Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:41 AM

Default Custody Level - What does it mean?

What does Closed Custody level mean?

my life begins
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Dawn loves Michael always

Default Custody definitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirerose View Post
What does Closed Custody level mean?
Custody LevelsDetermined by a scoring system and professional assessment that reflects the degree of supervision appropriate for an offender. Factors for consideration include, but are not limited to severity of offense, length of sentence, characteristics of sentence, criminal history, age and behavior. The five custody levels of an offender are:
  1. Community: Community custody refers to that class of inmates who are eligible for placement at a community residential facility.
  2. Minimum: Minimum custody refers to that class of inmates who are eligible for outside work assignments but not for placement at a community residential facility.
  3. Medium: Medium custody refers to that class of inmates who are eligible for placement at a work camp with a secure perimeter but who are not eligible for placement in an outside work assignment without armed supervision.
  4. Close: Close custody refers to that class of inmates who must be maintained within an armed perimeter or under direct, armed supervision when outside of a secure perimeter.
  5. Maximum: Maximum custody refers to that class of inmates who are under a sentence of death.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities...finitions.html

The Following User Says Thank You to wifeofMichael For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Closed

Question What does mininum custody mean??

I just saw my man's D.O.C webpage and it says custody is mininum. Is that a good things??? He's still in Lake Butler R.M.C-West and I hope they'll keep him there because Lake Butler is not that far from me. But I was just wondering what minunum custody entitles to. If anyone can help answer this question, would appreciate it! Thanks!

And, I got another letter from him today. He seems to write me a letter every other day. I told him to pick a day in the middle of the week, and write me. But I guess he likes getting letters from me
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,475 Times in 3,665 Posts

Post #2 has the definition of all the custody levels. This link to the DOC website, http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/custody.html#1, explains how custody levels change, etc.

Chances are now that his custody has been established he won't be at RMC much longer.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

Last edited by ben's girl; 09-22-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Old 09-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Closed

What?? He might be leaving RMC soon??? ugh.....where do you think they'll send him? Because he wants to do that drug core programs or rehab but I don't know any facilitys around me that offers those type of programs he wants to take. He told me last time I spoke with him that might be going to gainesville. But I don't know. I hope he won't be moving to far
Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 PM

Jenny most of the guys end up in region 1 or 2. most of the inmates are from central and south florida. I would not expect your guy to be to in one of close ones, one of the highest crime area is around is the tampa St. petersburg area i heard that on the radio this afternoon on my way to work. i would have thought Miami would have it but its not. Not sure where you are but i hope you are one of the lucky one and they put him down the road from you.

if things don't stop happening in my life it may be another year before i get to see my man.

My guy writes me every day he does not have anything else to do so he puts all his feelings and fears into his letters. Don't let him stop writing to you that much it will keep him straight and on the right track.

my life begins
Old 09-23-2009, 06:23 PM

With minimum custody he has the opportunity to be evaluated and dropped, depending on his crime and length of sentence, to community custody which opens up Work Release opportunities.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:41 PM

Default What is the difference in the custody levels?

Question what is the difference in the custody levels? Also when do they change or get lowered? Just wondering how that works and is the level based on the crime?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:50 PM

I think it depends on several things, such as the crime the committed, how much time they got, if they have any detainers, etc...I know as their time gets shorter and they stay out of trouble, the custody level drops...If they get a DR, that can cause the custody to go up...
Old 10-05-2009, 01:25 PM

Correct. My husband is hoping his custody level can drop to Community by December so he can get on the list for work release.