Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Prison Phones
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Phones Discuss problems, solutions and other issues relating to institutional phone systems here

Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM

Default city telecoin

my man keeps calling me and this recording comes on...it tells me to press one to accept the call..and then it just hangs up..The recording says there is o dollers on the pre paid account and to contact city tele coin..
does anyone know anything about this
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Unable to can
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,875 Times in 2,002 Posts

Apparently, that is the phone company the facility uses. Call the company and found out what you can do to set up an account.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 AM

Default city telelcoin...

I just set up an account for my baby father....On city telecoin..
I havent been able to use it yet...but has anyone had any dealings with this service...The rates are so expensive...4 something for the first min and then 69 cents a min after...Thats craaaaazy..
Please whoever knows about this service give me as much info as possible..and ur personal opnions..
Old 10-03-2009, 03:17 PM

i have an account now
just want 2 kno peoples opnion on the service
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 PM
"reds wifey"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missen Him View Post
I just set up an account for my baby father....On city telecoin..
I havent been able to use it yet...but has anyone had any dealings with this service...The rates are so expensive...4 something for the first min and then 69 cents a min after...Thats craaaaazy..
Please whoever knows about this service give me as much info as possible..and ur personal opnions..
well i have city telecoin set up on my phone and yeah its very expensive trust me its killing me everytime u need to add money they will always take 10 dollars of the top and my calls are abt 6 dollars for the full 15min its crazy...
Old 07-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,658 Times in 3,024 Posts

We had to use City Telecoin when my son was in a county jail in Kentucky doing DOC time. Yes, their rates weren't very good. We ended up purchasing a prepaid cell phone and requested a phone number with the same area code and a prefix (1st 3 numbers after the area code) for the town he was in. Our calls ended up being less than $2.00 for 15 minutes which was way better than the rates they quoted us if he called to our Florida numbers.
I didn't like that they had a minimum of something like $65.00 if you added money to your account by phone but that was how I'd usually do it. I never had any real problems with their services. What really bothered me is that after my son got moved back to Fla. I called them to cancel my account and get a refund. It took me at least 12 phone calls and almost 6 months to finally get that refund. Every time I'd call they'd say the person who does refunds isn't there or some other excuse as to why I hadn't received my refund. Finally when I told them I'd be calling the BBB they managed to issue me a refund.

PTO Mod for Genl Health Care, Mental Health, Hep C, Prison Legal, Legislation & Laws, Inmate Card Forum, D & A Rehab & CP