, outgoing and talented which I attribute to my husband's presence in the home the last 8 years.

Anyway, during 2001-2009 he has kept his nose clean. No additional charges. He has had some pretty impressive jobs (manager, director) and was actually going back to school to complete his bachelors degree in Kinesiology. Furthermore, he had just been hired by a semi-pro team prior to the arrest.

So, he had his hearing on 9/28th. My Mom and I showed up as witnesses. I was so nervous during the hearing that I actually mis-stated a few things. Afterwards, his PO officer said that the parole hearing officer understood and didn't give it much weight.

My husband called me later that night and stated that they actually told him that they (supervising po that issue the warrant, attending po, parole hearing representative) voted to continue supervision. He said this means that since he would have been discharged in 2008, that he would basically be discharged and no longer be on parole. He is now waiting on the po to deliver the discharge certificate to the jail where he is being held.

However, I spoke with his PO the day of the hearing. I didn't quite understand, but I believe she said that it had to go to the board and they would make a decision based upon the parole hearing officer's recommendation. This could take up 30 days. She advised to call back a week from the hearing and keep calling back every week until she has word.

Basically, a week has passed since the hearing. I was unable to reach her. Can anyone give me a timeframe based upon what I posted as to when my husband will be released if the decision is to "continue with supervision"?
Sponsored Links