Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Federal General Prison Talk This forum is for general topics & discussions relating to the U.S. Federal Prison System. If there is no other category available, please use this one.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:59 PM

Default Email switch to Corrlinks

USP Marion is changing the way they do emails to a website called Corrlinks. Does anyone have any info. on this. We are trying to figure out the pro's and con's...and what kind of cost is involved, if any, to either the inmate or the person sending the email. I have read the post on Iowa's Corrlink program....but it's not really clear if there is a cost for the Federal inmates. Also,right now my boyfriend gets my emails within a couple of hours. It looks like Iowa's inmates have a time frame to get their mail the same day, otherwise it's the next day. Can anyone give me some input on this? Thanks, Annie
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 09:38 AM

Annie,
I too am interested in the Corrlinks issue.....Is this system about to be adopted all throughout the FBOP as the article leads a person to believe,OR, is it just isolated to a few FBOP locations? My loved one in Texas has heard no word of Trulincs being replaced.
From what I read about Corrlinks, it would appear this would be a lower quality of communication than Trulincs.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,737 Times in 4,292 Posts

From FedCURE - looks like all of BOP is changing over.

FBOP TRULINCS is moving to CorrLinks ~ 09 September 2009

Sign-up for contacting BOP Inmates available after 9/9/09.

The only service that will be available for BOP inmates will be email.

CorrLinks is a way for family and friends to communicate with their loved ones incarcerated in prison. Established through a relationship between a corrections agency and ATG, this system allows family and friends to subscribe to the CorrLinks services and send money or email messages to the institution.
When the corrections agency subscribes to CorrLinks' two-way mail service, the inmate receives the message on a computer within the prison. They are able to read, print and respond to messages electronically. All messages are delivered to the sending family/friends via Internet email. The inmates do not receive access to the Internet.

When the corrections agency subscribes to CorrLinks' one-way mail service, the institution prints and delivers the messages via internal mail services. The sending family member does not need to write/print or mail the message and wait for USPS deliery.

Certain agencies also allow inmates to receive money electronically. CorrLinks makes this possible by providing friends and family with access to Western Union's vast network of agents and website, enabling them to send money quickly and easily to the institution. In most cases, money is deposited from CorrLinks to the institution within 24 hours.

FAQ
1.. How do I use this site?

2.. Is there a charge for using this site?

3.. When are messages delivered?

4.. Can my message be held up for delivery?

5.. If my message is rejected, do you refund the fee?

6.. My loved one is no longer at the facility. Will you refund my balance?

7.. I can't figure out this site. Can I call you for help?

8.. When will I be able to send messages to inmates at xyz institution?

9.. Are my messages monitored?

10.. I have forgotten my login and/or password. Can you reset it?

11.. How will the charge appear on my credit card statement?

12.. How can I contact Corrlinks?

Go to top

Return
1. How do I use this site?
You must sign-up by agreeing to the terms and conditions of usage and creating an account. If you're communicating with an inmate at a subscribing state or county facility, you will also need to fund your account using a Mastercard or VISA credit card.

If you're communicating with a federal inmate you will need to add inmates with the identification code sent to you by email.

With your account, you'll be able to add inmates with whom you wish to communicate. You will need to know the inmate number to add them to your address book.

Once the inmate is added, you can compose and send a new message.

Go to top

2. Is there a charge for using this site?
Charges for using this site are based upon agreements with Correctional agencies. This site does not charge for sending or receiving messages from inmates at Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities with TRULINCS. Sending messages to Iowa inmates costs $0.25 per message.

Go to top

3. When are messages delivered?
Messages are generally delivered by the institution staff at a time of their choosing.

Go to top

4. Can my message be held up for delivery?
The institution staff have the final authority for delivery of any and all messages and may review it, hold it or reject it just like any other package or letter entering the institution.

Go to top

5. If my message is rejected, do you refund the fee?
Just like any other letter mailed to the inmates at an institution, the fee to send a letter is the cost of transporting the message to the facility. If the institution rejects a letter, no fee will be refunded.

Go to top

6. My loved one is no longer at the facility. Will you refund my balance?
Yes. If all inmates in your address book have been released from our subscribing institutions, you may request a cancellation of your account and a refund of your remaining balance. We will issue the refund to your credit card within 48 hours.

Go to top

7. I can't figure out this site. Can I call you for help?
Sorry, we keep the fees for users of this site low by providing online support only. The process to use this site is very simple - please see Question #1 - How do I use this site.

Go to top

8. When will I be able to send messages to inmates at xyz institution?
We are working on adding facilities for friends and families to communicate with incarcerated loved ones but are not able to predict when a facility may be added. If your loved one is at a subscribing facility, you'll be able to add them to your address book with the inmate number. If they are at a Federal Bureau of Prisons facility, please visit http://www.inmatemessage.com for instructions.

Go to top

9. Are my messages monitored?
The institution housing an inmate determines its need for monitoring messages, letters and other communication. If desired, the institution may monitor any or all messages for any or all inmates. CorrLinks staff does not monitor your messages but may need to assist the institution in such monitoring from time to time.

Go to top

10. I have forgotten my login and/or password. Can you reset it?
We have provided a self-reset tool for your user name and password that utilizes the questions and answers you provided at sign-up. Our staff does not reset user passwords, nor can provide a previously used username or password.

Go to top

11. How will the charge appear on my credit card statement?
Credit card charges made on the Corrlinks web site will appear on your credit card statement as ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES.

Go to top

12. How can I contact Corrlinks?
You can contact Corrlinks from the Feedback

Go to top

dummy

Terms and Conditions

CorrLinks Terms and Conditions of Service

Welcome to CorrLinks. By using this website, you accept the terms of this usage agreement (the Agreement). Please read this Agreement carefully. CorrLinks terms and conditions of service may be changed at any time and the new terms and conditions will be available on the website. Your use of the CorrLinks service shall constitute your explicit agreement with the terms and conditions of this service as modified from time to time. CorrLinks makes no representation or warranties of any kind, either written or implied, as to the services provided. This Agreement has been made in, and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa. By using CorrLinks services, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts in Des Moines, Iowa in all disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or CorrLinks services.

Services Provided

The services provided by CorrLinks are per agreements between CorrLinks and Correctional Agencies permitting CorrLinks to provide message delivery services to the institutions. Each correctional agency determines which CorrLinks services are authorized for an institution, group of inmates or even a particular inmate. New services are only added via agreements with correctional agencies.

Services are provided to you as-is. You understand that there may be delays, omissions, interruptions, inaccuracies and/or other problems with the website and services provided. CorrLinks and its affiliates, agents and licensors cannot and do not warrant the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the website or services available. Under no circumstances will CorrLinks or its affiliates, agents or licensors be liable to you or anyone else for any damages arising out of your use of these services, including without limitation, consequential, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, exemplary or other damages of any kind. You agree that the liability of CorrLinks and its affiliates, agents and licensors, if any, arising out of any kind of legal claim arising out of or otherwise relating to the website or services provided by CorrLinks will not exceed the amount you paid, if any, for the use of the services out of which such liability allegedly arises.

Service Fees

Each service is provided for free or a nominal service fee which is specific to each service and each correctional agency. The service fees, if any, are displayed at the time of each transaction and may change with a 30-day advance notice. There are no charges for services provide when communicating with inmates housed in Federal Bureau of Prisons institutions, and your CorrLinks account would not require funding as stated below.

You must fund your CorrLinks account, via a credit card payment, prior to use of the CorrLinks services. A convenience fee is charged by the credit card processing entity at the time of each transaction. All fees are in US Dollars. The fees vary by correctional agency.

Refunds

The CorrLinks service may be canceled once all subscribed inmates are no longer available for communication. Once no inmates are available, the user may request a refund of the remaining balance to the credit card used for the last transaction made on their credit card. The user will be required to confirm the last 4 digits of the credit card used, the last amount transacted and their password. Upon confirmation, the remaining balance, less the aforementioned convenience fee will be refunded to the credit card and the account canceled.

Delivery of Messages

Messages are received by CorrLinks on behalf of the correctional agency responsible for the custody of the particular inmate. CorrLinks is responsible for delivery of messages to the correctional agency; once the message has been delivered to the correctional agency, CorrLinks has successfully completed its obligation. Correctional agencies have published policies governing correspondence that they will deliver to inmates. Messages the correctional agency decides not to deliver to the inmate are not refundable to the sender and no information is available to CorrLinks support staff about specific rejections and reason.

Delivery of Money

Money sent by CorrLinks service for delivery to the inmate's account for any purpose may be rejected by the correctional agency with custody over the inmate for a variety of reasons. If the rejection is due to the inmate's release from custody or due to institution rejection, the money sent will be refunded to the sender less the convenience fee. Once funds are delivered to the correctional agency and accepted, no refunds can be processed.

Delivery of Packages

Packages or goods requested via the CorrLinks service for delivery to the inmate account for any purpose may be rejected by the correctional agency with custody over the inmate for a variety of reasons. Once the goods are ordered for delivery, no refunds are available. A delivery cancellation button is available until the order is processed.

Passwords and Account Access

To obtain access to services you will be given an opportunity to register with CorrLinks. You agree that the information you supply during that registration process will be accurate and complete and that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter the service under the name of, another person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password, and for all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to notify CorrLinks immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by CorrLinks or any other user of the CorrLinks due to someone else using your password or customer account. You may not use anyone else's password or customer account at any time. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site. You are not authorized to use any automatic device, program, algorithm, system or manual process to access, acquire, copy, scan, probe, test or monitor any portion of the CorrLinks services, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the site through any means not purposely made available through the site.

CorrLinks retains the right to terminate your access to the site and its services at any time, for any reason. If we terminate your account, a refund of any remaining balance will be provided.

Monitoring

CorrLinks service staff may access content on the service, including any messages sent or received via the service. All information and content about messages sent and received using CorrLinks are accessible for review and/or download by staff at the correctional agency or their assignees responsible for the particular inmate. By using CorrLinks services you are eighteen years old, and expressly agree to the monitoring and review of all messages sent and received via this service by CorrLinks staff, and the applicable correctional agency and its staff, contractors, and agents.

[LAST CHANGED: Aug 25, 2009]

English Español
© 2008 Advanced Technologies Group, Inc.

https://www.corrlinks.com/Login.aspx...2fDefault.aspx
Old 09-02-2009, 09:53 PM

Default huh?

So which is it????

"When the corrections agency subscribes to CorrLinks' two-way mail service, the inmate receives the message on a computer within the prison. They are able to read, print and respond to messages electronically. All messages are delivered to the sending family/friends via Internet email. The inmates do not receive access to the Internet."

This sounds just like what they have now...

"When the corrections agency subscribes to CorrLinks' one-way mail service, the institution prints and delivers the messages via internal mail services. The sending family member does not need to write/print or mail the message and wait for USPS deliery. "

This options sucks...It sounds like we send the email, then wait for a lazy BOP employee to print it and deliver it via mail call. Mail call will take two hours every night if that's the case...

So which option is the BOP going with? And where exactly is it posted that the BOP is switching? Not to doubt Fedcure, but my dealings with the BOP have taught me not to believe anything unless it's coming straight from the BOP's mouth, and then only believe half of it....
Old 09-03-2009, 01:36 PM

Default huh....is right!

Thanks for the inputs. The way I understand it....we will have to log into a website to write our emails to our inmates and to receive them as well. We won't know any longer if we got an email from them by our normal means of receiving email....unless we go to their website. It doesn't look like a cost to us, other then the inmates still have to pay for their time online. Annie
Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM

Well, until someone posts a little bettter info than this, I wouldn't run out on Sept 9th and sign up for Corrlinks... nothing having to do with the BOP happens this fast and I seriously doubt they are gonna flip a switch on the 9th and magically everything is switched.... I doubt they could do it in 6 months, much less one day... JMO...
Old 09-04-2009, 08:52 AM

LOL....I guess we'll see what happens next Wednesday. Annie
Old 09-06-2009, 11:51 PM

Uuum... how are we going to get notified of when the institution that our loved one's in takes this corrlinks on..?? How darn confusing, especially as the trulincs dont seem to be working either in the meanwhile..... grrh.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:37 AM

Angry No email today

My hubby is a BOP inmate and today is the first day that I haven't gotten an email from him since he's been online. He spoke with our daughter last night and asked if she had gotten his email that he'd sent earlier. She did not get any email from him.

Yeah, something smells fishy with Trulincs.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoster View Post
My hubby is a BOP inmate and today is the first day that I haven't gotten an email from him since he's been online. He spoke with our daughter last night and asked if she had gotten his email that he'd sent earlier. She did not get any email from him.

Yeah, something smells fishy with Trulincs.
All the ones I sent yesterday are now being returned one by one with a message that the receivers server was unable to connect..... Lovely the way they leave us hangin.....
Old 09-07-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue183 View Post
All the ones I sent yesterday are now being returned one by one with a message that the receivers server was unable to connect..... Lovely the way they leave us hangin.....

The ones i sent yesterday has not been returned to me ....yet!!! Hope they resolved this quickly AND hope gonna have no problem with Corrlinks either!!

Merry Christmas, darling
We're apart, that's true
But I can dream
And in my dreams
I'm Christmasing with you....

Sung by The Carpenter's

After 10.2 months of imprisonment, my husband is now back home with his family!! Thank you, Jesus Christ, for giving us the grace to get through this!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dsnygirl For This Useful Post:
sockmunkey1969 (08-22-2013)
Old 09-07-2009, 06:02 AM

I sent more emails too, and they came back rejected as well. Annie
Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 AM

Everyone should check out the supplier of Corrlinks at a-t-g (You need to add dot com and three w's in front but I guess I don't have 15 posts yet.) Their site has a list of current BOP locations that are up and I guess will be active on the 9th. Click on 'Current Installations' to see it. The site also has some other very interesting info re how it works. David
Old 09-07-2009, 10:50 AM

glad i popped in here...... i was wondering why all my emails have been bouncing back to me. this site is a wealth of information! thanks everyone!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:35 PM

Exclamation I can't get it out of my head!

Corrlinks looks like Coors Light to me! Each time that I type Corrlinks, I type is as "Coorlinks" and then have to go back and change it. This is not a good sign of things to come. I'm going to be hating life from this point forward
Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Queen Of Everything
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKLADY View Post
glad i popped in here...... i was wondering why all my emails have been bouncing back to me. this site is a wealth of information! thanks everyone!!!!

Ditto!!!

All i knew this morning was everything i was sending kept coming back to me ... Thank you PTO for staying on top of these things and helping us out!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 01:05 PM

yeah thanks..i just saw all my emails come back today!!!...and was really fusterating is my man meets with team tommorow and his case manager and conslour to find out about his release date ....and now he won't be able to email me and let me know whats going on..uggggggg...but thank you prison talk because at least i know whats going on?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoster View Post
Corrlinks looks like Coors Light to me! Each time that I type Corrlinks, I type is as "Coorlinks" and then have to go back and change it. This is not a good sign of things to come. I'm going to be hating life from this point forward
Jojoster, this whole Trulincs/Corrlinks debacle is enough to make one want to drink several bottles of Coors Light! Now the association between Corrlinks and Coors Light will be permanently stuck in my head.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:40 PM

My husband is at FCI Coleman Low and from what he has told me is that they are switching to the new e-mail system and it will be the two way mail starting on Sept 9.

Gotta love the BOP.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Default I got email!!!!

I just received four emails from the hubby. The latest one is timed seven hours ago! The other three are from yesterday and last night. He didn't mention the switch over to Corrlinks. Instead, he had heard that only outgoing email was allowed through and he thought that this was because there was no one available to read the incoming ones

Little does he know. He'll find out soon enough...
Old 09-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,737 Times in 4,292 Posts

From looking at posts all over this forum, it looks like the Trulincs system has bit the dust at all the federal prisons. Must be the switchover to Corrlinks.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:12 PM

Don't think they're ready.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:26 PM

I got some emails today also.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Queen Of Everything
Donation Award 

All my emails from him came rushing in this morning as well!! He was a bit upset that i had not sent anything (specially considering i went and saw him on Saturday) ~ but in his last email he said ...

"Well i know now that there is something wrong with this system...NOBODY has
received any emails from anyone"

Apparently he has no idea about the switch over ~ =/

Hopefully it will all be taken care of tomorrow and they wont be dragging this out!!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 AM

Emailing was available for a bit yesterday. I replied to some late ones that I received. I wonder if I should have even bothered with that. It looks like those emails will be lost during the switch